No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim has dealt with the problem. Hopefully it won't happen again.
    For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Mumsey. I've made some adjustments to my Gabit forum ID.

Comment

I have had no problems with this page but my FB page wouldn't list anyone's name yesterday. What they wrote yes, but not who said what to whom???? Ok today so go figure.
        sigpic

Comment

Hey guys, I was reminded by a tweet this morning that we haven't talked about a chocolate swap at AT9 yet.

Is anyone up for it?
          Can you bring Tim Tams and Reeses Minis?

I need to check with Julia if we can get a corner somewhere for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
            Hey guys, I was reminded by a tweet this morning that we haven't talked about a chocolate swap at AT9 yet.

Is anyone up for it?
            Can you bring Tim Tams and Reeses Minis?

I need to check with Julia if we can get a corner somewhere for this.

At AT8 they didn't even have a chocolate exchange - no one suggested it.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
              At AT8 they didn't even have a chocolate exchange - no one suggested it.
              I was wondering about that and thought I had simply missed it

Comment

I was wondering about that and thought I had simply missed it
                No - I think they started having so much chocolate they couldn't get rid of it all. People would drop it off but not really participate. And no one seemed to even suggest it last time.
                sigpic

Comment

No - I think they started having so much chocolate they couldn't get rid of it all. People would drop it off but not really participate. And no one seemed to even suggest it last time.
                  How does it work? (I'd very much like to taste the famous Tim Tams and haven't participated in an exchange before).

Comment

I'm afraid I won't be brining any Tim Tams this time...simply because I am starting my journey in Italy so I don't fancy carting them around the world with me.
                    Sorry
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Fans who would like to come for Saturday only of #AT9 we have today released a limited quantity of day tickets. Please go to www.gabitevents.co.uk for details and to book.
                      For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Yeah, I know there were events where there was lots of chocolate left.

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                        How does it work? (I'd very much like to taste the famous Tim Tams and haven't participated in an exchange before).
                        They used to meet at a designated time/location and then throw their chocolate on a table and everyone would try stuff they didn't know.

@Chelle: no probs. Maybe we can find someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                          If you are really interested in doing this, post something in the FB area of Gabit. See who is interested. You can always find an area in the lobby where you can get together. We have done it in the bar area and that works fine as long as someone orders some cokes or something. See who might be willing to bring something and then set up a time and place to do it. But to be right about it you should ask the Gabit people first! After all it is their event. But I'm sure they won't mind as long as it isn't during one of the sessions.
                          sigpic

Comment

If you are really interested in doing this, post something in the FB area of Gabit. See who is interested. You can always find an area in the lobby where you can get together. We have done it in the bar area and that works fine as long as someone orders some cokes or something. See who might be willing to bring something and then set up a time and place to do it. But to be right about it you should ask the Gabit people first! After all it is their event. But I'm sure they won't mind as long as it isn't during one of the sessions.
                            I emailed Julia and she said we could have a corner somewhere but since I am not on FB that squashes that idea.
                            tudelu

Comment

I emailed Julia and she said we could have a corner somewhere but since I am not on FB that squashes that idea.
                              tudelu
                              No is doesn't... get someone on this site who also uses FB and also that they are going to AT9 and ask them to post for you. It really isn't that hard. Just have them ask who is interested then once you have some people write back to Julia and ask her what would be a viable time to use. Then have you volunteer post the time and place. Then send out a reminder the weekend before the event. Easy peasy!
                              sigpic

Comment

No is doesn't... get someone on this site who also uses FB and also that they are going to AT9 and ask them to post for you. It really isn't that hard. Just have them ask who is interested then once you have some people write back to Julia and ask her what would be a viable time to use. Then have you volunteer post the time and place. Then send out a reminder the weekend before the event. Easy peasy!
                                Honestly, why would I initiate something that I cannot follow up on?

You suggest that I let someone else do the work. That's not how I roll.
                                Also, why move from this well established thread to FB? I absolutely despise FB and actions like that just support them.

If you are happy with FB, good for you, but don't expect me to use it.
                                Last edited by Fresh_Horse; 26 July 2016, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X