• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to meeting her.

Mumsey
    For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
      Thanks Sharon - I am hoping also. I got bronchitis and then a relapse (twice). Decided I had to just do NOTHING for as long as it took. And I am now just starting to do well. Still coughing but no where near what it was like before. Have a doctors appt next week and hoping for the all clear. Meanwhile, I stare at the walls, out the windows and at night - the TV! (and some computer time as well) Oh and once a week I drag myself to the grocery store. Not a very exciting life but necessary if I want to get well. Haven't had a bad case like this since I was a kid - and then I had my Mommy to make me better!

However - I am healing!
      I haven't been on here in ages!!! Sorry to hear of your illness--hope you are nearly through it for sure and about time!!! I hate bronchitis as it does seem to take forever to get over the darn cough. I've also been unwell--after months of pain of sciatica which kept me from going to AT8. I finally had surgery for a cyst in my spine and after weeks of recovery and PT I'm feeling pretty good--doing exercises daily still and will, hopefully, be able to get to AT9. Hoping we both will!! Now I'm trying to catch up with everyone--mostly on Facebook. And looking forward to October 2016!!!

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
        I haven't been on here in ages!!! Sorry to hear of your illness--hope you are nearly through it for sure and about time!!! I hate bronchitis as it does seem to take forever to get over the darn cough. I've also been unwell--after months of pain of sciatica which kept me from going to AT8. I finally had surgery for a cyst in my spine and after weeks of recovery and PT I'm feeling pretty good--doing exercises daily still and will, hopefully, be able to get to AT9. Hoping we both will!! Now I'm trying to catch up with everyone--mostly on Facebook. And looking forward to October 2016!!!
        Getting old is really a "pita" sometimes isn't it! Remember, I still have a signed picture for you. Hoping when Chelle comes to town we will all get together and I can give it to you then. I do have a doctor's appt on Friday and hoping to finally be told I can go out and have some fun. Or just go out!
        Until then!
        sigpic

Comment

It is now August 28 in my time zone so,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA!!!
          No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
            Wot.....you mean we aren't a top priority? I'm crushed

Hugs and best wishes to you Sharon!
            You are one of my top priorities. Hope all is well with you Jan. *Hugs*

Thanks Sharon - I am hoping also. I got bronchitis and then a relapse (twice). Decided I had to just do NOTHING for as long as it took. And I am now just starting to do well. Still coughing but no where near what it was like before. Have a doctors appt next week and hoping for the all clear. Meanwhile, I stare at the walls, out the windows and at night - the TV! (and some computer time as well) Oh and once a week I drag myself to the grocery store. Not a very exciting life but necessary if I want to get well. Haven't had a bad case like this since I was a kid - and then I had my Mommy to make me better!

However - I am healing!
            Hope you are healed now.

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
            Yay!! I have notified daughter - she has to organise her placements for next year and she's coming with!! I'm so exited - it's going to be so much fun having Niki with me. You're all gonna love her!!
            Lovely Chelle. Always nice to see mothers and daughters together at Gabit events.

Originally posted by donamac View Post
            Good to hear Dona. Fingers crossed for you and AT9.

Happy Birthday to Amanda!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
              Hope you are healed now.
              Happy Birthday to Amanda!

Thanks! Doing better but sadly at my age when one thing heals, another goes bad. And in this case two things have. So .....this one may keep me from traveling far distances anymore, but I'm hoping it can be improved before AT9. However I am somewhat of a realist and AT8 may have been the last con I'll ever go to again!
              (I knew there were issues when one gets older - I just never knew how many and how big!)
              sigpic

Comment

[/CENTER]

Thanks! Doing better but sadly at my age when one thing heals, another goes bad. And in this case two things have. So .....this one may keep me from traveling far distances anymore, but I'm hoping it can be improved before AT9. However I am somewhat of a realist and AT8 may have been the last con I'll ever go to again!
                (I knew there were issues when one gets older - I just never knew how many and how big!)
                So very sorry to hear that. Sending you massive healing hugs. My situation is still up in the air over AT9 but for you not to go would be very sad. You are an institution at AT events! Hope things work out OK.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  So very sorry to hear that. Sending you massive healing hugs. My situation is still up in the air over AT9 but for you not to go would be very sad. You are an institution at AT events! Hope things work out OK.
                  An institution! OY! Not sure I like that thought - too much like saying I will be institutionalized! Now I have this strange vision of being locked away and they throw the key away. This is getting weird!
                  sigpic

Comment

If anyone is interested in being a part of next year Amanda's bday vid:

Spoiler:
                    Since I start planning a year in advance , these are the details for next year Amanda's bday vid.
                    sigpic
                    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

i missed AT8 and will not be able to be at AT9. my traveling days are over. need to be here taking care of mom. can't leave her alone. i'll be there in spirit tho.

Comment

Tweet from Amanda to clarify her attendance at Gatecon.

amandatapping
                        @amandatapping

I'm happy to be able to pop by @GateconE and support @andersonrdean! I won't be there for the whole weekend. Just a wee visit. There will also be a @sanctuary4kids booth there. Xo

Mumsey

Comment

AT9 is marked in my calendar. Right now I am wondering if I can arrange another trip to South Africa around it.

I have to check my collection to see what I could donate to the auction. Thinking one of Carter's green BDU pants would be cool?

We were tweeting on the weekend about favourite Gabit moments and it was hilarious. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time (probably since AT8).
                          People remembered stuff that I had forgot, the photos that we shared brought back great memories.
                          Made me look through some of my photo folders which brought back even more memories.

Bring on AT9
                          Last edited by Fresh_Horse; 29 September 2015, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing everyone at AT9, to make a whole new bunch of memories to savour.

Huggles my www kids.

Mumsey

Comment

I wish that the RDA event was scheduled for several months earlier. Going to both so close together has become an impossibility for me. So having to choose between the two events - and in spite of what some people are guessing, I pick AT9. It's quite simple - my loyalties are to Amanda and more specifically the S4K and Hearing Dogs for the Deaf charities.

However, I have decided to try and drive up and stay overnight for one evening in Vancouver. I would like to spend some time with some people I don't get much of a chance to see or if you aren't making it to AT9. I will attempt to book a room at the Sheraton, but if not, I will be close by and I'll be driving up there to visit so I'll have my car. I will put out more info as we get closer to the date.
                              Last edited by llp; 30 September 2015, 02:20 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

I wish that the RDA event was scheduled for several months earlier. Going to both so close together has become an impossibility for me. So having to choose between the two events - and in spite of what some people are guessing, I pick AT9. It's quite simple - my loyalties are to Amanda and more specifically the S4K and Hearing Dogs for the Deaf charities.

However, I have decided to try and drive up and stay overnight for one evening in Vancouver. I would like to spend some time with some people I don't get much of a chance to see or if you aren't making it to AT9. I will attempt to book a room at the Sheraton, but if not, I will be close by and I'll be driving up there to visit so I'll have my car. I will put out more info as we get closer to the date.
                                Looking forward to seeing you there, and thanks for your loyalty. It is much appreciated.

Hugz

Mumsey

Comment

Working...
                                X