Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

127days 20hrs, 59min. 9sec till AT7

Comment

Can't believe how fast time has gone! Feels like only yesterday I was up waiting for the tickets to go on sale and now it's only 4 months away.
      Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
      If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Hi, All,

Now that I'm fairly sure I'll be able to make it to AT7 I guess it's time to book flight, room and find a rookie. Anyone up for a roommate or has everyone made their arrangements. I will probably arrive a couple days ahead to adjust to the time difference between Seattle and UK. I'm so looking forward to this as I missed AT6.

Donamac

Comment

Work leave officially approved! 1 week in London, 4 in Kathmandu with my babies. They even let me have my 2 paid volunteer days with it! Heeee.

Edit: has everyone seen latest NOH newsletter?
          http://www.nepalorphanshome.org/site...ters/1310.html
          Last edited by NZNeep; 19 October 2013, 03:56 AM.
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
            Work leave officially approved! 1 week in London, 4 in Kathmandu with my babies. They even let me have my 2 paid volunteer days with it! Heeee.

Yaay! The Neeplet is coming!

Mumsey
            For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

120 days, 19 hrs, 48 min., 5sec.

and 62 day till christmas

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
                Hi, All,

Now that I'm fairly sure I'll be able to make it to AT7 I guess it's time to book flight, room and find a rookie. Anyone up for a roommate or has everyone made their arrangements. I will probably arrive a couple days ahead to adjust to the time difference between Seattle and UK. I'm so looking forward to this as I missed AT6.

Donamac

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                120 days, 19 hrs, 48 min., 5sec.

and 62 day till christmas
                Better get my shopping done.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Christmas is THAT close?!?!
                  sigpic

Comment

even closer, don't blink-it will sneak up on you......58days
                    till AT7-116 days, 20 hrs, 24 min + 5 sec.

Comment

Quick question about the cocktail party, I know its smart dress but I was wondering how formal/smart people actually go? For example I'm looking at a smart/casual skater style dress that's mid-thigh length, with heels and a blazer. Would that be too casual?
                      Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                      If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                        Quick question about the cocktail party, I know its smart dress but I was wondering how formal/smart people actually go? For example I'm looking at a smart/casual skater style dress that's mid-thigh length, with heels and a blazer. Would that be too casual?
                        That'll work.

The rules aren't that much stricter than 'no jeans, no trainers, don't smell bad...'

- Okay, the smelling bad part is really only MY rule. But I'm sure others would appreciate it too

Comment

That would be fine, see below. People dress in a variety of fashions, following the rules below but still within their comfort zone.

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post
                          That'll work.

The rules aren't that much stricter than 'no jeans, no trainers, don't smell bad...'

- Okay, the smelling bad part is really only MY rule. But I'm sure others would appreciate it too
                          LOL! Those rules are so particular. My rule was must wear stripper shoes. Funny that, eh?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Sounds fine to me. I wore a nice pair of slacks and a designer blouse....with tennies!

But EH-T - you weren't really steady but you looked good in those shoes!

and I agree - please smell nice!
                            sigpic

Comment

something to keep in mind in public situations - smelling "nice" is NOT dousing yourself with perfume. Many people are very sensitive to scents and you are not doing them any favors by using too much. Smelling CLEAN is much better.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                                something to keep in mind in public situations - smelling "nice" is NOT dousing yourself with perfume. Many people are very sensitive to scents and you are not doing them any favors by using too much. Smelling CLEAN is much better.
                                YES - please when I mean smell nice - I mean no scent at all! But clean scent (without it being a specific flavor or scent) is perfect - no loading on perfume!

(Little bit of fact: Did you know that Flamenco dancers (gypsys) don't shower after a performance [unless they are from North America - ex Jose Greco] = they have several bottles of very cheap cologne and pour it on to get rid of the smell of "body odor". And trust me - you don't want to smell that either! )
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X