No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't believe it. the wire transfer has already gone thru. it took a group, but they got it right. and i even have a small credit because i sent extra to cover any fees. well, hopefully that will go towards the charmed pass if i get one. ok, i can cross that off my AT7 to do list.

Comment

I'll enter the next drawing for AT7 tickets and crossing my fingers I can pay.

Comment

Hi all,

I will go to AT7. I hope I'll get ticket. I'm very excited because it will be my first con and the first time I meet with Amanda. So I'm crossing my fingers and I'm looking forward to the registration. I check all day the gabit site and wait to information on how to register and pay for the tickets.

I hope I'll meet with Amanda and everyone else of her fantastic fandom.

Comment

Gabit events are definitely a nice way to be introduced to the world of cons! Although you will be spoiled - they are not like the rest of the events out there!!! I hope you do get your ticket - it's always fun to meet newbies
          ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
          ames on facebook
          ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
            So I've been having an odd few days, money-wise.
            On Thursday there was an issue with our pay ... as in the vast majority of the plant didn't get paid thanks to a coding problem in payroll. This meant on Friday, when my automatic bills came out, my pay wasn't there yet... hello overdraft fees. It's been sorted now, but this meant I didn't get to do my wire transfer before the weekend. Okay, I can deal with that.

Yesterday I stop in at the bank to take out my rent and do the wire transfer for my AT7 ticket. It's 4pm on a Monday, and the queue is 8 people deep. *blinks* I turned around and left, knowing I'd be up early this morning and could return when the bank was less busy. Also not a problem (just the annoyance of having driven across town for nowt).

This morning I woke up in a seriously bouncy mood (impressive seeing as A-I had to be up early and B-I have major dental work to look forward to in an hour...). I head over to the bank after running some other errands, and sure enough, I'm the front of the queue. I say hi to some of the staff, and cheerily walk up to the teller with a "guess what day it is today???" and receiving a grin and "wire transfer day?" in return. (Have I mentioned I love the staff at my adopted branch, which is *why* I drive across town to do my banking there? That and they actually refer to me as the bluejelloqueen on my portfolio, because they're cool like that, but I digress! )

So even when they couldn't do what I needed done (because I need Mumsey's address as well as that of the receiving bank, and one of these days I'll actually remember that *before* trying to initiate a payment to GABIT...), and I was realising I'd have to return for a third time to get it sorted, I was still in a chipper mood. Then as I'm asking a question regarding a charge on my account, the lady at the front of the line behind me loudly shouts "excuse me, but can someone explain how it is that I've been standing here for over 15 minutes, wasting my time?!?" while waving directly at myself and elderly gentleman who is ironing out the details of his new account at the till beside me. Apparently our interactions with this institution aren't nearly as important as hers. Thank you so much, Ms Entitled Senior who obviously feels it is her right and responsibility to make everyone else share in her misery, for making me feel like an unimportant waste of time and space, and utterly deflating the unusual good mood I had going on. Mission accomplished. *glares*
            I get a printout of the transaction and then give that to the bank the next time i do it, saves lots of time and trouble.

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
            got my wire transfer for tickets sent off yesterday. it took 4 people 1+1/2 hours to do it. they said they rarely send them. hope it goes thru ok.
            Mine only took about 15 mins because I take the previous form.

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
            I'll enter the next drawing for AT7 tickets and crossing my fingers I can pay.
            Good luck!

Originally posted by Goodfairy View Post
            Hi all,

I will go to AT7. I hope I'll get ticket. I'm very excited because it will be my first con and the first time I meet with Amanda. So I'm crossing my fingers and I'm looking forward to the registration. I check all day the gabit site and wait to information on how to register and pay for the tickets.

I hope I'll meet with Amanda and everyone else of her fantastic fandom.
            Good luck to you as well. It is wonderful seeing all the "old" gang but also wonderful to meet new people every time.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

i tried to find my copy from the last transfer, but couldn't. hope i remember where this one is when i do the cocktail party ticket wire transfer.(hope i win a ticket)

Comment

i tried to find my copy from the last transfer, but couldn't. hope i remember where this one is when i do the cocktail party ticket wire transfer.(hope i win a ticket)
                Having the previous transfer certainly helped smooth my transaction (which should be through by now). My only problem is that there are always other little charges at the other end so I always owe $ to Gabit.

Decided to opt out of the CP draw this year to increase the chances of others so good luck to you.

In other news, I understand the UK is getting hit with winter. Hope all are safe and warm. If it makes you feel better, it has been (and will be for this week) between -40 to -45 here with the windchill. Glad my new walk to work is 10 minutes instead of 45.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

for at6 i called the bank in england and they assured me there were no charges on their end and i ended up owing money. i called again before sending my transfer and they said there was a £ 6-16 charge on their end. so i sent extra. so now i have a little credit-just a few pounds.

Comment

Well, I am off to the bank in about 15 minutes to make the ticket payment for Claire and myself. And like EH-T, we also decided to both opted out of the cocktail party so hopefully others can have a chance at going to the party.
                    And it is warming up here. Will make it to the low 40's (about 5 to 6*C) for the high here today but back below freezing again tonight. However rain coming back so temps will go up a few more points and take us out of the freezing zone at night.
                    sigpic

Comment

winter is just no fun without snow.

Comment

winter is just no fun without snow.
                        we have just had a cyclone collapse before hitting us so we are at the moment getting pounded with monsoon rainfall and high winds, the city is slowly dissapearing underwater, we will be renaming it atlantis soon!!!!!!!!
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

sounds like time to start building an ark. hope it stops soon. good luck.

Comment

I would amend that to winter is just no fun.
                            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                            Anon

Comment

More snow here again. Doesn't seem to be settling this time. We'll see in the morning!

Mumsey
                              For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

It's about 80°F here. I just returned from a walk to the store and didn't need a jacket. Compared to last week's freezing temps, this is nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X