GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Julia (G4)

Just a reminder since I've answered the same question on Twitter. Registration is on 5th December. Payment for tickets is to be made from 5th January to 5th February which is the deadline. In other words you have two months to save. We tried to give as much time as possible as Christmas is so close. Hope this clarifies.

Kay,G4
    For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by swmbotgsg View Post
      looking forward to seeing you there, and thanks for your loyalty. It is much appreciated.

Hugz

mumsey
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
        i missed AT8 and will not be able to be at AT9. my traveling days are over. need to be here taking care of mom. can't leave her alone. i'll be there in spirit tho.
        We miss you but know you are with us in spirit!

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
        AT9 is marked in my calendar. Right now I am wondering if I can arrange another trip to South Africa around it.

I have to check my collection to see what I could donate to the auction. Thinking one of Carter's green BDU pants would be cool?

We were tweeting on the weekend about favourite Gabit moments and it was hilarious. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time (probably since AT8).
        People remembered stuff that I had forgot, the photos that we shared brought back great memories.
        Made me look through some of my photo folders which brought back even more memories.

Bring on AT9
        I am not a costume person (although the leather jacket has been very nice while riding my scooter) but I'm sure the BDU pants would be a big hit.

Originally posted by llp View Post
        I wish that the RDA event was scheduled for several months earlier. Going to both so close together has become an impossibility for me. So having to choose between the two events - and in spite of what some people are guessing, I pick AT9. It's quite simple - my loyalties are to Amanda and more specifically the S4K and Hearing Dogs for the Deaf charities.

However, I have decided to try and drive up and stay overnight for one evening in Vancouver. I would like to spend some time with some people I don't get much of a chance to see or if you aren't making it to AT9. I will attempt to book a room at the Sheraton, but if not, I will be close by and I'll be driving up there to visit so I'll have my car. I will put out more info as we get closer to the date.
        Good on you!

I totally understand your loyalty as I feel the same way. I had decided that regardless of what happens with my situation, I will be at AT9. It might just be a short trip but I will be there. It is the charities, of course, but I could just contribute from here. It is also the Gabit folk and the tremendous love and respect I have for them, their hard work, and all they have done for those organizations and for all of us in helping us find one another and become friends. I really hope that Gatecon won't negatively affect AT9. I did buy a ticket to Gatecon because that one can be done cheaply for me, especially since any auction money will be saved for AT9. Just think, a little over a year! Can't wait!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Sharon I will be attending both, any excuse to get back to Vanciuver, but Gabit was my first ever con and love, will always support and attend them
          sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

Thank you ladies. Your support is much appreciated.

Hugz

Mumsey

Comment

Like I said before, I will drive up one afternoon and go out to dinner with whomever wants to go out. Next day I will wonder around Vancouver a little and then head home. And NO Claire, I will not be stopping at Tulalip for a bit of slots on my way home!

Maybe over to IHOP for dinner - my UK friends really love that place!
              sigpic

Comment

I'll be going to both also. Couldn't miss out on one of Mumsey's hugs

Comment

Originally posted by starsong101 View Post
                  Awwww, shucks!

Comment

Originally posted by starsong101 View Post
                    Me too!!! I felt so bad missing AT8--feeling good now--hope it lasts. I'm close enough to Van I will drive there--no plane fare!! But I'll be first in line for AT9!!!! At my age keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Comment

Only 10 day until AT9 tickets go on sale!
                      sigpic

Comment

Kind of miss the old days here where by now major panic had set in about whether people were going to get a ticket or not!

Still panic probably just not much activity here anymore. A friend is ordering my ticket and I, in turn, am ordering for a friend. My panic is not about my ticket but about hers! don't want to screw it up. Good luck to all those getting tickets tomorrow! Let's make it a sellout!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                          Kind of miss the old days here where by now major panic had set in about whether people were going to get a ticket or not!

Still panic probably just not much activity here anymore. A friend is ordering my ticket and I, in turn, am ordering for a friend. My panic is not about my ticket but about hers! don't want to screw it up. Good luck to all those getting tickets tomorrow! Let's make it a sellout!
                          All I have to do is be awake by 11:30 tomorrow morning - don't think that will be a problem. Ready to order my ticket!
                          sigpic

Comment

All I have to do is be awake before 6.30am tomorrow morning and hope my computer doesn't have a meltdown - I rarely use the old girl now. The other day it took five attempts to get her to stay on. I'm not sure if I can use my iPad to register.
                            But will try either way. Daughter and I checked out flights today - I think we found what we need. Now to get over the Christmas crazies then I can pay for the Gabit tickets and then the flights - only got a few months to do that. ZOIKS!!!!
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Some of the senior stewards did test runs of the registration site and one of us was on an iPad. Didn't encounter any problems.

If your PC doesn't work, try the iPad.

Good luck everyone.

Comment

Good to hear. Thank you. I'll try the iPad first as I'm likely to be half asleep or in bed when I need to register. I'm not a morning person. Besides, it's currently 143am and I need to be online before 630. Whoops.
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X