No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAKE SOME RIPPLES BEFORE AT 6 GIVE A LITTLE EXTRA TO SANCTUARY FOR KIDS NOW IN HONOR OF OLYMPIC TORCH RUNNERS
    #TorchFaceLondon2012
    USE THIS TAG WHEN YOU DONATE

LET'S MAKE GIVING AN OLYMPIC SPORT!!!

Comment

Hey Eh-T.... Just realized I somehow never got your ticket number for the cocktail party table and your inbox is full. PM me please?

Comment

118 days til AT6 Ripples!!
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

finally bought my air tickets today. the price i got was lower than when i 1st checked prices several months ago. united was $50 cheaper each way than the other airlines. brit air was the highest. now to go thru and check all the train prices to see if a rail pas will save me money. i like that i just buy the pass and not serarate tickets for everything and din't have to make reservations. if i miss a train, just use the pass and catch the next one. good for the heathrow express too. fun times ahead.

dog news-still no match for us, but the more i think about it the more i'd like to get the 5 yr old who is available. she's supposed to be a real goof with a great personality and the more i see her picture the more i'm already falling in love with her. she looks goofy, she'll fit in fine with us. can't wait. they have till end of july to find a match or the 5yr old is mine.

Comment

Rail passes are a great way to go. I've loved using them. So very convenient.

Fingers crossed on the dog front!
            sigpic

Comment

Sat down with my sister, mum and travel agent to nut out dates this morning. Normally I buy airfares online but this trip is more complex. SO exciting.

On and on Friday morning when my train pulled up to the station an English guy waiting near me said "please mind the gap." It was fantastic.
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Trindajae View Post
                Hey Eh-T.... Just realized I somehow never got your ticket number for the cocktail party table and your inbox is full. PM me please?
                Done

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                finally bought my air tickets today. the price i got was lower than when i 1st checked prices several months ago. united was $50 cheaper each way than the other airlines. brit air was the highest. now to go thru and check all the train prices to see if a rail pas will save me money. i like that i just buy the pass and not serarate tickets for everything and din't have to make reservations. if i miss a train, just use the pass and catch the next one. good for the heathrow express too. fun times ahead.

dog news-still no match for us, but the more i think about it the more i'd like to get the 5 yr old who is available. she's supposed to be a real goof with a great personality and the more i see her picture the more i'm already falling in love with her. she looks goofy, she'll fit in fine with us. can't wait. they have till end of july to find a match or the 5yr old is mine.
                Didn't want to say it but was thinkjing it.

Every time I look at the ticket price from here, it keeps going up.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                Sat down with my sister, mum and travel agent to nut out dates this morning. Normally I buy airfares online but this trip is more complex. SO exciting.

On and on Friday morning when my train pulled up to the station an English guy waiting near me said "please mind the gap." It was fantastic.
                Awesome!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  Every time I look at the ticket price from here, it keeps going up.
                  Eh-T, I just checked KLM and Air Canada ... they're both down flying out of TO - as in if I was able to book right now, I'd be spending less on my flight than I did for AT5 kind of savings.

That's it - on Monday, I'm going to HR to find out a dang timeline for the job postings, because I need to book flights! Gargh! (On one hand, I'm glad they dragged their feet on the last posting, because the job I actually wanted has been posted since, so I wasn't locked into the first one and could apply for the one I really want... but on the other hand - it's been almost two months! *glares in general direction of HR office* I mean really, just let me know if I'll be switching shifts already, so I can confirm my time off requests with the relevant boss and book my tickets!!! *takes deep breath*

In random news of the OTness,
                  Spoiler:
                  I think I must have done something right somewhere along the line while teaching in England. I had a former student contact me today to catch up on life, and he felt comfortable enough to discuss some serious life changes going on, trusting that I would be supportive of his choices - or at the very least understanding. I told him that I was proud of him for standing up for what he believes in and being true to himself, and we had a lovely chat about some of the ins and outs of his situation. So while I do have memories of my shortcomings as an educator/role model, apparently I left a lasting positive impression in other regards! Yay for not being a complete fail! (Okay, I know I sound like I'm being drastically hard on myself, but when you're put in the position of not only leaving your chosen vocation under duress, but also being used as a scapegoat during the process, it's *really* hard to not focus solely on the negatives. So this convo popping up out of the blue was a nice shot of reminder that I did some good too!)

Anyway, hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend *hugs thread*
                  ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                  ames on facebook
                  ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

116 days til AT6 Ripples!!
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      I think I must have done something right somewhere along the line while teaching in England. I had a former student contact me today to catch up on life, and he felt comfortable enough to discuss some serious life changes going on, trusting that I would be supportive of his choices - or at the very least understanding. I told him that I was proud of him for standing up for what he believes in and being true to himself, and we had a lovely chat about some of the ins and outs of his situation. So while I do have memories of my shortcomings as an educator/role model, apparently I left a lasting positive impression in other regards! Yay for not being a complete fail! (Okay, I know I sound like I'm being drastically hard on myself, but when you're put in the position of not only leaving your chosen vocation under duress, but also being used as a scapegoat during the process, it's *really* hard to not focus solely on the negatives. So this convo popping up out of the blue was a nice shot of reminder that I did some good too!)

Anyway, hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend *hugs thread*
                      You be surprised how much good you do Ames. *hugs* xo
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

i think they have a dog for me...so excited...more to follow!!!!!!!

Comment

YEAH!!!!!!! they have a match for me. a 16month old great dane called rocky/astro. he's fawn color like astro on the jetsons. when i get him he will be known as "Bubba The Moose" he's healthy and a goof who likes to sit on furniture, not climb on, but back up and sit on it. he wants to be with his people all the time, he doesn't like to be left outside after doing his thing, might try to jump fence we were warned by foster dad. needs obedience training , but is well behaved. likes to jump up and bump people, that will have to be corrected. he is not destructive when left alone, but will crate for a while till we're sure he won't eat my drum set or drink out of my aquarium. we should have him by the end of the week. he currently lives in alabama.transport has not yet been arranged. i know my broken heart will start healing as soon as we get this fur ball. neighbors are all pretty excited too. they loved Mocha and will hopefully love Bubba too. i know that i already do. so happy now.

Comment

Eh-T, I just checked KLM and Air Canada ... they're both down flying out of TO - as in if I was able to book right now, I'd be spending less on my flight than I did for AT5 kind of savings.
                            Thank you for the reminder that I needed to keep checking on a different flight.

Spoiler:
                            Been there. It's nice when you get something good that you can balance out the hurt with.

Mocha, I'm glad they found a new friend for you!

Comment

Wonderful news about Bubba The Moose! 16 months is perfect age - young enough to train well but old enough to be past puppy nonsense. Hope you get transport arranged soon.
                              sigpic

Comment

Yay for Bubba the Moose!
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X