GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
    checked the air fares and they are down around $100 each way from when i last looked several months ago.
    Thanks for the heads up. My flight went down $125 round trip so I think it might be time to buy. I am not 100% sure on my dates though. I might just do what I did for AT5 - fly out Wed night to arrive Thursday afternoon and then stay until Tuesday and take the noon flight to get back to LA by 3pm (though I probably won't be home til after 5 with customs and baggage and such).

These are the days I have the hotel reserved for at the moment. Without any definite plans about what I am going to do in London (the ballet and maybe a Shakespeare play are on my list), maybe my default is the best.

Sorry, just working things out in my brain

Comment

i plan to buy either later this week or early next week. hope they don't go back up before then.

Comment

I wish ours would go down ... the rate from Toronto has been pretty static for months now! Then again, I can't do anything until I find out the status of my potential shift change anyway, so *shrug*

Glad to hear others are doing well with their flight purchases though!
        ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
        ames on facebook
        ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

I checked the airline I'll be using and am glad I bought a few months back when I did. Same flight out is now $125 more than it was. Not sure why when others airlines are going down in price, but perhaps they're just giving seat sales to fill up what they have left?

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
            Oh Julia, I am so sorry. Hugs.

Guys, I had another quilting class with one of the Eh-T triplets this weekend. I made her a cup of tea. Since the last class she has ditched the second hand Singer and bought herself a new sewing machine. So yes, a creepy Eh-T doppleganger update for you all. As for me, I snapped a sewing machine needle by putting my finger under it. It didn't go into the finger itself but went through the nail, destroying my perfect nail polish.
            Hmmm...you've never made me a cup of tea (the fact I don't drink tea is beside the point).

Is the doppleganger creepy or the fact you are giving us updates creepy?

As for putting your finger under sewing needles...that's enough of that!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

OK, plane ticket bought! I decided to go with the default days like I did for AT5.

I will be landing at about 1:15 on Thursday afternoon. And I will be taking off at noon on Tuesday. Same flights as last time

I need to stop spending money! I bought tickets to book of Mormon on Saturday, a new laptop on Monday, a big dental bill yesterday, plane ticket yesterday and contacts today. Gah!

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                OK, plane ticket bought! I decided to go with the default days like I did for AT5.

I will be landing at about 1:15 on Thursday afternoon. And I will be taking off at noon on Tuesday. Same flights as last time

I need to stop spending money! I bought tickets to book of Mormon on Saturday, a new laptop on Monday, a big dental bill yesterday, plane ticket yesterday and contacts today. Gah!

Maybe this will help curb your spending...that's quite enough of that!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  Maybe this will help curb your spending...that's quite enough of that!
                  Thanks. I think I am done spending (at least on big things) for now. Though I do need to get my car serviced before the drive down to Comic Con next month.

At least the Comic Con hotel and tickets and parking is already paid for so I don't have to worry about all that - just food while I am there. And all the geeky goodies we end up going home with!

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                    Thanks. I think I am done spending (at least on big things) for now. Though I do need to get my car serviced before the drive down to Comic Con next month.

At least the Comic Con hotel and tickets and parking is already paid for so I don't have to worry about all that - just food while I am there. And all the geeky goodies we end up going home with!
                    Wow, the badge actually worked for once!

Your mention of CC makes me a bit sad as Sanctuary will not be there for the frist time in years.

Comment

EH-T i was just wondering, will you be going curling when you get to the uk this year?

Comment

If anyone is going curling, I'm keen! My sister will be too!
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Sorry ladies, wasn't planning on it. It was hisg1fans who did all the work organizing it last time. Given my work situation, I won't have the time to organize anything. Also, because I am bringing my nephew and he doesn't curl, it was not on my agenda this time.

Comment

ok, just a thought. i got hooked on curling when watching the winter olympics. i even figured out the scoring and understood some of the strategies. i'm sure i'll find other ways to entertain myself, like causing trouble. i'm getting pretty good at that.

Comment

145 days til AT6 Ripples!!
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Holy buckets - Once Upon a Time has hit GateWorld - I'm Belle! Nooooooo! I'm doomed to be with Rumpelstiltskin...working as Charmings stablemaster??? Someone throw me a red apple!!
                                Wait - EH-T is Rumpelstiltskins house keeper - maybe I'm not so doomed.
                                Mocha is my librarian...fetch me a book!!!
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X