GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    I didn't book my room till September last year and I didn't have any issues getting a room. I wouldn't think it would fill up quickly. If I remember correctly Gabit is only selling 350 tickets and the hotel has 649 rooms so I would think unless they were having another convention that same weekend, you should be pretty safe to hold off for a little while.
    Originally posted by Kliggins
    I booked last year in late September/October, I think, for the Nov event. There was no problem.
    That makes me feel good to know. Though I really want to have some definitive plans made before mid-spring so that it’s done with and I won’t be doing last minute rushing around….. My middle name *is* Procrastinator….

No really!
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG
      (REALLY going to bed now!)
      Yeah, yeah, yeah.... We know how that is... ((((Mumsey))))

Another 5 minutes... another 5.... *laughs* I won't tell you how much cleaning/housework/other RL stuff hasn't gotten done while I insisted I was really going to peel my fingers off the keyboard.....
      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
        That makes me feel good to know. Though I really want to have some definitive plans made before mid-spring so that it’s done with and I won’t be doing last minute rushing around….. My middle name *is* Procrastinator….

No really!
        We must be twins, as it's my middle name too!
        sigpic

Comment

My middle name *is* Procrastinator….
          Originally posted by dipsofjazz
          We must be twins, as it's my middle name too!
          Mine too, but it should be my first name, Triplets?
          sigpic

Comment

Now that is kind of silly to me to ask if you were not going to use your first name; everybody's name has been or will be a hurricane name. I know mine has. I like Katrina and glad you keep using it.
            I agree. And I don’t associate it with the hurricane either. Re: upcoming names & those from the recent past: http://www.fema.gov/kids/hunames3.htm

Hmmm… one version of my name could be on that upcoming list….

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG
              Bearing in mind my age and the fact that my French experience ended with my schooling, it's more likely to be lack of knowledge than an accent that's the problem. At least I tried and gave a few folk something to smile about.

You asked for it! I'll give you the shortened version. I was born 22 days after D Day. Dad was in Belgium by the time the news of my arrival reached him. I wasn't well, and they had to baptise me fairly swiftly, and they had only decided on boys names. Mum liked a song that was popular at the time.... so I (and quite a lot of baby girls at the time) was called Sylvia. He HATED it! She also gave me Kathleen as a second name. He didn't like that either. So it got shortened to Kay and the rest is history. As a post-script to that little tale. I was 18months old before we met. Needless to say, I wasn't overly thrilled to have my cosy little life invaded by this strange man. Fortunately we grew to be very close.

Mumsey
              (taking my ancient, achey bones to bed now - Nighty-night kids)
              That's a lovely story. It's lovely when there's a story behind the name. And lovely that you get on now.

Interestingly, I was supposed to be Amanda Jane, then Caroline Amanda, but then my dad sorted the brith certificate and stuff and called me Tracy Jane, apparantly. My mum was furious, cos she loves the name Amanda. Well.... at least the Jane got in there.

And Mumsey, I see you are still online!!! Hahahaha.
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Mine too, but it should be my first name, Triplets?
                Sounds good to me!

Larry, Moe, and Curley?

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                  *sigh* I try to be good, but I've been lead astray by the bad boys and girls!
                  *doubles over into coughing fit*

*catches breath and notices glinting shiny thing on floor*

Hey Bev... missing something?

*watches as Bev eyeballs airspace above her*

Comment

Hmmmm. Hadn't thought of that. Okay, Maggie, Mags or hey you it is.

My whole name consists of 13 letters. Makes signing stuff easy.
                    *counts on fingers*

17 here. Though I only gave 3 letters for my GABIT badge…

Comment

*doubles over into coughing fit*

*catches breath and notices glinting shiny thing on floor*

Hey Bev... missing something?

*watches as Bev eyeballs airspace above her*
                      No, I don't think so............oops
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                        (raises her hand)I have a question.....how many peeps are going to GABIT2 from the states? I'm just curious.....I am.
                        I'm going from the US, too! And get this, MY middle name is procrastinator.
                        AND I'm an insomniac!!

We Gateworlders certainly have a lot in common. I can't wait to meet everyone! But wait again! I may know some of you quite well by then, since I'll be going to Vancouver and Shore Leave

Judi
                        In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                        so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                        Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                        Hic Comitas Regit
                        Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                        Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJeep
                          I'm going from the US, too! And get this, MY middle name is procrastinator.
                          AND I'm an insomniac!!

We Gateworlders certainly have a lot in common. I can't wait to meet everyone! But wait again! I may know some of you quite well by then, since I'll be going to Vancouver and Shore Leave

Judi
                          *sob* Spaz and Kat want me to go to Shore Leave, but there's no way. I have the European Debating Championships to pay for yet! So I'll miss you at that one.

Comment

Oh I'm getting all tingly again! I only have to buy the plane ticket now. Have to pay for the pets dental first, last year it cost me about $1000 to have their teeth cleaned and whatever else the vet did to them. Is it November yet?

Comment

Originally posted by AmberMoon
                              Oh I'm getting all tingly again! I only have to buy the plane ticket now. Have to pay for the pets dental first, last year it cost me about $1000 to have their teeth cleaned and whatever else the vet did to them. Is it November yet?
                              Not quite, honey. I'm as excited as you, I have to admit. You know... I'm half tempted to say "screw the debating championships" and come to shore leave cos I just can't wait until November to meet you all!!!

Comment

No really!
                                If you want to just be safe, you can always just call Marriott directly and reserve a room. That way you have one set up and don't actually have you pay till you check in. If I remember correctly you have 24-48 hrs before your actual check-in to cancel your room without any penalties. When I booked my room last year, I set it up for two days only and later changed it to four. I've always found it easier on the nerves to just book as soon as I'm interested and then I can cancel if my plans change.

Comment

Working...
                                X