No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still at Gabitry. Have party lottery draw tickets. I'll be sending invites soon, and will note here when they are all sent out. Please don't ask yet, I won't be home until late tonight...

Mumsey
    For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by starsong101 View Post
      I will be staying over Saturday night so I won't be there on Friday. I'm getting the cheap general admission day tickets. I wasn't going to do any photo-ops stuff but having one with Amanda and Chris might be fun. We'll have to get together with some of the AT folks and "do lunch" or something

Mocha what are your plans or is it still too far away? How are things with the pup?
      Lunch sounds good or meeting up Saturday night since none of us will be doing the Dessert Party.

I'm going to wait for photo/auto tickets until I'm there. Galls me that Creation charges for s & h when you get them by e-mail. It never started out as a plan but with AT and MTM events I have photos with AT and RDA. Did get an AT/MS photo from the first Creation event I attended. Sort of feel I need to complete things by getting one with CJ, although, as you say, a CJ/AT one would be fun. I'll see what's available when I get there.

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
      still waiting to hear from krystal. not 100% sure she's coming. and it's still too far off to really plan. was actually thinking i would try to get a puzzle box partly done by then so i could get amanda to sign it and then i could spray varnish that. never did get the person who won the box at AT6 so i could finish spraying the thing. don't know if i'll do any photos or auto's. not sure what i'm doing. haven't checked to see if the schedule is somewhat out yet. but i will be there. just not sure when. i'm a person of strong indecision.
      LOL. Just let us know when you cross over to decision mode.

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
      Still at Gabitry. Have party lottery draw tickets. I'll be sending invites soon, and will note here when they are all sent out. Please don't ask yet, I won't be home until late tonight...

Mumsey
      Good luck to all of those who are in the draw.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I will be staying over Saturday night so I won't be there on Friday. I'm getting the cheap general admission day tickets. I wasn't going to do any photo-ops stuff but having one with Amanda and Chris might be fun. We'll have to get together with some of the AT folks and "do lunch" or something

Mocha what are your plans or is it still too far away? How are things with the pup?
        forgot to answer the pup part. she's great. been thru 2 doggie classes and have another starting in 2 weeks. the only problem with her is she does not do real well with other dogs. it's like she wants to play but isn't quite sure how to approach them. she flunked her doggy day care evaluation but they think that if i keep working with her she may develop social skills. she is ok with people and is very good with my 4 yr old niece. she's a smart little thing too. she has learned all kinds of tricks. loose leash walking is still in progress. she loves her balls and toys and goes in her crate(by her choice) and plays there with them and naps and plays some more. she has skin problems but they are better -maybe a grass allergy. she takes meds. she is a very happy loving girl. but i still miss my Bubba.

Comment

EH-T
          I know what you mean about paying for the photo-op/auto tickets pretty "stinky" considering they come by email.

A good new story hope it makes your day: I go walking just about everyday at a local park that has a pond. I've gotten to know the goose families. There is one pair with 8 goslings and another with 6. This morning I didn't see all of the family of 6. On my next turn around the pond I saw a woman trying for one of the goslings. It turns out it had some fishing line around its' legs and she was trying to catch it to get the line off. Well, between us we cornered it but we couldn't get the line off, no knife. She went and got one of the fisherman while I tried to keep it calm. Mom and Dad gooseys were not happy but they kept close but didn't attack, I appreciated that, those beaks can hurt. Anyway, the fisherman came and we cut off the line and it turned out there was a hook with a lead weight in one of its feet with the line wrapped around the other. Freed of the hook, line and sinker it went waddling very quickly back to Mom and Dad a free bird. From now on I will be carrying my Swiss army knife ala Macgyver with me. Never know when you may need it. All in all it was a good day.

Comment

EH-T
            I know what you mean about paying for the photo-op/auto tickets pretty "stinky" considering they come by email.

A good new story hope it makes your day: I go walking just about everyday at a local park that has a pond. I've gotten to know the goose families. There is one pair with 8 goslings and another with 6. This morning I didn't see all of the family of 6. On my next turn around the pond I saw a woman trying for one of the goslings. It turns out it had some fishing line around its' legs and she was trying to catch it to get the line off. Well, between us we cornered it but we couldn't get the line off, no knife. She went and got one of the fisherman while I tried to keep it calm. Mom and Dad gooseys were not happy but they kept close but didn't attack, I appreciated that, those beaks can hurt. Anyway, the fisherman came and we cut off the line and it turned out there was a hook with a lead weight in one of its feet with the line wrapped around the other. Freed of the hook, line and sinker it went waddling very quickly back to Mom and Dad a free bird. From now on I will be carrying my Swiss army knife ala Macgyver with me. Never know when you may need it. All in all it was a good day.
            Good on ya!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

yeah for saving wildlife from man-made dangers!
              sigpic

Comment

I was glad that between the three of us we could help. Frequently these things do not end well. We won one for wild life.

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post

Mumsey
                  *sits in corner, rocking backwards and forwards, chewing nails*

Hope you enjoyed your weekend mumsey xxx
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

EH-T

you go girl!!

Comment

I've got a quick question about the hotel, I'm hoping some event alumni can help me out. The rooms have been described as 'single' and 'double' on the Gabit forum or in the confirmation email, I can't remember which, with two rates quoted. Is the double rate literally for a room with a double bed or is there a twin option?

(I'm sharing a room with a friend who has a few health problems. We don't know how she will be in February and at the worst she will struggle to share a bed. We're hoping it won't be a problem but are trying to have every eventuality covered.)
                      Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                      If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                        I've got a quick question about the hotel, I'm hoping some event alumni can help me out. The rooms have been described as 'single' and 'double' on the Gabit forum or in the confirmation email, I can't remember which, with two rates quoted. Is the double rate literally for a room with a double bed or is there a twin option?

(I'm sharing a room with a friend who has a few health problems. We don't know how she will be in February and at the worst she will struggle to share a bed. We're hoping it won't be a problem but are trying to have every eventuality covered.)
                        It's possible to have twins bed. You just have to ask for it when you make your reservation.
                        sigpic
                        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                          It's possible to have twins bed. You just have to ask for it when you make your reservation.
                          Thanks XF, I assume you can request that option online?
                          Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Thanks XF, I assume you can request that option online?
                            Yes you can!
                            sigpic
                            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                              Yes you can!
                              Great, hate having to make phone calls.

I'll stop asking stupid questions now.

Comment

Great, hate having to make phone calls.

I'll stop asking stupid questions now.
                                You have actually 2 choices, one bed (for one or how many) that I believe is a "small" king or 2 beds and they are twins. But all that info will be given out on the Gabit website and probably here as well once they sign the contract with the Ren and give us the "special" code number to get the discount. You definately want to wait for that because the price is better and it includes a buffet breakfast with about everything you want to eat.... and more - all included in the price!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X