Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
    Is it time to pack my case? Is it?

Can't start packing my suitcase just yet. I still have two other cons to pack for and I don't really own enough clothes to pack three separate cases. So I suppose I'll just have to put that off for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
      I know how much you love to hoover and you also might have to
      Spoiler:
      paint
      the bathroom too.
      Kliggy-Wiggy-----> <-------Me

The bathroom will never get
      Spoiler:
      Painted!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
        Kliggy-Wiggy-----> <-------Me

The bathroom will never get
        Spoiler:
        Painted!

LOL! Now is that nice to hit me on the head just because I pointed out a little fact.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          Can't start packing my suitcase just yet. I still have two other cons to pack for and I don't really own enough clothes to pack three separate cases. So I suppose I'll just have to put that off for awhile.
          LOL! I have 2 other cons and a trip to the US before Gabit.

Can someone do the count down update tommorw morning please? I need to go out early in the morning. I'll do it Saturday.

((((((((hugs)))))))))

Comment

Wow! Only 259 days to Gabit2???? I'm still not ready for Vancouver. I'm soooooo psyched about meeting all of you and of course, getting to spend time with Amanda. I still can't believe I was lucky enough to get tickets to the dinner. Is it a dinner or a cocktail party? Nevermind, it means I get to buy a new dressy outfit, because right now, I don't have a thing to wear! Oh joy!
            On fighting:
            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Ok, it looks as if my husband and I are going to head to the UK a week before the con and try to check out sites. Anyone have any suggestions for places to visit? We didn't make it very far out of London last year, so just about anything is up for grabs this time.

Kat
              Well, I'd pick a few places and do them well instead of trying to cram a lot in.

There's a LOT you can do that is within reach of London. Even someplace as far away as Edinburgh is only a day's trip on the train (that is a day to get there not a day trip!).

Day trips from London are plentiful. You could do Oxford, Cambridge, Canterbury. There are trips to Stonehenge and Salisbury. You could take the train to Brighton for the day.

Give me an idea of the sorts of things you'd want from sightseeing, and if there are any places or sights that you've always had a burning desire to see, and I'll give you my pearls of wisdom
              sigpic

Comment

258 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!

I found time to update (((((((((all))))))))))))

Comment

omg these days are dropping like flies
                  im scared
                  - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

Originally posted by Nem2k
                    omg these days are dropping like flies
                    im scared
                    Its going fast actually!! But then so is the whole year!

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                      There are trips to Stonehenge and Salisbury.
                      I thought Avebury was really nice, much less commercialized than Stonehenge. But it may be harder to get to.

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main...ace/w-avebury/

I also have pictures here:
                      http://photobucket.com/albums/y293/gunhilda/UK/

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                        Well, I'd pick a few places and do them well instead of trying to cram a lot in.

There's a LOT you can do that is within reach of London. Even someplace as far away as Edinburgh is only a day's trip on the train (that is a day to get there not a day trip!).

Day trips from London are plentiful. You could do Oxford, Cambridge, Canterbury. There are trips to Stonehenge and Salisbury. You could take the train to Brighton for the day.

Give me an idea of the sorts of things you'd want from sightseeing, and if there are any places or sights that you've always had a burning desire to see, and I'll give you my pearls of wisdom
                        Hmm, I may have to get back with you on this one. I asked my husband what he wanted to go see last night and his only response to me was...

I just want to go some place where we can sit in a hot spring and relax. Here's I'm thinking of looking at the beautiful landscape of the country and hubby just would be happy as a lark just sitting in a hottub for a week. LoL. Oh well.

Comment

Hmm, I may have to get back with you on this one. I asked my husband what he wanted to go see last night and his only response to me was...

I just want to go some place where we can sit in a hot spring and relax. Here's I'm thinking of looking at the beautiful landscape of the surrounding countryside and hubby just would be happy as a lark just sitting in a hottub for a week. LoL. Oh well.
                          Wales is also close to London . There's still lots of places in the UK were i've never been. i'm filling my wish list for London slowly. It's very handy having good friends in the city. Gipsy, Baby G and I went to Kew Gardens last September.

If you want to see water birds, take a crouise on the Thames! Even though we were still close to thecenter of the capital, I counted 19 herons! The most i've seen in 1 day. LOL i thing Gipsy thought I was mad! Every time i spotted 1 i'd dash back to tell her! Baby G loved the boat ride. He slept through Kew.

Anyway.....

257 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

256 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hey all!

I have been thinking about what world record we could go for, and to this end I took a wander through the Guinness site for inspiration.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/...ubcategoryid=8

So how do you all fancy dead cricket spitting or cockroach eating?

Or maybe going for the distance record for shooting a marshmallow out of a nose? Or loudest burp?

If you fancy some danger how about catching the most arrows in a minute? That should be easy, we only have to beat 33.

Anybody else had any ideas?
                              Last edited by SeaBee; 05 March 2006, 12:11 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X