No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is OT but are you going to Gatecon Donamac?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I am!! I can't wait--are you? It would be so good to see you--it has been a difficult year or two and I missed everything last year. Much better now. I haven't made definite plans yet but Bev signed me up. I'm D14 which I think is a pretty good place--there are four of us together. I signed up for the Seafarers Luncheon and the Harbor Cruise.

I'll send you a private message with my email address and phone.

Donamac in a better place this year--fingers crossed

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
        I am!! I can't wait--are you? It would be so good to see you--it has been a difficult year or two and I missed everything last year. Much better now. I haven't made definite plans yet but Bev signed me up. I'm D14 which I think is a pretty good place--there are four of us together. I signed up for the Seafarers Luncheon and the Harbor Cruise.

I'll send you a private message with my email address and phone.

Donamac in a better place this year--fingers crossed
        Awesome Dona. Will be great to see you twice! Will check my messages.

Comment

I assume everyone got the e-mail about the change in date for AT9. Actually works better for me. Very very sorry though for anyone who can't make it because of the change.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            I assume everyone got the e-mail about the change in date for AT9. Actually works better for me. Very very sorry though for anyone who can't make it because of the change.
            Right now I am just glad that I haven't booked my Patagonia trip yet. I've been looking at different offers but haven't made up my mind yet and definitely want to do it right after AT9.

Changing flights seems to be the biggest problem. Apparently airlines overcharge on the changes.

Comment

I was updating the conventions page on my wordpress blog and noticed AT5 was missing so I've re-added it. I so wish I could attend AT9....maybe AT10.

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
                I was updating the conventions page on my wordpress blog and noticed AT5 was missing so I've re-added it. I so wish I could attend AT9....maybe AT10.
                I also won't be able to attend AT9 since they changed the dates on me. However, I would love to attend AT10 - I'm just not sure there will be anymore events. They aren't selling as many tickets this time and if they lose money, they can't afford to pay for this event out of their own pockets. So here's hoping the AT9 con goes really well.... I really want at least one more con!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                  I also won't be able to attend AT9 since they changed the dates on me. However, I would love to attend AT10 - I'm just not sure there will be anymore events. They aren't selling as many tickets this time and if they lose money, they can't afford to pay for this event out of their own pockets. So here's hoping the AT9 con goes really well.... I really want at least one more con!
                  I've moved my blog to Blogger. I hear you about another AT event. Traveling to the UK or to Canada is a problem for me.

Comment

I hope AT9 is not the last. Maybe a bigger gap between events is needed as times are so much tougher for everyone trying to find the funds to attend.
                    If there was at least 2 years between events, I'd likely attend.
                    Daughter and I haven't yet purchased our plane tickets...just as well with the date change.
                    We've got to find something to do and somewhere to stay for that extra week.
                    Niki is excited - I just chillin and taking each day as it comes.
                    Cannot wait to see everyone. <3<3
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Me too Chelle--I just hope my health improves--right now I'd have a hard time traveling. Beginning to feel my age I'm afraid. I haven't bought plane tickets yet either. Keeping my fingers crossed.
                      Dona

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
                        Me too Chelle--I just hope my health improves--right now I'd have a hard time traveling. Beginning to feel my age I'm afraid. I haven't bought plane tickets yet either. Keeping my fingers crossed.
                        Dona
                        Sadly the date change made if hard for me to go. So I had to cancel and they sent me a refund. If circumstances change - I can always buy the ticket back. Won't get to go to the cocktail party but if I can go - I don't care. Plus I won't get a discount on the room, however I can always hope things will change so I can go.
                        sigpic

Comment

Dona and llp - I wish you both good health and love. I'll be so sad if either of you can't make it. So I'll keep my fingers crossed that when I arrive at the Ren, I'll see you both there xxx
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                            Dona and llp - I wish you both good health and love. I'll be so sad if either of you can't make it. So I'll keep my fingers crossed that when I arrive at the Ren, I'll see you both there xxx
                            I have been trying to change the date of the "event" I'm going to but so far no luck. Hoping I can have them move it forward a few weeks or even back a week would work! Time will tell I guess. So now, I can only hope and pray this won't be the last GABIT event because I would hate to miss them forever!
                            sigpic

Comment

*heads up*

Earlier today, I received an email from Tim Jacobs via GabitEvents notifying me of a private message from someone I didn't recognize and in Russian. I checked my private messages, but there were no messages. I looked for the particular named given, but no Gabit member listed by that name. Also checked junk/spam email folder because emails from outside the US usually get sent to junk/spam folder.

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
                                *heads up*

Earlier today, I received an email from Tim Jacobs via GabitEvents notifying me of a private message from someone I didn't recognize and in Russian. I checked my private messages, but there were no messages. I looked for the particular named given, but no Gabit member listed by that name. Also checked junk/spam email folder because emails from outside the US usually get sent to junk/spam folder.
                                If it was indeed a message from the forum software - which always has Tim as the sender - it could very well be that there's been another spammer on the forum.
                                They've had problems with them lately and Tim has put some measures in place that should prevent them from spamming. He also cleans up regularly.

Comment

Working...
                                X