No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations mocha - Bubba looks sooo cute...reminds me of my boy - Billy has the head of a Dane but the rest of him is Mastiff. He's got some health problems at the moment with his spine & feet. He gets like this every winter.
    Can't wait to hear more about Bubba.
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Oh my... got home from work (long trip involving an 8.30pm finish, a car parked in a blustery outdoor carpark at the waterfront with no charge in its battery, a walk to the train station, a broken down train and a bus ride home) to find a new addition to our family!

My brother, sister-in-law and nephew are living with us while they buy their house. The new house has a massive yard and is fully fenced so they have been eyeing up staffy bull terrier puppies... but today they brought home a 3 year old shih tzu named Rosie. Her old owners are moving to Australia and can't keep her. Apparently there were many tears, promises to visit and pledges to put photos of the doggy on facebook My Magnus is not impressed, but has been behaving himself and seems intrigued to meet another dog as little as him.

So when they move into their new house in 6 weeks they will be taking their massive HD tv, their coffee machine (sob) and their doggy.
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I take it that it's a good coffee machine?

My little guy is always intrigued when Charlie (my daughter's Yorkie) comes to stay with us when they go out of town. He seems to like having another Yorkie around for a few days, as long as he minds his manners!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]35003[/ATTACH]YEAH!!!!!!! they have a match for me. a 16month old great dane called rocky/astro. he's fawn color like astro on the jetsons. when i get him he will be known as "Bubba The Moose" he's healthy and a goof who likes to sit on furniture, not climb on, but back up and sit on it. he wants to be with his people all the time, he doesn't like to be left outside after doing his thing, might try to jump fence we were warned by foster dad. needs obedience training , but is well behaved. likes to jump up and bump people, that will have to be corrected. he is not destructive when left alone, but will crate for a while till we're sure he won't eat my drum set or drink out of my aquarium. we should have him by the end of the week. he currently lives in alabama.transport has not yet been arranged. i know my broken heart will start healing as soon as we get this fur ball. neighbors are all pretty excited too. they loved Mocha and will hopefully love Bubba too. i know that i already do. so happy now.
          Big puppy but a pretty boy. Bubba the Moose - love the name. I'm sure you will gently whip him into shape in no time. One question - are you also still taking the 5 year old as well?
          sigpic

Comment

Congrats on your big pup, Mocha!
            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
              Big puppy but a pretty boy. Bubba the Moose - love the name. I'm sure you will gently whip him into shape in no time. One question - are you also still taking the 5 year old as well?
              no, they said she wasn't a good match and we shouldn't change what we originally wanted just because we are in a hurry to get a dog. this dane is a God-send. he just became available sunday. can't tell me God didn't have a hand in this. they are trying to get him to us sat. if not, then it will be next sat. can't wait.

Comment

ok, have to tell a story to emphasize what a goof this dog is. his foster father told me that he gave him a milk bone this morning. the dog took it and walked away. a few hours later the guy was laying on the couch and the dog walked over to him, put the milkbone on the guys shoulder then climbed onto the couch and laid with him. i thought that was such a funny story.

Comment

he still had the milkbone from the morning???? wow!
                  sigpic

Comment

Magnus just ate Rosie's pig's ear. Rosie don't care.
                    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                      he still had the milkbone from the morning???? wow!
                      He must have hidden it somewhere! Magnus "buries" his treats under pillows and makes the rounds at bedtime. He gets upset when people go to bed, as if they are stealing his treats.
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

114 days til AT6 Ripples!!
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

MAKE SOME RIPPLES BEFORE AT6
                          GIVE A LITTLE EXTRA TO SANCTUARY FOR KIDS NOW IN HONOR OF OLYMPIC TORCH RUNNERS
                          #TorchFaceLondon2012
                          USE THIS TAG WHEN YOU DONATE
                          LET'S MAKE GIVING AN OLYMPIC SPORT!!!
                          Done!
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

So many things to do before I leave in 107 days...it's almost overwhelming if I think about it too much.
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I leave in 75 days.
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

no, they said she wasn't a good match and we shouldn't change what we originally wanted just because we are in a hurry to get a dog. this dane is a God-send. he just became available sunday. can't tell me God didn't have a hand in this. they are trying to get him to us sat. if not, then it will be next sat. can't wait.
                                Hope he is there this Saturday....he needs your home as much as you need him. Very happy for you and expect pictures! BTW - did he ever eat the milkbone?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X