• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    Hey you, it's official---we have pants!
    Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
    Yay!Thank you!
    Originally posted by JanSam View Post
    *raises eyebrows*
    I thought Neep was the one running around without pants......
    Um, I can explain this! It's totally harmless, seriously.

I found a cool pair of bike pants that don't look like bike pants at MEC. They are much better for riding in the city than a pair of jeans. They are not waterproof but will withhold a bit of rain/mud.

EH-T kindly volunteered to buy more pants for me.
    Back-ups because you can never have enough bike gear and who knows when I will go to Canada next time?

Comment

Sorry, someone called?
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Hi!

Can anyone tell me how the auction at AT7 works. How do we pay when we won something? And also if we want to buy S4K merchandise, can we pay by card or only in cash? Thanks!

43 days!!! I'm getting really excited here! And I still can't believe I'm going to meet Amanda
        sigpic
        Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post
          Hi!

Can anyone tell me how the auction at AT7 works. How do we pay when we won something? And also if we want to buy S4K merchandise, can we pay by card or only in cash? Thanks!

43 days!!! I'm getting really excited here! And I still can't believe I'm going to meet Amanda
          First - MUMSEY - would you verify this for us please!

But Ok = first lets deal with the S4K merchandise. Cash (English pounds) is always accepted but you can use a credit card, I pretty sure about that. However, in their "store" I believe most people do pay in cash.

As for auction - there I know you can use a credit card - I've done that several times before (but again cash is always accepted - English pounds). If you bid and win then Amanda will come over and congratulate you and give the merchandise to go to the back of the room where you pay. They have a table set up there with a laptop and they take care of it right on the spot. On some items the bidding does get a little high, but they always have items that will get lower bids. Plus there is the silent auction.

Now the silent auction (when held) is a bunch of cool items that are either difficult to put up for a bid or to be honest sometimes they just have more things than they can put up in a live auction. So these items will be on display in the "store" area. Each item will have a sheet of paper in front of it so you can write down your bid and after a set time - the last bid wins. Also must be paid for that day and I believe that credit cards can be use there as well.

So - Mumsey - did I get it right????
          sigpic

Comment

i remember hearing something about paypal, but can't remember if they accept it or don't. well, that was useful info wasn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post

But Ok = first lets deal with the S4K merchandise. Cash (English pounds) is always accepted but you can use a credit card, I pretty sure about that. However, in their "store" I believe most people do pay in cash.

As for auction - there I know you can use a credit card - I've done that several times before (but again cash is always accepted - English pounds). If you bid and win then Amanda will come over and congratulate you and give the merchandise to go to the back of the room where you pay. They have a table set up there with a laptop and they take care of it right on the spot. On some items the bidding does get a little high, but they always have items that will get lower bids. Plus there is the silent auction.

Now the silent auction (when held) is a bunch of cool items that are either difficult to put up for a bid or to be honest sometimes they just have more things than they can put up in a live auction. So these items will be on display in the "store" area. Each item will have a sheet of paper in front of it so you can write down your bid and after a set time - the last bid wins. Also must be paid for that day and I believe that credit cards can be use there as well.

Gold Star for you!

Yep - cash or credit card.

I believe an email regarding paying for purchases and auction items will be being sent out in a few weeks - probably once Madame Preen is done throwing herself down mountains and stuff Lol

Credit cards but no American Express.

Also, if you are inclined to think about such things, might be worth mentioning that when you pay by card a little bit is lost in standard processing fees, and of course if you are overseas, banks and card issuers do enjoy charging for 'foreign' transactions too - not an issue with cash.

As a complete aside, and based entirely on my 'experiences' with them - PAYPAL ARE EVIL!!!! AND MEAN!!! AND THEY SMELL BAD!!! For internet shopping and eBay they're fine, but when it comes to events they are about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

But I could be a tiny bit biased. Maybe.

I better go now, do AT7 homework. This posting was absolutely NOT procrastination...

Comment

OK I missed the point a bit probably but now I REALLY want a chocolate teapot.
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

do they come in milk and dark chocolate?

Comment

If we're doing that I'll have a white one please!

Comment

Thanks for your replies That definitely answers my questions. I'll make sure I got some cash on me as well

I'm so looking forward to this
                      sigpic
                      Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Haha - I had the same thought about the teapot. Mmmmmmm.
                        sigpic
                        Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                          *raises eyebrows*
                          I thought Neep was the one running around without pants......

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
                          Um, I can explain this! It's totally harmless, seriously.

I found a cool pair of bike pants that don't look like bike pants at MEC. They are much better for riding in the city than a pair of jeans. They are not waterproof but will withhold a bit of rain/mud.

EH-T kindly volunteered to buy more pants for me.
                          Back-ups because you can never have enough bike gear and who knows when I will go to Canada next time?
                          Is that the story we are going with? OK then.

Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post
                          Hi!

Originally posted by llp View Post

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post
                          Gold Star for you!

I believe an email regarding paying for purchases and auction items will be being sent out in a few weeks - probably once Madame Preen is done throwing herself down mountains and stuff Lol

Also, if you are inclined to think about such things, might be worth mentioning that when you pay by card a little bit is lost in standard processing fees, and of course if you are overseas, banks and card issuers do enjoy charging for 'foreign' transactions too - not an issue with cash.

As a complete aside, and based entirely on my 'experiences' with them - PAYPAL ARE EVIL!!!! AND MEAN!!! AND THEY SMELL BAD!!! For internet shopping and eBay they're fine, but when it comes to events they are about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

I better go now, do AT7 homework. This posting was absolutely NOT procrastination...
                          As I recall, the last couple of years you don't pay right away at the back of the auction room but rather sign up for a time to pay and get your item...or maybe that is just for items where the $ goes to S4K and theitems that benefit Hearing Dogs you can pay for right away. Either way, if you have cash you could pay right away. I do think for S4K auction items you need to have a PayPal account. Major problems with that the first year (hence Mayo's comments). In fact, it never did work for me and I paid Hearing Dogs for one item and then they reimbursed S4K for it out of the cash from the bucket run.

Keep in mind if you plan to pay cash that the auction items do go for some pretty high prices.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                          OK I missed the point a bit probably but now I REALLY want a chocolate teapot.
                          Me too! I don't drink tea so it works really well for me!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post
                            Gold Star for you!

What Keely said! Sorting everything out now, and we will let everyone know the final arrangements in good time.

Mumsey
                            For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Colder than Mars, that's us. For the first time in the 26 1/2 years I have lived in my house, the water pipe inside the house froze so I had no water yesterday morning. Can't wait to come to balmy London!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                                Colder than Mars, that's us. For the first time in the 26 1/2 years I have lived in my house, the water pipe inside the house froze so I had no water yesterday morning. Can't wait to come to balmy London!
                                One thing we're NOT short of at the moment is water! We've been getting one storm after another coming across the Atlantic for several weeks now. We are somewhat soggy...

Mumsey
                                For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X