GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
    Can I reserve awesomeness for the fab event team we are working with at the hotel. We know how important wi fi is to you all and the significant cost it can be in hotels so we were trying to get a reduced rate for you all. Last night they offered all our attendees FREE wi fi throughout the hotel so you can hang in the lobby or in your rooms and upload your photos, tweet and facebook to your hearts content. How awesome is that? When you register everyone will get the code in their packs. Enjoy
    I love you!!

Comment

you guys rock!!

Comment

Can I reserve awesomeness for the fab event team we are working with at the hotel. We know how important wi fi is to you all and the significant cost it can be in hotels so we were trying to get a reduced rate for you all. Last night they offered all our attendees FREE wi fi throughout the hotel so you can hang in the lobby or in your rooms and upload your photos, tweet and facebook to your hearts content. How awesome is that? When you register everyone will get the code in their packs. Enjoy
        That is super cool - thanks to all the Gabit people for all the good work you do and for looking after all us gabiteers!
        sigpic

Comment

sweeeet! I'm not able to go, but I *am* looking forward to those "as-they-happen" posts
          sigpic

Comment

Since I have gone to the dark side, I do appreciate this gesture. Sincere thanks to both the awesome Gabit team and the awesome hotel team.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
            sweeeet! I'm not able to go, but I *am* looking forward to those "as-they-happen" posts
            Wha....? You mean what happens in London doesn't stay in London? *Thinks about how her family and friends knows she wore stripper shoes* Never mind.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

hehehe - yeppers, not everything is private And in this case, that's all to the good as I see it!
              sigpic

Comment

That's amazing! Given that I'm currently suffering from severe back and leg problems and will be skipping the abby ball because of it, I will definitely appreciate spending the evening in my room sorting through the days photos and being able to upload them and do a bit of blogging will be great. Thank you :-)

ETA: lmao I just noticed some of us have "Fringe" titles, I love it.
                sigpic

Comment

That's fantastic!! Maybe I'll bring my laptop after all!!

Dona (mac)

Comment

please do! those of us living vicariously will certainly thank you!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                      That's amazing! Given that I'm currently suffering from severe back and leg problems and will be skipping the abby ball because of it, I will definitely appreciate spending the evening in my room sorting through the days photos and being able to upload them and do a bit of blogging will be great. Thank you :-)
                      Sitting alone in your room is not allowed. - don't you want to gather around the lobby. There will be tons of AT people in the lobby during the evenings. And not everyone goes to the ball. Last year I had door duty and then hung around outside (in the lobby) with several people. Sure it will be happening again.

And what type of title is September - or is that suppose to be someone??? Have no idea!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
                        That's fantastic!! Maybe I'll bring my laptop after all!!

Dona (mac)
                        I've been debating it as well - but with free WiFi - maybe I will!
                        sigpic

Comment

that will be a significant savings to many of us. they charge £6 for 3hrs and £15 for the day. do you realize how many starbucks that will buy?! i'm really glad because funds will be a little tight this trip so that will be a big help.

Comment

any perks like this that the GABIT folks can wrangle will certainly be appreciated by the attendees. AND, it makes it more likely that the same hotel will be used again and again...thus a big plus for them. It's a win-win.
                            sigpic

Comment

actually it will be a win-win-win. maybe some of the funds that would have gone for wifi can go to S4K and the hearing dogs.

Comment

My thoughts precisely! And I will probably be hanging around in the lobby as I can live without the ball. The music is too loud and I really don't dance. I spent many years playing the music for others to dance to. So I'm sure there will be a few folks hanging around chatting and taking advantage of the free wifi!! Thanks to Becky and the Ren!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X