No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor Eh-T ... it's a good thing we tease the ones we love on here, eh?

In costuming news, I picked up the major piece for mine today - am so bouncing!
    Now to decide on level of makeup ... and whether or not a tiara should be involved. Hmmmm...
    ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
    ames on facebook
    ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
      Just bought my flight, so now that it's real-- Abnormals ball costume: steampunk badassery or TARDIS?
      I have no idea what either are lol.
      I'm not going to be doing a costume, it's so not a Dutch thing. Maybe some glitters again.
      sigpic

Comment

Amanda confirming her presence at AT6 from her Twitter

Fear not AT6 ers. I have cleared the dates. I will be there!!! Xoxo
        No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Hello guys,
          I can't wait to meet you in November I hope you have a great time now.
          We still need to survive almost 2 months
          Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
          / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
            I'm not going to be doing a costume, it's so not a Dutch thing. Maybe some glitters again.
            Are you sure?? Some of the craziest costume stuff I've seen in fandom was done by a Dutch girl. Ever heard of Nelleke? She did a near perfect 'Nem' and a wonderful 'Ironshirt' at costume parties in Vancouver and for that other event company that no longer does events in London. I'm wondering if I have only known the crazier element of the Dutch population. Maybe that's why they made me an honorary Dutchie...

Mumsey
            For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
              Are you sure?? Some of the craziest costume stuff I've seen in fandom was done by a Dutch girl. Ever heard of Nelleke? She did a near perfect 'Nem' and a wonderful 'Ironshirt' at costume parties in Vancouver and for that other event company that no longer does events in London. I'm wondering if I have only known the crazier element of the Dutch population. Maybe that's why they made me an honorary Dutchie...

Mumsey
              Hehe ... Not going to comment on that last part

I do have to admit that below the rivers, they celebrate 'carnaval' and there's a lot of dress up going on then. But above the rivers (where I live) ... no .. (We think carnaval is a bit silly .. lol).
              I have never seen anyone in a costume over here for a party or something like that. The only times I wore a costume (when I was much younger btw) was for playback acts.

No, I don't know Nelleke. Not in fandom anymore?
              Though I guess I wouldn't know every Dutch person who is in fandom .. lol.
              Last edited by SamJackShipLover; 19 September 2012, 10:17 AM. Reason: Spelling
              sigpic

Comment

Having lived below the rivers for 18 years, I can call myself an wee bit of a Dutchie and anyone who knows me..knows I love costumes (mostly owning) but am prone to wear them when the occasion arises
                sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                  Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                  Are you sure?? Some of the craziest costume stuff I've seen in fandom was done by a Dutch girl.
                  I'm wondering if I have only known the crazier element of the Dutch population.
                  Mumsey
                  Having married into a Dutch family I assure you, there's a lot of crazy Dutchies out there. I hope it's not contagious.
                  My sister in law had an "F" themed party for her 40th this year, where we had to dress up as something that started with the letter F. However, I suspect the insanity of the current wave of dress up parties in our family lately is due more to the Smith family influence after one of the Smith uncles...ok not one but 3, had dress up parties...and of course the crazier the better. I blame the Scottish influence. Tho having said that, hubby's uncle & auntie are a part of a Dutch dancing troupe & they love dressing up in their Dutch costumes.
                  However, I won't be dressing up either...well not dressing up up...tho I might have something I can attach to my halo.
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

50 days til AT6 Ripples!!
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Well I am rooming with Claire who will probably put on a costume - but as for me - nope! I am going as an "adnormal" and not giving away what I can do. But nobody will be able to see it! So just going in street clothes! And for those of you whose mind goes that direction - no just normal clothes - hmmm I guess my mind went in that direction when I reread what I wrote!
                      sigpic

Comment

LOL!!!

I've decided instead of going with 'horny ames' again, I'm building a costume that's easy to transport, is unique (and yet so appropriate for me!), and will grow over time as I get enough funds to pick up new items to add to it. I've already gotten two of the pieces ... just need a couple more things and I'll be good to go for this time around!
                        ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                        ames on facebook
                        ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                          Well I am rooming with Claire who will probably put on a costume - but as for me - nope! I am going as an "adnormal" and not giving away what I can do. But nobody will be able to see it! So just going in street clothes! And for those of you whose mind goes that direction - no just normal clothes - hmmm I guess my mind went in that direction when I reread what I wrote!

I reckon none of us really need to dress up in any costumes - we're all superbly abnormal in our own special abnormal way.
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

48 days til AT6 Ripples!!

We're in the forties!! Oh how I love the forties - such a nice number!
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Samcarterrules...julia...happy birthday you old fart!!!! (I CAN SAY THAT BECAUSE I'M A LITTLE OLDER THAN HER)

Comment

LOL, thanks

I boughtsome new clothes for going away the other day! I can't wait! Still counting down the days

Julia(samcarterrules)
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Working...
                                X