GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
    For those of you planning to stay either side of the event, and maybe take in a theatre while you are here, they are having a special offer on some of the best shows, with cheap tickets and no booking fees. http://www.theatrepeople.com/?gclid=...FSTItAodjSAACQ check it out.
    Mumsey
    Thanks very much for the link.

Has anyone tried to get from the hotel to The Lyceum Theatre at all? We'd love to see the Lion King but for someone who doesn't know London very well, it seems too far and too much messing around on the tube.
    Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
    If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

She is just adorable--and so happy. You must have a lot of fun with her and Christmas is always a fun time for a preschooler. Lovely picture, too. I love the lighting. So Happy Christmas!

Donamac

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
        Thanks very much for the link.

Has anyone tried to get from the hotel to The Lyceum Theatre at all? We'd love to see the Lion King but for someone who doesn't know London very well, it seems too far and too much messing around on the tube.

You take the Piccadilly Line from the Airport and get off at Covent Garden. It's a quick walk from there.
        Please note that it takes about an hour to get there but it's all on the same line.

Use the journey planner on http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/use...T2?language=en and untick "rail" because that will usually send you via the Heathrow Express which is way too expensive for the 10 minutes you save on the journey.

Comment

OMG - I would recommend to ANYONE in the London area - go see Les Miserables and Phantom of the Opera if at all possible. The last time I was in London I got to see both. Absolutely, positively, worth the price of a ticket - any ticket!
          sigpic

Comment

the tube may seem a bit confusing at first, but it's not bad

link
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
              You take the Piccadilly Line from the Airport and get off at Covent Garden. It's a quick walk from there.
              Please note that it takes about an hour to get there but it's all on the same line.

Use the journey planner on http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/use...T2?language=en and untick "rail" because that will usually send you via the Heathrow Express which is way too expensive for the 10 minutes you save on the journey.
              Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              the tube may seem a bit confusing at first, but it's not bad

link
              Thanks guys, I was looking at the map but couldn't work out the best routes, there are so many places you can change I got confused.

That's great that it takes an hour and a quick walk. I shall put it to murrinholi and we can decide what we're doing.

68 days! Well until we go, 70 until the Friday I can't believe how excited I'm getting. I'm not even bothered about Christmas, it's all about AT7
              Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Thanks guys, I was looking at the map but couldn't work out the best routes, there are so many places you can change I got confused.

That's great that it takes an hour and a quick walk. I shall put it to murrinholi and we can decide what we're doing.

68 days! Well until we go, 70 until the Friday I can't believe how excited I'm getting. I'm not even bothered about Christmas, it's all about AT7
                The tube is not that bad and if you need help there are plenty of folks willing to help you at every stop. I was just there last month and headed to Covent Garden from a different stop than where I normally go and when the first train was coming in I just asked someone on the platform to confirm it was the one I needed to get one. Every station has very clear signage as well. I have been to several shows on Thursday evenings before past AT events. New York and London are my favorite places to go to the theatre.
                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

heard someone questioning if amanda would not be at AT7 because she will be direction continum, but she tweeted that she would definitely be there. that's a relief since it the last time i will be able to go.

Comment

Hi everybody,

I need a roomie. I hope it's not too late to find one.

I'll be able to stay only two nights (Friday and Saturday nights) because I'll have to come home Sunday evening/night. So if there is somebody who wants to be my roomie, please send me a pm or an e-mail.

Thanks.

CU soon
                    Anita

Comment

I have another question guys. Do you need to pay for the hotel room using the card you made the booking with?

Comment

I have another question guys. Do you need to pay for the hotel room using the card you made the booking with?
                        No. When you register, you will be asked to tender a card, and you can then use the card of your choice. They only ask for a card when you are booking, in case you don't turn up, or cancel in time and they will then charge the card for the nights' room.

Mumsey (with her G4 hat on)
                        For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                          The tube is not that bad and if you need help there are plenty of folks willing to help you at every stop. I was just there last month and headed to Covent Garden from a different stop than where I normally go and when the first train was coming in I just asked someone on the platform to confirm it was the one I needed to get one. Every station has very clear signage as well. I have been to several shows on Thursday evenings before past AT events. New York and London are my favorite places to go to the theatre.
                          Agreed. The tube system is well designed and when in doubt, ask. I always find people very helpful wherever I travel. Funny thing is, whenever I travel I always have people asking me for directions. Usually I can help since I am armed with a map.

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                          heard someone questioning if amanda would not be at AT7 because she will be direction continum, but she tweeted that she would definitely be there. that's a relief since it the last time i will be able to go.
                          Saw a tweet reprinted about this on the Samanda thread. Confident that AT will always try her best to make AT events but there may be circumstances beyond her control. At the last event and the upcoming one I have had plans to tour with family so I would go no matter what. Still, kind of glad she'll be there.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            Saw a tweet reprinted about this on the Samanda thread. Confident that AT will always try her best to make AT events but there may be circumstances beyond her control. At the last event and the upcoming one I have had plans to tour with family so I would go no matter what. Still, kind of glad she'll be there.
                            But Amanda did tweet she is definately coming to AT7.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                              <SNIP> Still, kind of glad she'll be there.
                              Hehe ... just kind a eh?

Which familymember are you bringing this time?
                              sigpic

Comment

You can get tube aps for smart phones. Select start and end points and then you can choose whether you want to do it in the least amount of time or least number of changes.

I still love the paper maps though.
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X