No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a real pity that Skydiver can't get to Gabit. She's always been a staunch and loyal AT/Sam fan,and imo,one of the best SG fanfic writers around too.
    Maybe another year ,eh ? Unless a lotto win should come her way....
    *starts wishing*

Well,"Lois",...if I were in your place,I'd e-mail Darren at [email protected] and offer your reporting/interviewing services for Gabit.Explain that you have tickets for the whole Con,including the Cocktail Party and that you'll have good & prompt access to the net.
    The worst he can say,is "no thanks",as he may already have coverage plans afoot ,but...at best,he may say go ahead,contact the Gat4 and see if they and Amanda can offer some interview time on behalf of GW .

The way I see it is,if you don't ask (nicely !),you don't get in this world.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who gave me tourist links. They've been a great help. I think my husband is actually getting more excited about this trip than me, and to think this entire trip started because of Amanda.

So does anyone have any other lovely stories about meeting Amanda that they'd be willing to share? Perhaps some details about a past con where AT attended?

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who gave me tourist links. They've been a great help. I think my husband is actually getting more excited about this trip than me, and to think this entire trip started because of Amanda.

So does anyone have any other lovely stories about meeting Amanda that they'd be willing to share? Perhaps some details about a past con where AT attended?

Kat
        The first time I met AT was wolfSG4. It was febuary 2002. The con was held the weekend after MERIDION was shown in the UK. MS was one of the guests. So it was quite a emtional con....

AT was ill with the flue. But we were never aware of it. Apparently she nearly fainted the one time after leaving the stage. I read in a interview that a few times she nearly did'nt go on the stage. But she said the waves of love and affection she felt from the fans carried her through the Q&A's. The one time she felt so weak that she had to be supported by TOM MACBEATH (Maybourne) as she walked on. That was at the closing ceromony. MS did not appear for that. 1 rumer was that he also had the flue.

The charity auction i'll never forget. they were selling a Sam Carter ti-shirt. The bidding got to £100. One girl could not afford that, so she offered to exchange her father instead! AT asked if she could look at him! It was so funny.

At the end of one Q&A with MS someone asked "Hello young man... do you think Sam and Jack should be boyfriend, girlfriend?" MS lowered his face and laughed to himself. He answered " Hello young lady.... No I dont think j/S should be together. But Daniel is free... "

The person asking the question was AT of course. She joined him on stage and they hugged and kissed each other. it was very nice to see there friendship coming out.

The second time was not as special..... She was with CJ and MS on stage at GC2004. I cant remember as much.... CJ dominated the Q&A. Which was not a real bad thing because he defused any tensions, and made a joke of any difficult questions.

I cant wait till the con! only:

83 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
          Ah,Edinburgh...home of Scottish history,culture ,and so much more...

For info on Scottish touristy things :
          http://www.information-desk.com/
          Or here :
          http://www.travelscotland.co.uk/

For Irish tourist info ,accomm,car hire etc :

http://www.12travel.co.uk/?affid=goo...OVMTC=standard

Also:
          http://www.ireland.ie/

Hope these help.
          That mini-break for just yourself and Hubby sounds fab,imo.
          Regarding "topic-ness",if you weren't coming to Gabit,you wouldn't even be planning the trip,would you ?

Oops ,I forgot the London area sights !
          http://www.ukguide.org/london.html

*Scuttles away again to read some more S9 spoilers*
          This is a fantastic job you're doing for our non Brit attendees - well done - sorry I can't green you yet!!

Kat I'm sure you'll love either Scotland, Wales or Ireland - how long will you have over here? Can you elaborate on the type of places you would like to see? City and towns or coastline, countryside or mountains???

Comment

(((((((((Coley))))))))You're too kind. Don't worry about greening me.I'm just trying to help Kat and the others out a little .To me it's absolutely vital that we all have as fab a time as possible !

(Anyway,if I ever manage to go see my Brother and his family in Wisconsin,or just get to the US or Canada for a holiday,I'll be the one asking for a little help ! )

ETA : Thanks for sharing the Wolf Con memories with us,Mal.
            I think we'll all have some more really great Amanda moments to bring away and treasure.
            (To say nothing about our own antics,lol !)
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 07 August 2005, 11:38 AM. Reason: replying to Mal.

Comment

I think we'll all have some more really great Amanda moments to bring away and treasure.
              (To say nothing about our own antics,lol !)
              Antics; speak for yourself; I plan to act like a perfect lady.
              sigpic

Comment

Of course you'll be a perfect lady,my dear Kliggins.
                (Not for long though,once Bev and I ply you with the choccy... )

Comment

Of course you'll be a perfect lady,my dear Kliggins.
                  (Not for long though,once Bev and I ply you with the choccy... )
                  That is so dirty pool!!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                    That is so dirty pool!!!!
                    So you think that bribing you off the straight and prim path ,so that you can participate fully in the fun and frivolity at Gabit,is a little sneaky and unfair on my part ?
                    (If "dirty pool" means what I thought it did,anyway ! )

Comment

So you think that bribing you off the straight and prim path ,so that you can participate fully in the fun and frivolity at Gabit,is a little sneaky and unfair on my part ?
                      (If "dirty pool" means what I thought it did,anyway ! )
                      Exactly! Dirty pool away. Did I mention my suitcase will probably be half empty? How big is your car?
                      sigpic

Comment

So,your case'll be half-empty...we have an estate car.Volvo something or other actually.
                        *Does the math*
                        Would you like us to pack several crates of the much-craved MB's ,Kligs ?
                        Or at least enough to overload your return trip baggage limit ?

Comment

So,your case'll be half-empty...we have an estate car.Volvo something or other actually.
                          *Does the math*
                          Would you like us to pack several crates of the much-craved MB's ,Kligs ?
                          Or at least enough to overload your return trip baggage limit ?
                          That would be lovely, thank you. I think one crate would be enough. We want to leave enough room for hubs. I do want to do my part in contributing to England's economy while I am there.

On another note, have decided to wait and buy pictures of Amanda there for autographing since it sounds like there will be a fantastic selection.
                          sigpic

Comment

That would be lovely, thank you. I think one crate would be enough.
                            *adds one crate of Mars Bars to the Gabit packing list*
                            We want to leave enough room for hubs.
                            My Hubs will need room to drive ,I'd forgotten that.Also,unless I plan to sit on the roof,best I don't fill the front seats ....but there'll be loads of room in back !
                            I do want to do my part in contributing to England's economy while I am there.
                            I've no doubt you'll do your bit...as far as I'm aware there won't be many shoe shops near the Con though.
                            On another note, have decided to wait and buy pictures of Amanda there for autographing since it sounds like there will be a fantastic selection.
                            I plan to do the same,actually. According to the Gabit events Yahoo list,they appear to have some very nice photos of Amanda planned for sale.I want to support the event as much as possible,so it makes sense to wait and see these (hopefully new) piccies.

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
                              Temporary GW Get Together at Gabit List until FHB comes in to take over tomorrow:
                              F.H.Bagpuss
                              Dipsofjazz
                              Kliggins
                              ForeverSG1 (with hubs approval)
                              mal (maybe)

GateGipsy is home from Canada. I've asked her IF she will be attending the con. Shes busy, so I dont know when she'll get to read the PM.

Great idea for the get together guys. Sounds great. I've put a maybe next to my name because I dont know if i'll be busy.

86 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!
                              I am going to be in London during that week but I can't afford the fees to go to Gabit. Are you guys planning to meet outside of Gabit? If so, please include me.

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                                I am going to be in London during that week but I can't afford the fees to go to Gabit. Are you guys planning to meet outside of Gabit? If so, please include me.
                                I'm not sure.....we'll let you know I promise! Shame you cant make the con

82 DAYS TO GO!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X