No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You see, I don't usually get worried like that. I guess I'm lucky too cos my sister lives near Heathrow. Had I missed out, I could have stayed with her.

I'm off to France on Monday, and haven't booked any accommodation. Who cares... I'll wing it when I get there.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
      I agree. And I don’t associate it with the hurricane either. Re: upcoming names & those from the recent past: http://www.fema.gov/kids/hunames3.htm

Hmmm… one version of my name could be on that upcoming list….
      Mine too!

I keep forgetting my orange.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
        Mine too!

Haha! I'm safe

Comment

I agree. And I don’t associate it with the hurricane either. Re: upcoming names & those from the recent past: http://www.fema.gov/kids/hunames3.htm

Hmmm… one version of my name could be on that upcoming list….
          Like my daughter, my mother had thought I was going to be a boy up until the day I was born. So they had only picked out a boy's name. When they asked my dad what he wanted to name me, he said Toshiko (he had been stationed in Japan for several years and I think it may have been some girl he liked there who knows). Needless to say, my mom wasn't going for that and when she turned on the news they were talking about a hurricane that hit the coast of California earlier in the week...so I was named after a hurricane. Which is probably why they tease me about it now.

Like Maggie, I hail from Texas. You wouldn't think that we woud have to fly all the way to London to meet each other living in the same state. I'm also a night owl. Unfortunately my daughter and our chocolate lab puppy are both early birds, which typically means I get about 4-5hrs of sleep every night. It really bothers my husband because I can go to bed hours after he does and still get up before he does without it affecting me. He on the other hand is a dead man walking if he hasn't had his nine hours of beauty rest each night.
          Last edited by ForeverSg1; 26 January 2006, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJeep
            I'm going from the US, too! And get this, MY middle name is procrastinator.
            AND I'm an insomniac!!

We Gateworlders certainly have a lot in common. I can't wait to meet everyone! But wait again! I may know some of you quite well by then, since I'll be going to Vancouver and Shore Leave

Judi
            Oh my goodness... We might have to be the GateWorld Quads then.... Anyone else want to make it a Quintuplet?
            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

*counts on fingers*

17 here. Though I only gave 3 letters for my GABIT badge…
              Who knows what my Gabit badge says; I let Rune tell them. Probably not my most brilliant move.
              sigpic

Comment

Are we talking about the procrastination and insomniac bit or the attending all cons bit? If the former, I can join you.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberMoon
                  Oh I'm getting all tingly again! I only have to buy the plane ticket now. Have to pay for the pets dental first, last year it cost me about $1000 to have their teeth cleaned and whatever else the vet did to them. Is it November yet?
                  Ohhhh.... just shaaaadup! *chuckles* (((AM)))

I can plan quickly when I need to... did my first trip to Oahu that way... ticket/planning/etc. done all the month before I went. But of course while that was off the North American continent, it was still 'in' the U.S.

First time traveling internationally however, so I'd really like to *get back* into the country after I've left it. (Though that would be an interesting excuse to give the boss for why I *couldn't* come back to work.... "Well... you know... I'm just stuck here in London for the next few weeks.... anything you'd like for a Christmas gift while I'm here???")
                  Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

Who knows what my Gabit badge says; I let Rune tell them. Probably not my most brilliant move.
                    *grins*

True. Didn't she say something a few pages back about Fido, Felix, or something of that nature????

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                      Not quite, honey. I'm as excited as you, I have to admit. You know... I'm half tempted to say "screw the debating championships" and come to shore leave cos I just can't wait until November to meet you all!!!
                      Are we wearing you down, Tracy? Let me tempt you just a little more...the weather is lovely in Baltimore in July and they have some really cool attractions in the area and... we'll be there!

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself
                      In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                      so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                      Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                      Hic Comitas Regit
                      Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Remember what I said about no planning for France? It's just come to bite me in the ass!!! Just received a text message from my best friend's boyfriend. Originally it was just me going to France. I do this excursion every year as stress relief. Then my best friend decided to come. Then she invited her boyfriend. Then he invited my.....not my.... a friend who they're trying to set me up with. Anyway, the boyfriend has now realised he has a wedding to go to, so needs to come back a day early, so it's going to cost £35 ($70) and because I'm the lead passenger, it's my responsibility to pay, and I doubt I'm going to see the money again.

Comment

Are we wearing you down, Tracy? Let me tempt you just a little more...the weather is lovely in Baltimore in July and they have some really cool attractions in the area and... we'll be there!

Ooooooh. Don't do this to me. I really can't afford it. Not unless one of my grandparents die or something (And no, I don't want that to happen) or I win big on the premium bonds.

Comment

Mine too!

Would that be Hurricane Oscar or Felix?

Now the Inner Harbor is very nice.... but you should warn her that there's always the possibility of us having our Dog Days of August weather (90+ degrees F with hairdo melting humidity) in July.... But then that's the beauty of Maryland - it's got a bit of everything.... an hour and half in that direction you can be at the Atlantic Ocean, an hour in the other direction, in the mountains... And an hour in the other direction visiting the sights in DC...

*sighs* Well, no matter how much I'd lurve to play night owl, it's a half hour until tomorrow here on the east coast, so I'll have to bow out for the evening...

'til we meet again.....

Comment

*grins*

True. Didn't she say something a few pages back about Fido, Felix, or something of that nature????
                              I believe it was Rover.
                              sigpic

Comment

294 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X