No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tada, we have place and a time for our chocolate swap.

Saturday, from 1 pm and we will be meeting in the bar area.

Click the image to make it bigger.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
      Tada, we have place and a time for our chocolate swap.
      Saturday, from 1 pm and we will be meeting in the bar area.
      Click the image to make it bigger.
      I'm afraid I didn't not bring any chocolates with me from Aus. AT9 will herald the end of our European holiday so carting chocolates around was not an option.
      Hope everyone who goes to the swap, has a superlicious time
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
        I'm afraid I didn't not bring any chocolates with me from Aus. AT9 will herald the end of our European holiday so carting chocolates around was not an option.
        Hope everyone who goes to the swap, has a superlicious time
        You do realize that it can be any chocolate. If you really want to go, just pop over to a store and buy some English chocolate and use that.
        sigpic

Comment

Haven't posted here in ages due to life stuff. Glad to here of those going. Will miss you llp! Hopefully there will be an AT10 or maybe you get to the next Gatecon

Safe journey to all

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            Haven't posted here in ages due to life stuff. Glad to here of those going. Will miss you llp! Hopefully there will be an AT10 or maybe you get to the next Gatecon

Safe journey to all
            I'll also miss being there but a prior commitment prevents me going over that weekend. Sadly the other weekend was perfect for everyone but Amanda! And as you said - I really hope for an AT10!
            sigpic

Comment

Crossing fingers for AT10

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
                You and me both!
                sigpic

Comment

Hope the folks enjoying spending time with Amanda at AT9 have a wonderful time post lots and lots of pictures.
                  No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                  It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

You can uncross your fingers - Julia announced on Facebook (and at AT9) that there will be one more AT event in the spring of 2018 - so in about 16 months. I know it is a long time, but at least there is one more event.

Jumble - that means you might go to that one? Hoping so. Especially since it might well be my last time I will go to the UK since it is becoming more difficult these days.

NOTE: (This came as a reply to a comment on Facebook):

From Julia Hague: Amanda and I have discussed at length our future and it has been decided (and she announced today at AT9) that there WILL be an AT10 in the Spring of 2018.

AT10 will be a huge celebration of our, by then, 13 years of solo events with her, and across three
                    (3) days instead of two and will be for a few more people, but in keeping with our ethos of time with Amanda, no stress and fun!

It will be the last AT format event (i.e. Only her) before we move on in future years to doing events with her fundraising for S4K with probably her bringing a guest or two along with her for the weekend.

No further details right now but I hope this clarifies things. Something to really look forward to!

sigpic

Comment

Woohoo!

Comment

AT events will continue - there may be a wee change but rest assured, GABIT will continue to bring us the best of the best with Amanda.
                        AT9 was spectacular. Over £37,000 was raised this weekend. And over 160 friendship bracelets were made for the children at NOH.
                        Niki and I are gathering our thoughts here at the Ren before we fly home tonight so once I am home and settled - which may be at least a week - I will do my best to post some pictures and anything I can recall about the weekend.
                        At the moment, it's all a blur.

I would just like to send out huge hugs to all the gabiteers - I found a happy place once again.
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Someone posted a nasty(putting it mildly)rant about AT9 and Gabit events on Facebook. Julia took it down before many could read it. She posted a rebuttal to the rant, and I was glad I didn't see the original posting.

Comment

Someone posted a nasty(putting it mildly)rant about AT9 and Gabit events on Facebook. Julia took it down before many could read it. She posted a rebuttal to the rant, and I was glad I didn't see the original posting.

Yeah, it really upset Julia. However, the Gabit troops have made up for it with their encouragements and good thoughts. I think I know who did it and if it is who I think - she left very angry and has done this before.
                            sigpic

Comment

AT9 was amazing. So annoyed with myself for not attending any events before now, and only finding out about Gabit this year. I have been living in my own bubble and didn't realise (stupidly) there was anyone else as mad about Stargate and AT as I am. I CANNOT WAIT FOR AT10!!

I attended alone but made new friends. I'm actually going to see Betroffenheit in London (Jonathan Young's play) in April with one of my new friends. SUPER EXCITED.

Anyhoo, here's one of the photo's I took. You're welcome to download it (It's a lowres jpeg for internet, not the original RAW) but please don't crop my name off to use for avi's etc.

at_zpsyjx4iydb.jpg

Comment

Crossing fingers for a tease announcement for ticket sales for AT10. Already have flight booked for Shore Leave in July 2017.

Comment

Working...
                                X