GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

I thought stripper shoes were mandatory.
    Waiting to watch you badge yourself...
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
      Waiting to watch you badge yourself...
      And you will all be happy to know that I found the "SHOES"!

Apparently they were in my closet all the time!
      sigpic

Comment

Can I just say it has been a real hoot talking to everyone on here and reading all of your posts, you obviously have formed great friendships here and I am so looking forward to being a part of that and meeting all of you guys for the first time at AT6, feel so lucky now to actually be going! Thanks for making this noob and most likely every other noob so so welcome and like part of a family!
        WACKO!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          Why, whatever do you mean?
          Also open to interpretation.
          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
          Anon

Comment

Just reading the thread lately is getting me more excited to go ... still not stressing too much, although I'm sure that'll hit shortly!!! So much to do, so little time ... about this time next week I'll be either trying to force myself to sleep, or last minute frantically searching for something vitally important, as it'll be 4.5 hours before my ride to the airport is due to arrive...

PS: any requests for Canadian stuff? Just to be clear, I draw the line at live mounties. They simply will not fold enough to fit into my luggage properly, and tend to be in rather distressing moods by the time you arrive in the UK...

PPS: Hey Mumsey, do I count as a serial offender? o.O
            (I think the part up for interpretation is probably the offender of/to what? LOL)
            ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
            ames on facebook
            ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

If anyone is interested (and doesn't also frequent the Samandan thread), Amanda and Robin were on The Match Game episode which aired last night. You can watch it atm on The Comedy Network website here: The Match Game

Amanda is also the first on the guest list: Actress, producer, director and “Grand Empress of sci-fi” Amanda Tapping
              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
              ames on facebook
              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

14 days til AT6 Ripples!!
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I've officially finished work, including my volunteer days, for the next 7 weeks. I won't be back to volunteer duty til next year but I am now free-ish to start packing, shopping, cleaning, finalising train passes, packing and spending as much quality time with my beautiful family...I have 6 days to get sorted...and I have to squeeze in an inservice meeting at work the day before take off...yep, there goes my sanity...it left without me!!!!
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I am getting ridiculously excited. I was giving some of the girls computer lessons and I googled a photo of Amanda holding one of them (she is so cute) and they exclaimed "sister Amanda!" and started chatting excitedly in Nepali. Aaawww.

I don't know what I can do about chocolate. Some volunteers are taking me into town on Saturday so I will see if I can find something in the tourist shops.
                    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by EH-T View Post
                      It is a sign of how crazy my life has been this year that we are almost at the event and it has only just occured to me that there has been no discussion of how I get my Fazermint fix this time! Sanna, where are you?
                      *rushes into thread*
                      You called ma'am?
                      I can report that operation "Get EH-T some dandy fine Fazer Mints" is a go, ma'am!

You're right guys, haven't been around GW much lately, RL sort of whisked me away there for a bit, good times! Now I'm starting to get into the AT6 excitement groove again
                      Can't wait to meet up with old friends again and see some new faces too. And to all you that will start your travels soon, have safe flights and rides!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post

I don't know what I can do about chocolate. Some volunteers are taking me into town on Saturday so I will see if I can find something in the tourist shops.
                        Don't worry, I have pleanty for you too.
                        sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                        "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                        My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Thanks Emma how's England!? See you in less than 2 weeks!
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Yay! Its weird. And I'm soooo tired. Lol.
                            sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                            "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
                              Yay! Its weird. And I'm soooo tired. Lol.
                              Of course you're tired, clinging to the upside part of the world all day.
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I don't like that I'm really homesick already too :-(

It's not too cold yet which is good.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X