X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      I will be a "maybe" so won't add my name to the list. Not sure what my plans are in and around the event yet.

Oh, just a reminder to save some change for the shoes and not spend it all on chocolate!
      Shoes - already packed away! I wrote on the box so I know which one contains them - wouldn't miss that for anything!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
        Shoes - already packed away! I wrote on the box so I know which one contains them - wouldn't miss that for anything!
        I am definitely going to have to get an extra SD card for my camera - and an extra battery pack.
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

OTness of ames:
          Spoiler:

...and on less than 4 hours of sleep, I get the angsty phone call that the wedding is off.
          I...showed possibly less than the amount of sympathy (ire? righteous indignation? empathy?) required (being not really awake and all), b/c she then called mom at work. Now all three of us are tired and miserable. *headdesk*ooooh -- flat surface....zzzzzzz*

On the upside, the rather frazzled-sounding super assures me the hot water will be back on by 7pm. Not super helpful for me getting a non-freezing shower before work @3, but for that I'm heading out to the war zone (otherwise known as my sis' place)...It's been 4 days since my last shower with hot water and I def need one in order to function as a proper human for work tonight!

Work is being a joy... the coworkers that know I got the new job have been teasing me relentlessly - even my team lead, who keeps pointing out that he needs to get as much riling in now as possible, b/c in a month I'll be training him (he took the other wiring job but has no experience in the area, so yeah - I'll get to train him. Joyjoy) ... and then returns at the end of shift to give me a hard time about not having my area done yet. *headdesk*repeat* I know it's good-natured teasing, but ... did I mention a hot shower would go a long way towards making me respond like a semi-normal human being??? *breathes*attempts to not doze off* Caffeine will definitely be making an appearance on the way into work today!!!

Looking forward to seeing all y'all in November
          We seem to have oodles of new ideas for fund-raising - awesome!!
          *continues to gather pennies -- that is still a valid form of currency over there, right?*
          ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
          ames on facebook
          ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
            OTness of ames:
            Spoiler:

On the upside, the rather frazzled-sounding super assures me the hot water will be back on by 7pm. Not super helpful for me getting a non-freezing shower before work @3, but for that I'm heading out to the war zone (otherwise known as my sis' place)...It's been 4 days since my last shower with hot water and I def need one in order to function as a proper human for work tonight!

Looking forward to seeing all y'all in November
            We seem to have oodles of new ideas for fund-raising - awesome!!
            *continues to gather pennies -- that is still a valid form of currency over there, right?*
            Why, I believe they are.

Reply to Ames' OTness:
            Spoiler:

OK, here's what you gotta do: take a bucket, a water boiler and a cup.
            My kitchen water boiler holds about 1 liter(less than a quarter of a gallon).
            Fill it up and heat it twice, fill the rest of the bucket with cold water.
            That usually is enough for me to get somewhat of a shower and I even managed to wash my hair.
            Then again, mine is a lot shorter than yours but 10 liters of warm water to wash with is better than cold water.

Comment

Post 1500 is dedicated to this message: AMANDA ROCKS THE ROCKROCK!

...and thanks for the suggestion Nicky,
              Spoiler:
              I know Dad did the boiling water thing for his shower yesterday and today. I did the 'skip hair' thing yesterday (in which case I can handle the cold water in small doses LOL). What I don't understand is I can totally enjoy swimming in colder water - but in a shower, which is somewhat basically similar? Not so much! I guess it's an expectation thing - when jumping into a lake you expect cold water. When turning on the 'hot' tap, not really expecting frigidness...
              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
              ames on facebook
              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Remember to take extra money for one off raffle prize I will be donating a SG-1 Sam Carter green BDU trousers and black t-shirt (yes worn by Amanda during filming) with certificate of auth...all money going to charity S4K.

see you all soon...
                sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                  Chocolate party attendees:

NZNeep (Eileen)
                  Spacegirlnz (Emma)
                  Zippy (Sammy)
                  ATFan (Amanda)
                  ames
                  llp (Laurie)
                  Chelle
                  I'm a maybe.
                  sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

i'm a definitely not.i have a great dane now. i can't afford chocolate.

Comment

78 days til AT6 Ripples!!
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                        i'm a definitely not.i have a great dane now. i can't afford chocolate.

And you definately can't bring the chocolate back to your baby!

For those that don't know - a word of warning - extremely dangerous to give chocolate to dogs - can at the least make them very ill! And you don't want to know what the other alternative is! Never give chocolate of pets!

So how is your baby doing....haven't seen any new pictures recently! Come on Mocha - you have to share your baby pictures.
                        sigpic

Comment

i've been trying to send a couple but always get the message that they are too big. don't know how to make them smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                            i've been trying to send a couple but always get the message that they are too big. don't know how to make them smaller.
                            Do you use Photobucket? If not, it's a free online site where you can load pictures to GW and other places quite easily. You just have to register for it....they won't send you anything. Anyhow, they have software on their site that allows you to cut down the size, pixels, etc. as well as store the pictures up there on the site as well. Been using it ever since Jumble told me about it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Mocha:

if you have photoshop bring in the pic and under file go to "save for the web" . It reduces the size of the pic from megs to kbs. I'm pretty sure all programs like PS do the same thing.

It was good seeing you on Saturday.

Comment

you too, thanks for the tip. i'll try it later.

Comment

Working...
                                X