GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GateGipsy
    Don't fret it! In a year or so people will have moved on. Who knows, may be the next big baddie in a soap could be called Katrina!

I love the name Raylene BTW. It sounds so lovely when said out loud.

We debated long and hard about baby gipsy's name, as the one we'd had our heart's set on for ages had been co-opted by a TV show. But it isn't that big a show (those of you who know Baby G are going 'what'! at that, but you know what I mean - it isn't like deciding to call your kid Buffy for example) and it isn't that unusual a name, so by the time he's at school people will have forgotten about the association. So we decided to go ahead with it anyway.
    When I was young folks kept calling me Beverly Hill Billies, or just Beverly Hills. (My name's spelled with an extra 'e'....Beverley.) It must be great to have such a wonderful way with words! Nowadays, I may get Bevvy, which is slang for alcoholic drink. At least that's a wee bit more like me!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rune
      Kliggs & I were pestering people online in the computer suite last time around and to be honest it wasn't too excessive on the wallet, certainy not £ a minute at any rate and there were a good 6 or so machines in there too. At quiet times we were also the only ones in there (although possibly that was simply due to the fact that we were in there)
      Even I was too afraid to go in there with you two!

you are soooooo performing that at the disco y'know.

The last verse is particularly poignant, I blubbed buckets last time around after just 1 day so goodness knows what I'll be like this year. *remembers her post-Gabit blues and shivers*
      Me too.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        As far as laptops are concerned, I will definitely be bringing mine along. Give me a few screwdrivers and my laptop and I should be able to keep my mind off the plane flight for at least a few hours and hopefully I won't drive my husband completely batty during the ten hour flight.
        Screwdrivers? Should we be asking why you need them?
        sigpic

Comment

Every April I go to Orkney to play at a jazz festival, and we always stay up till the early hours in the residents lounge, drinking and singing Al Jolson songs. I was looking through a songbook tonight, and came up with this. (I was inspired by SS's rendition earlier on!)

To the tune of "Mammy", with accompaniment by Hyper Smiley Guy...

Amanda
          Amanda
          We're from the east, we're from the west,
          And we're all here to meet the best!
          Amanda
          Amanda
          Our hearts beat wild at the prospect of seein' ya!
          I'm comin', and Kliggs and Baggie...even Rune
          We're comin'......we'll even learn to sing in tune!
          Amanda
          Amanda
          We'll come a million miles
          For one of your smiles
          Amanda!

*Thank you. I'm appearing here all week!*
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
            Every April I go to Orkney to play at a jazz festival, and we always stay up till the early hours in the residents lounge, drinking and singing Al Jolson songs. I was looking through a songbook tonight, and came up with this. (I was inspired by SS's rendition earlier on!)

To the tune of "Mammy", with accompaniment by Hyper Smiley Guy...

Amanda
            Amanda
            We're from the east, we're from the west,
            And we're all here to meet the best!
            Amanda
            Amanda
            Our hearts beat wild at the prospect of seein' ya!
            I'm comin', and Kliggs and Baggie...even Rune
            We're comin'......we'll even learn to sing in tune!
            Amanda
            Amanda
            We'll come a million miles
            For one of your smiles
            Amanda!

OMG. *alternately groaning and laughing*
            sigpic

Comment

Even I was too afraid to go in there with you two!
              You were chicken

Tell that to the people who've been trying to get your old gum off the underside of the desk ever since why don't you.

Honestly, I can't take you anywhere
              I would never leave my gum on the underside of the desk! That would be gross I left it under the chairs where the event took place.

And you can take me anywhere. I am perfectly behaved.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG
                Oooh! I have one of those. Mine is actually a tile pot-stand. It says " At long last, we have a sufficient quantity for each of you to have his own. Guard it well! These tuits have been hard to come by. Especially the round ones. This is an indispensable item. It will help you to become a much more efficient woker. For years we have heard people say 'Ill do this when I get round tuit'. Now that you have a round tuit of your own, many things that have needed to be accomplished will get done." - Yeah! Right! I keep a clock on it......

All of which means absolutely nothing, but I thought I would comment....
                Mumsey
                (Punch drunk from a weekend spent with the G4 and senior staff members. Bedlam would be a rest home compared to that lot!!)
                Poor Mumsey; having to spend the whole weekend with that gang. May I offer you a cup of tea?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                  Poor Mumsey; having to spend the whole weekend with that gang. May I offer you a cup of tea?
                  I could do with a top up whilst you're at it, thanks.
                  sigpic

Comment

Screwdrivers? Should we be asking why you need them?
                    *coughs* Uh Bev... methinks she means the drink, not the tool....

<snippety-do-dah snippin' away...>
                    May I have your autograph?
                    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Yes, you should apologize to them
                      *waggles tongue* You're just jealous....
                      And you can take me anywhere. I am perfectly behaved.
                      Now see this is when I wish November wasn't so far away.... to see everyone in action....
                      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

LOL! I love it!
                        *dons Elvis wig & sunglasses & lifts lip in a twitchy sneer* .... thank ya... thank ya very much....
                        you are soooooo performing that at the disco y'know.
                        Guess I better start practicin' in the shower sooner rather than later?

*looks around thread* I *will* need a couple back-up singers.... know anyone?
                        Kliggs & I were pestering people online in the computer suite last time around and to be honest it wasn't too excessive on the wallet, certainy not &#163; a minute at any rate and there were a good 6 or so machines in there too. At quiet times we were also the only ones in there (although possibly that was simply due to the fact that we were in there)
                        *grins* I was kidding about the &#163; a minute thing. But it's nice to know it's there & not super-expensive. In my guidebook/treadmill reading this evening I'm up to the hotel/B&B section... found one interesting lead to check into that has wifi, kitchenette, etc. for a decent price. Figure 2 or 3 more nights & I should have the book read and be ready to surf the Net for more ideas/leads/rates...

(see.... at least I am exercising & doing my pre-GABIT research... trying to become a semi-procrastinator... And no FHB... neither the taxes nor the passport app have left my desk..... )

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                          *coughs* Uh Bev... methinks she means the drink, not the tool....
                          Ah! Round my way we don't sup these fancy drinks. A pint or a nip is more my style.

May I have your autograph?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                            Awww, how lovely SS!! Strangely I had just finished watching this movie with my daughter the other day so we've been humming this tune for several days now.
                            Thanks Kat! Though I was tempted to creatively manipulate *coughs* mangle some Mary Poppins tunes in response to FHB.... "A spoonful of sugar" (but I had visions of Rune thunking and decided ooops... not PG!) and then supercalifragilisticexpealidocious... but then to find something to rhyme with it would have been simply atrocious!
                            As far as laptops are concerned, I will definitely be bringing mine along. Give me a few screwdrivers and my laptop and I should be able to keep my mind off the plane flight for at least a few hours and hopefully I won't drive my husband completely batty during the ten hour flight.
                            My flight in likely will be an evening flight getting there in the early a.m., so I won't have to worry about that... especially if I can get myself dead tired to sleep on the way over. The flight back'll likely be daytime - but I've got plenty of books to read. (And I want to buy Sally Malcolm's Stargate books while I'm there, so maybe I'll read that instead. ) But I don't know - some of these hotels have wifi... maybe I just might take the lappie...

Comment

I could do with a top up whilst you're at it, thanks.
                              It would be my pleasure. *hands Bev a nice cup of tea*
                              sigpic

Comment

*waggles tongue* You're just jealous....
                                Now see this is when I wish November wasn't so far away.... to see everyone in action....
                                I am not jealous and I am perfectly behaved. There will be nothing to see. So there.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X