GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
    Honestly, why would I initiate something that I cannot follow up on?

You suggest that I let someone else do the work. That's not how I roll.
    Also, why move from this well established thread to FB? I absolutely despise FB and actions like that just support them.

If you are happy with FB, good for you, but don't expect me to use it.
    One, I never suggest that you use FB at all. I don't tell people they need to so such things. Plus, I suggested that to find someone on this site that uses it. So don't get annoyed because you read it wrong. Further, I suggested that someone put out a notice. Not exactly a difficult thing to do. One or two of these would have done the trick along with maybe a reminder notice in October. If that was TOO MUCH of a burden to ask someone to do then fine. I won't be going this time so I really don't even care, I was only trying to be nice and hopefully helpful. So, don't attack me for only making a suggestion. I didn't realize that me trying to be nice was such a burden for you and I am sorry I even bothered you. I'll know better then to offer you any help next time.
    sigpic

Comment

Please don't fight! I come here fairly often, so it does get through to the G4 .

Fresh Horse - are you on the GABIT forums? That's another place that folk go to arrange these things. http://www.gabitevents.com/forums/

In the mean time I'll get on to Julia and see what she has in mind.

Kay
      Last edited by SWMBOTGSG; 27 July 2016, 03:35 PM.
      For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
        Please don't fight! I come here fairly often, so it does get through to the G4 .

Fresh Horse - are you on the GABIT forums? That's another place that folk go to arrange these things. http://www.gabitevents.com/forums/

Kay
        Thanks Mumsey - no more fights I promise! Thank you for your help and suggestions. And I hope you are feeling better.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
          They used to meet at a designated time/location and then throw their chocolate on a table and everyone would try stuff they didn't know.
          Ah, sounds interesting! I could contribute with some Danish specialities

Originally posted by llp View Post
          If you are really interested in doing this, post something in the FB area of Gabit. See who is interested. You can always find an area in the lobby where you can get together. We have done it in the bar area and that works fine as long as someone orders some cokes or something. See who might be willing to bring something and then set up a time and place to do it. But to be right about it you should ask the Gabit people first! After all it is their event. But I'm sure they won't mind as long as it isn't during one of the sessions.
          It sounds like the Gabit people are okay with this, now we just need to organise it!

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post

Kay
            I am one of the few people who regularly post on the Gabit forum. It's pretty dead right now, except for the off topic forum. I am thinking that this may change closer to the event.

I emailed Julia, she asked me to talk to Becky about getting a corner for us to have the swap in.

Cheers,

Nicky.

Comment

Light dawns. Didn't know who Fresh Horse was... Spoke to Becky tonight and she says to go ahead and organise it, and we will find a place for it at the event. A lot depends on how many are involved.

Mumsey

Comment

Event shirts and hoodies.

The Gabit shop is now open for pre-orders of the AT9 exclusive event t-shirts, polos and hoodies. Orders must be placed by 2nd Sept. Pick them up at the event. No orders will be accepted after this date.

http://gabitevents.com/cart/

You know things are getting closer when the event shirts go on sale!

Kay G4

Comment

Annette made a poster for the chocolate swap.
                  Let us know if you want to come.

Click to make it bigger.

Comment

I finally will be able to make it to AT9--anyone need a roommate? It's rather late but just in case.... I will check back here or send me a FB message--I'm on there more than here.

Donamac

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
                      I finally will be able to make it to AT9--
                      Donamac
                      That is good news. I'm happy you can make it.

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
                        I finally will be able to make it to AT9--anyone need a roommate? It's rather late but just in case.... I will check back here or send me a FB message--I'm on there more than here.

Donamac
                        Glad to hear you can make it

Comment

I am so glad you'll be there donamac - looking forward to seeing you again.
                          llp - am still bummed you won't be there. You will be missed.

66 days to go!!!
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                            I am so glad you'll be there donamac - looking forward to seeing you again.
                            llp - am still bummed you won't be there. You will be missed.

66 days to go!!!

Thanks - somehow I think you will be able to have a blast even with me not being there!
                            Have a few beers at the pub and enjoy!
                            Last edited by llp; 24 August 2016, 07:53 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                              Thanks - somehow I think you will be able to have a blast even with me not being there!
                              Have a few beers at the pub and enjoy!
                              That may be the case but me thinks it would that extra bit special if you were there.

Only 35 days til AT9...Niki and I depart in 6 days.
                              We cannot wait to see everyone.
                              Travel safe all you Gabiteers.
                              To those not able to make it, I will post on FB and when I get home, I'll pop back here to put a couple of pics up. xxx
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                                That may be the case but me thinks it would that extra bit special if you were there.

Only 35 days til AT9...Niki and I depart in 6 days.
                                We cannot wait to see everyone.
                                Travel safe all you Gabiteers.
                                To those not able to make it, I will post on FB and when I get home, I'll pop back here to put a couple of pics up. xxx

Have a blast - enjoy!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X