No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is Abigail Papoofneck Haugh(Abby for short) mom liked this better than Mandy. she is an absolute sweetheart with a tough history. had a litter of pups then was surrendered to animal control in bad shape-no idea what happened to the pups. she was partly bald but is much better after care from the rescue group. she is very laid back and loving and has a thing for tennis balls. she usually has one in her mouth. loves to chase them. i'm so glad we finally got such a great dog. we are bonding very nicely and i think she is my new best friend.

Comment

oh she's a cutie pie!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]36701[/ATTACH] this is Abigail Papoofneck Haugh(Abby for short) mom liked this better than Mandy. she is an absolute sweetheart with a tough history. had a litter of pups then was surrendered to animal control in bad shape-no idea what happened to the pups. she was partly bald but is much better after care from the rescue group. she is very laid back and loving and has a thing for tennis balls. she usually has one in her mouth. loves to chase them. i'm so glad we finally got such a great dog. we are bonding very nicely and i think she is my new best friend.
        Mandy will be crushed you didn't name the dog after her. However, thrilled you have named her after me, Papoofneck is my middle name.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

actually mom was going to name her Mandy from the barry manilow song, not after amanda. then she changed her mind. i like Abby better. she is a tennis ball addict tho.

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
            actually mom was going to name her Mandy from the barry manilow song, not after amanda. then she changed her mind. i like Abby better. she is a tennis ball addict tho.
            I didn't even think of Amanda (never think of her as a Mandy). I was thinking of our very own Mandy, from Gateworld, via Canada.

Comment

Ahem...I thought my ears were burning

I also picked the name from Barry Manilow's song
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

i took Abby to the vet today and he said she is no more than 3 years old. the agency vet said 7. mine said unless she has had dental work since then it's 3. so i saved some money-they charged me for a senior dog which is cheaper. i thought she had a lot of energy for a 7 yr old. anyways, she is in pretty good health except for skin problems. and she needs thyroid meds. so the vet was pleased with her condition considering everything she went thru. my arms are really getting a workout throwing the tennis balls all day. she's adapting really well and is very sweet.glad we got her.

Comment

Just jumping in to say a quick hello . Missing all the Gabbiteer's .

BOUNCE
                  CRAZY IRISH GUY :

Puddle Jumper Pilot- Sheppard - Asmir
                  Scientist - McKay - Shirt n' Tie
                  Scientist - Zalenka- Bar
                  Cook and able body - Ronon - Master Bray Tack .
                  Crazy Irish Guy Was Here .

Spoiler:
                  Are we Geeks or Nerds

Comment

So I've been having an odd few days, money-wise.
                    On Thursday there was an issue with our pay ... as in the vast majority of the plant didn't get paid thanks to a coding problem in payroll. This meant on Friday, when my automatic bills came out, my pay wasn't there yet... hello overdraft fees. It's been sorted now, but this meant I didn't get to do my wire transfer before the weekend. Okay, I can deal with that.

Yesterday I stop in at the bank to take out my rent and do the wire transfer for my AT7 ticket. It's 4pm on a Monday, and the queue is 8 people deep. *blinks* I turned around and left, knowing I'd be up early this morning and could return when the bank was less busy. Also not a problem (just the annoyance of having driven across town for nowt).

This morning I woke up in a seriously bouncy mood (impressive seeing as A-I had to be up early and B-I have major dental work to look forward to in an hour...). I head over to the bank after running some other errands, and sure enough, I'm the front of the queue. I say hi to some of the staff, and cheerily walk up to the teller with a "guess what day it is today???" and receiving a grin and "wire transfer day?" in return. (Have I mentioned I love the staff at my adopted branch, which is *why* I drive across town to do my banking there? That and they actually refer to me as the bluejelloqueen on my portfolio, because they're cool like that, but I digress! )

So even when they couldn't do what I needed done (because I need Mumsey's address as well as that of the receiving bank, and one of these days I'll actually remember that *before* trying to initiate a payment to GABIT...), and I was realising I'd have to return for a third time to get it sorted, I was still in a chipper mood. Then as I'm asking a question regarding a charge on my account, the lady at the front of the line behind me loudly shouts "excuse me, but can someone explain how it is that I've been standing here for over 15 minutes, wasting my time?!?" while waving directly at myself and elderly gentleman who is ironing out the details of his new account at the till beside me. Apparently our interactions with this institution aren't nearly as important as hers. Thank you so much, Ms Entitled Senior who obviously feels it is her right and responsibility to make everyone else share in her misery, for making me feel like an unimportant waste of time and space, and utterly deflating the unusual good mood I had going on. Mission accomplished. *glares*
                    ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                    ames on facebook
                    ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Poor you! ((((Huggles the bluejelloqueen)))) I have emailed you with the information you need.

Mumsey
                      For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Mumsey, much appreciated. I'm better now ... apparently in my day of unusual (for me) moods, I actually feel much better after my dentist appt than I did before it. Of course, we'll see how good I physically feel once the freezing comes out, but for now, ames is back to bouncy!
                        ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                        ames on facebook
                        ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Hi all *waves

I'm having a bit of a rough time, so I started thinking about Amanda and I decided that from now on I'm going to call her the "Angel of Love" because she really is an angel sent from heaven and she loves us all regardless of what we do, where we are from and what we look like.

I love her so much and I'm really hoping to meet her and everyone else of this wonderful fandom at AT7

Much love!
                          sigpic
                          Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                            Ahem...I thought my ears were burning

I also picked the name from Barry Manilow's song
                            I have now lost all respect for you.

Originally posted by Master Bray Tack View Post
                            Just jumping in to say a quick hello . Missing all the Gabbiteer's .

BOUNCE
                            Miss you too.

Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post
                            Hi all *waves

I'm having a bit of a rough time, so I started thinking about Amanda and I decided that from now on I'm going to call her the "Angel of Love" because she really is an angel sent from heaven and she loves us all regardless of what we do, where we are from and what we look like.

I love her so much and I'm really hoping to meet her and everyone else of this wonderful fandom at AT7

Much love!
                            **Hugs**

As many of you know, I am not on the twitter. However, the jungle drums have alerted me to the fact that Julia is fundraising for a S4K house by going without wine until March. I toast her efforts with a glass of milk and have made a donation to "dryJulia". Just thought I would mention it here in case anyone else did not know.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                              As many of you know, I am not on the twitter. However, the jungle drums have alerted me to the fact that Julia is fundraising for a S4K house by going without wine until March. I toast her efforts with a glass of milk and have made a donation to "dryJulia". Just thought I would mention it here in case anyone else did not know.
                              I totally agree - and I too have made a contribution to keep Julia "dry"!
                              sigpic

Comment

got my wire transfer for tickets sent off yesterday. it took 4 people 1+1/2 hours to do it. they said they rarely send them. hope it goes thru ok.

Comment

Working...
                                X