GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
    *sigh* I try to be good, but I've been lead astray by the bad boys and girls!
    D'oh! Tell us something we don't know.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
      D'oh! Tell us something we don't know.
      Telling us something we don't know is hard cos we know so much.

Telling you something you don't know if much easier Kliggy, shall we start with the ABC?

And BTW how are those mutton chops coming along?

Comment

*sigh* I try to be good, but I've been lead astray by the bad boys and girls!
        Oh please, lead astray indeed, you were right there leading the parade like a regular Pied Piper (except you were bouncing along like HSG)

Comment

Originally posted by sofie
          I probably met a few of you last year at Gabit, but I'm really bad with names. Just wanne say that it was amazing last year and I bet it will be even more amazing this year!!
          So all of you who are going to Gabit for the first time be ready cause it will be the best weekend EVER
          Thanks, Sofie. I'm sure it'll be great. I'm very excited. Sorry if not many people reply, but this thread has kinda evolved into the Rune, Kliggs and Bev show. The rest of us are just honoured spectators.

Speaking of which, guys... I did suggest to the G4 that Kliggs be the honoured guest, doing the Q & A sessions.
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Just FYI...for those making reservations from US/Canada, the phone number to use is 1-888-236-2427. The 1-800 phone number listed on the message board at GABIT Events is incorrect...it invites you to some "exciting live talk" that sounds really hinky if you get my drift.

BTW, the sexy-voiced gentleman I talked to couldn't find the room rate for GABIT so he asked if I knew someone else who had already booked a room at the double occupancy rate. Well it's a good thing I know ForeverSG1 by her real name cause I would have been SOL. Well anyhoo, if anyone runs into the same problem, you can use my name (Marguerite Provencher) to have them verify the rate.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberMoon
              Just FYI...for those making reservations from US/Canada, the phone number to use is 1-888-236-2427. The 1-800 phone number listed on the message board at GABIT Events is incorrect...it invites you to some "exciting live talk" that sounds really hinky if you get my drift.

BTW, the sexy-voiced gentleman I talked to couldn't find the room rate for GABIT so he asked if I knew someone else who had already booked a room at the double occupancy rate. Well it's a good thing I know ForeverSG1 by her real name cause I would have been SOL. Well anyhoo, if anyone runs into the same problem, you can use my name (Marguerite Provencher) to have them verify the rate.
              Ack, well that is rather frightening that they gave you a rate based on my name, because I didn't actually book my room using the Gabit code. I couldn't find a toll free number and was unwilling to call direct (as my last international call to Australia cost me $30 for an 8min call ), so I just reserved my room via the Marriott toll free number. I figure I can always call and change it later to get the Gabit rate.

I wonder if the hotel was able to pull me up based on last years code?

Comment

Ambermoon (forgot to tick the quote box in QR) Thank you!!! Very happy now...room sorted! You're an angel. Good job you did it... I would have been absolutely lost!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  Ack, well that is rather frightening that they gave you a rate based on my name, because I didn't actually book my room using the Gabit code. I couldn't find a toll free number and was unwilling to call direct (as my last international call to Australia cost me $30 for an 8min call ), so I just reserved my room via the Marriott toll free number. I figure I can always call and change it later to get the Gabit rate.

I wonder if the hotel was able to pull me up based on last years code?
                  I couldn't use the code either. I did notice on the Marriott site though that the room rate changed to 70 GB on 17 Nov but don't know if it's tied to the convention or not. It is weird but I'll take it!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                    Ambermoon (forgot to tick the quote box in QR) Thank you!!! Very happy now...room sorted! You're an angel. Good job you did it... I would have been absolutely lost!
                    Not a problem Tracy. I'll be getting in on the 16th so I'll be all rested up for the event. And my departure date is the 20th but I just might change that so I can do some sight-seeing. Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else. Oh, getting all tingly again!

Comment

Not a problem Tracy. I'll be getting in on the 16th so I'll be all rested up for the event. And my departure date is the 20th but I just might change that so I can do some sight-seeing. Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else. Oh, getting all tingly again!
                      Well.... I don't know how long I will be able to stay. I'll be teaching, you see, so when I can get there and when I leave will depend on what my timetable is like.

Comment

Well.... I don't know how long I will be able to stay. I'll be teaching, you see, so when I can get there and when I leave will depend on what my timetable is like.
                        Whatever works best for you, the room will be there for the days you need it.

Comment

Thanks, Sofie. I'm sure it'll be great. I'm very excited. Sorry if not many people reply, but this thread has kinda evolved into the Rune, Kliggs and Bev show. The rest of us are just honoured spectators.

Speaking of which, guys... I did suggest to the G4 that Kliggs be the honoured guest, doing the Q & A sessions.
                          A few of us replied and welcomed Sofie to the happy throng. Nobody gets left behind here.
                          sigpic

Comment

A few of us replied and welcomed Sofie to the happy throng. Nobody gets left behind here.
                            Oh I know, I just mean for future reference. Things get swept up in the Rune, Kliggs and Bev show. It's not meant nastily at all!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rune
                              Telling us something we don't know is hard cos we know so much.

Telling you something you don't know if much easier Kliggy, shall we start with the ABC?

And BTW how are those mutton chops coming along?
                              No, I know ABC. Please start with D.

Coming along just fine....not!
                              sigpic

Comment

What a pretty name Amber!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X