GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
    i'll be there by noon this saturday. then off again very early sunday am. to edinburgh and then york then back again late afternoon or early eve on wednesday(depending on weather). see you there wednesday. Mayo-the starbucks is on me. can't wait to see you guys again. krystal will be arriving with me. time to go pack now.don't forget dog treats, don't forget dog treats!

Look after my Jennkins!

Comment

i will. somebody has to. time to shut computer down. leave in 1/2 hour. see you wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
        i will. somebody has to. time to shut computer down. leave in 1/2 hour. see you wednesday.
        I sure wish I'd be there too. Feeling sad but have to read all the posts anyway. As for the stamps, I haven't got a lot but will send them anyhow. They may come late but I'm sure Mumsey will find them in the mail.

I love you all and will stay in touch on line hoping folks will post when they have time. xxxooo

Donamac

Comment

Oh Donamac! I know just how you feel from other times. Hugs.

I have realised that although Emma and I miss each others birthdays, AT6 is exactly halfway between them Emma- got you an amazing gift today then realised its suede and probably not good for vegetarians I will get you something else.
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Update on Internet access at the hotel. The business centre is closed and will not be open during AT6. There are therefore no public access computers available. Wireless costs £15 per day. However there is a cheaper alternative which is £6 for three hours. This is a continuous period of three or 24 hours so more cost effective than a straight calendar daily rate. You will of course need your own wireless device.

If you need to print a boarding pass and don't have your laptop or phone the hotel can help you do that but in general the pay wireless is the only option at the moment.

I have Internet access on my mobile service and I don't have trouble in the hotel so that may be an option for some.

Car parking. If you are parking at the hotel don't add your parking to your room bill. Come to registratio and collect a special ticket from us which you then take to the standard pay machine. The convention goers rate we have negotiated is £5 per day. This system means even if you are not staying at the hotel you can still get the lower parking rate.

I will mass mail this info to all attendees but I can't until tonight or tomorrow.

Best Becks

Comment

Chocolate party attendees
              NZNeep (Eileen)
              Spacegirlnz (Emma)
              Zippy (Sammy)
              ATFan (Amanda)
              ames
              llp (Laurie) *
              Chelle
              MidwifeOnBoard - MAYBE
              Annelies * & Flow *
              Beth (possibility)
              Lisa (possibility)
              samcarterrules (Julia) *
              Donna *
              Doris *
              lbruce1980 (Cindy)
              samcargersg1 (Nicole)
              Mrs2Shy (Sanna)
              Jumble
              Devilish Me
              Cloudkiwi

* depending on stewards duties

Message from NZNeep (Eileen) re the chocolateparty:
              I'm happy to take responsibility for the chocolate party on the day again. I will just need someone else to collect names and let the G4 know approximate numbers since I won't be available for the 6 weeks leading up to AT6. Last time we had a list here which worked well.

I think in previous years we have decided to limit size by not widely advertising it, but anyone who hears about it is totally welcome. We don't want anyone feeling left out, that's not the GABIT way!

Message from JuliaR re the chocolateparty:
              [I]I've done the schedule today and the chocolate party is on it. I looked at my notes and Mumsey is the link person to talk to so can you finalise with her in numbers.
              It's down for 3.20 on Saturday in the bar alcove again.
              Participants need to go for their photos at the beginning of the 2.20 photo session.
              Hope this helps
              Julia
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One more added to the chocolate partay!

Be safe now all you traveling people and see ya on the other side!

Edit: Will be arriving at the Ren Thursday afternoon/evening.
              Last edited by 2Shy; 03 November 2012, 04:47 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=2Shy;13555889]Chocolate party attendees
                NZNeep (Eileen)
                Spacegirlnz (Emma)
                Zippy (Sammy)
                ATFan (Amanda)
                ames
                llp (Laurie) *
                Chelle
                MidwifeOnBoard - MAYBE
                Annelies * & Flow *
                Beth (possibility)
                Lisa (possibility)
                samcarterrules (Julia) *
                Donna *
                Doris *
                lbruce1980 (Cindy)
                samcargersg1 (Nicole)
                Mrs2Shy (Sanna)
                Jumble
                Devilish Me
                Cloudkiwi
                XFchemist

* depending on stewards duties

Message from NZNeep (Eileen) re the chocolateparty:
                I'm happy to take responsibility for the chocolate party on the day again. I will just need someone else to collect names and let the G4 know approximate numbers since I won't be available for the 6 weeks leading up to AT6. Last time we had a list here which worked well.

I think in previous years we have decided to limit size by not widely advertising it, but anyone who hears about it is totally welcome. We don't want anyone feeling left out, that's not the GABIT way!

Message from JuliaR re the chocolateparty:
                [I]I've done the schedule today and the chocolate party is on it. I looked at my notes and Mumsey is the link person to talk to so can you finalise with her in numbers.
                It's down for 3.20 on Saturday in the bar alcove again.
                Participants need to go for their photos at the beginning of the 2.20 photo session.
                Hope this helps
                Julia
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forgot to add myself before
                sigpic
                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Has anyone heard from our New York / new jersey and other east coast friends?

Becks

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                    Update on Internet access at the hotel. The business centre is closed and will not be open during AT6. There are therefore no public access computers available. Wireless costs £15 per day. However there is a cheaper alternative which is £6 for three hours. This is a continuous period of three or 24 hours so more cost effective than a straight calendar daily rate. You will of course need your own wireless device.

If you need to print a boarding pass and don't have your laptop or phone the hotel can help you do that but in general the pay wireless is the only option at the moment.

I have Internet access on my mobile service and I don't have trouble in the hotel so that may be an option for some.

Car parking. If you are parking at the hotel don't add your parking to your room bill. Come to registratio and collect a special ticket from us which you then take to the standard pay machine. The convention goers rate we have negotiated is £5 per day. This system means even if you are not staying at the hotel you can still get the lower parking rate.

I will mass mail this info to all attendees but I can't until tonight or tomorrow.

Best Becks
                    If we aren't getting the service to the room and there is no business center available but we are staying at the hotel (Not bringing laptop this time) - how do we confirm are flights home? I always do that on the internet! And if we don't confirm it - they can give your seat away! I suppose there is a phone number to call for Delta - anyone know what it is?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                      If we aren't getting the service to the room and there is no business center available but we are staying at the hotel (Not bringing laptop this time) - how do we confirm are flights home? I always do that on the internet! And if we don't confirm it - they can give your seat away! I suppose there is a phone number to call for Delta - anyone know what it is?
                      You will need to ask at the concierge if you are doing this whilst we are still around I am sure you will find one of us with a computer and access to do this. But the hotel should help you. I will bring this up when I arrive on Wednesday. they mentioned printing bording passes, but I want to ensure you can actually check in too!!!

Becks

Comment

This is just a suggestion. I'd go over to the Radisson or Ibis hotels and use their business centers to get the printed boarding pass as soon as I was able to check-in online.

Comment

If any of you are losing the plot worried about printing an e-ticket/ boarding pass - if you email them to me I'm willing to print them for you on Monday and give them to you at the hotel from Wens onwards.

Monday is the last day I can print stuff though, and I'd ideally like to NOT have any of your sensitive personal info. But if it helps then I can do this if you want.

Comment

5 days til AT6 Ripples!!

Sorry for not doing the countdown but had trouble getting into GW here in London but hopefully now I can update.
                            Beautiful weather over here - simply lovely jubbly!!
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                              You will need to ask at the concierge if you are doing this whilst we are still around I am sure you will find one of us with a computer and access to do this. But the hotel should help you. I will bring this up when I arrive on Wednesday. they mentioned printing bording passes, but I want to ensure you can actually check in too!!!

Becks
                              Ah thank you Becky - really appreciate the help!
                              sigpic

Comment

I just heard the dimarias are safe and well and hope to fly over as planned. They may get a bit delayed by another storm predicted to hit the coast.

Has anyone heard from Jennifer??

Hugs becks

Comment

Working...
                                X