GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
    Screwdrivers? Should we be asking why you need them?
    Hmm, not sure if screwdrivers are the same in the UK as they are in the States. We have a drink here called a screwdriver that's made with orange juice and vodka and I'd be needing a few ( four or five ) to calm my nerves.

SS- I should be so lucky as to sleep on the plane. On my trip over to Gabit, we had an evening flight that arrived at 8am. I made myself stay up the entire night before hoping that I'd be so dog tired that I'd sleep the entire trip, but sadly I was only able to doze for a few hours.

I really should look into hypnosis sessions or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
      Poor Mumsey; having to spend the whole weekend with that gang. May I offer you a cup of tea?
      Poor Mumsey?? Don't let her pull the wool over your eyes.....Mumsey laughed so hard over the weekend she complained her sides were hurting. As to a nice cup of tea, I think we all turned into tea pots! But never say no! LOL

Foot note to Mumsey.................had to reference our fav animal over the weekend with the wool

Tracy

Comment

Originally posted by t_2
        Poor Mumsey?? Don't let her pull the wool over your eyes.....Mumsey laughed so hard over the weekend she complained her sides were hurting. As to a nice cup of tea, I think we all turned into tea pots! But never say no! LOL

Foot note to Mumsey.................had to reference our fav animal over the weekend with the wool

Tracy
        I knew it was all an act. I figured she was having a great time with you all. Perhaps I should have offered you the tea?
        sigpic

Comment

Perhaps I should have offered you the tea?
          Yeah! And you know I'm a little fussy with it, don't like all that fancy stuff (if you recall when we had tea together)

Tracy

Comment

Originally posted by t_2
            Yeah! And you know I'm a little fussy with it, don't like all that fancy stuff (if you recall when we had tea together)

Tracy
            I do remember that you were extremely fussy about your tea. I just skipped the whole tea question and drank champagne.
            sigpic

Comment

289 DAYS TO GO !!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                Don't fret it! In a year or so people will have moved on. Who knows, may be the next big baddie in a soap could be called Katrina!

I love the name Raylene BTW. It sounds so lovely when said out loud.

We debated long and hard about baby gipsy's name, as the one we'd had our heart's set on for ages had been co-opted by a TV show. But it isn't that big a show (those of you who know Baby G are going 'what'! at that, but you know what I mean - it isn't like deciding to call your kid Buffy for example) and it isn't that unusual a name, so by the time he's at school people will have forgotten about the association. So we decided to go ahead with it anyway.
                it is a very common name :-) LOL he can also say he had a internet nickname before he was born!! Wont be surprised if he joins GW soon :-P

Comment

Every April I go to Orkney to play at a jazz festival, and we always stay up till the early hours in the residents lounge, drinking and singing Al Jolson songs. I was looking through a songbook tonight, and came up with this. (I was inspired by SS's rendition earlier on!)

To the tune of "Mammy", with accompaniment by Hyper Smiley Guy...

Amanda
                  Amanda
                  We're from the east, we're from the west,
                  And we're all here to meet the best!
                  Amanda
                  Amanda
                  Our hearts beat wild at the prospect of seein' ya!
                  I'm comin', and Kliggs and Baggie...even Rune
                  We're comin'......we'll even learn to sing in tune!
                  Amanda
                  Amanda
                  We'll come a million miles
                  For one of your smiles
                  Amanda!

*Thank you. I'm appearing here all week!*

*realises she has no bouquet to throw so lobs a bottle of guinness instead*

*giggling* yay for Bev and HSG, encore! Encore!

Comment

Even I was too afraid to go in there with you two!
                    You?
                    Afraid?

We never would have guessed. That 'I mean business' style lion tamer outfit complete with chair and great big whip hid it very well

No wonder Kliggs and I scratched up the furniture in there

And you can take me anywhere. I am perfectly behaved.
                    Uh huh, I believe they thought that about King Kong too *grins* remember, I take no responsibility for your actions should you decide to run amok in London and climb up the Canary Wharf tower

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                    Though I was tempted to creatively manipulate *coughs* mangle some Mary Poppins tunes in response to FHB.... "A spoonful of sugar" (but I had visions of Rune thunking and decided ooops... not PG!) and then supercalifragilisticexpealidocious... but then to find something to rhyme with it would have been simply atrocious!
                    *giggles again* Me? Thunking? Surely you jest?
                    What a tease! You have to do it now SS, via PM if necessary - I'm prepared to beg!

Comment

Originally posted by Rune
                      Hey, speak for yourself. No furniture was damaged by me at Gabit last year.

Uh huh, I believe they thought that about King Kong too *grins* remember, I take no responsibility for your actions should you decide to run amok in London and climb up the Canary Wharf tower
                      I would never do that even if I knew what it was.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey, speak for yourself. No furniture was damaged by me at Gabit last year.
                        oh please, the bite-marks on the monitors say otherwise. I'm bringing the muzzle this time.

Comment

Originally posted by t_2
                          Poor Mumsey?? Don't let her pull the wool over your eyes.....Mumsey laughed so hard over the weekend she complained her sides were hurting.
                          (Grins sheepishly) Well, I have to admit I did laugh a bit

Originally posted by t_2
                          As to a nice cup of tea, I think we all turned into tea pots! But never say no! LOL
                          Indeed... Mine's with milk and no sugar, thanks.

Originally posted by t_2
                          Foot note to Mumsey......had to reference our fav animal over the weekend with the wool

Tracy
                          Ark-Ark, humour!

Mumsey
                          For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

*realises she has no bouquet to throw so lobs a bottle of guinness instead*
                            *grabs bottle and takes a swig* Um....thanks.

*giggling* yay for Bev and HSG, encore! Encore!
                            We thank you.
                            sigpic

Comment

You?
                              Afraid?

We never would have guessed. That 'I mean business' style lion tamer outfit complete with chair and great big whip hid it very well

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/...bitz/tamer.jpg

LOL! I remember that was the morning I dressed up a bit for breakfast. (Guess where I stashed the £1 coins for the computer?)
                              I think I'll leave the whip at home this year, if only to stop the body searches at the airport. On second thoughts.....
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG
                                (Grins sheepishly) Well, I have to admit I did laugh a bit

Indeed... Mine's with milk and no sugar, thanks.

Ark-Ark, humour!

Mumsey

Laugh????? I've never laughed so much across a weekend as we did (except perhaps at AT1) !! And the plans we've made for all you guys coming to AT2!! Wow! It's going to be quite an Event! )

Julia
                                G4
                                (still recovering from sleep deprivation across a G4/senior staff weekend)
                                To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X