No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another trick about buying flights is the day of the week you book it on and what day you choose to fly out.

Tuesday is usually the best day to book and I was able to save $ by leaving on a Thursday instead of the planned Friday I was originally going with.

Comment

i'll buy when i get enough money. aer lingus is cheaper but they have stop overs in dublin. don't want any stop overs. just want to get there and get off the dang thing.

Comment

Just a little something to soothe us all as we contemplate fuel and air fare prices...

http://youtu.be/SPVADbK0yIs

Comment

Said I'd report back when I've been to see the Harry Potter Experience @ the Warner Brothers Studios..well me and Mr Deeds went today....

OMG it was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!...I have had the best day since I stood on that ramp in front of the Stargate for the first time in 2006!!...totally worth it, such great fun and at one stage I actually had tears of real emotion in my eyes (right near the end to be exact)...I have spent a lot of money on souvenirs - which aren't that cheap, but again good quality and lots of them...but the whole experience of the set pieces, the Great Hall, the backlot as well as the WONDERFUL artwork and Creature Features is just jaw dropping!...

If you can get tickets and find time to fit it in then go....it's just off Junction 20 of the M25 heading back towards London and we spent a good 4-5 hours there today...could have spent longer too if we wanted....

Will be uploading a few of my photos (if they came out ok) to photobucket over the course of the next week and for those that don't mind spoilers I'll stick the link up when they're up...

I have a wand at last too!!!..

Deeds xx
          sigpic
          Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
          MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
            Said I'd report back when I've been to see the Harry Potter Experience @ the Warner Brothers Studios..well me and Mr Deeds went today....

OMG it was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!...I have had the best day since I stood on that ramp in front of the Stargate for the first time in 2006!!...totally worth it, such great fun and at one stage I actually had tears of real emotion in my eyes (right near the end to be exact)...I have spent a lot of money on souvenirs - which aren't that cheap, but again good quality and lots of them...but the whole experience of the set pieces, the Great Hall, the backlot as well as the WONDERFUL artwork and Creature Features is just jaw dropping!...

If you can get tickets and find time to fit it in then go....it's just off Junction 20 of the M25 heading back towards London and we spent a good 4-5 hours there today...could have spent longer too if we wanted....

Will be uploading a few of my photos (if they came out ok) to photobucket over the course of the next week and for those that don't mind spoilers I'll stick the link up when they're up...

Deeds xx
            Thanks Deeds. Good to know. For those of us who would not have a vehicle, is it easy to get to the studio?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

That I don't know I'm afraid...we drove (and hit a horrendous traffic jam on the way - only just made our tour time with 10 mins to spare)...I would like to think there was public transport route easily marked but I have no idea what it's like as it's an area I don't know that well at all...

It's not in the centre of London that's for sure...

I do believe the website does have transport info clearly marked though...

Deeds xx
              sigpic

Comment

That I don't know I'm afraid...we drove (and hit a horrendous traffic jam on the way - only just made our tour time with 10 mins to spare)...I would like to think there was public transport route easily marked but I have no idea what it's like as it's an area I don't know that well at all...

Deeds xx
                Thanks. I tried the link before and it wasn't working for me but I'll try again.

Comment

Here is the information in case anyone else is interested:

The nearest railway station is Watford Junction; there are direct trains from both London Euston (20 minute journey) and Birmingham New Street (1 hour journey). A shuttle bus will run from Watford Junction to the Studio Tour, with a journey time of around 15 minutes. Plan to arrive at Watford Junction 45 minutes before the time stated on your ticket, and have your ticket or booking confirmation ready when boarding the shuttle bus.

Comment

Deeds xx
                    Thanks Deeds, that's all good to know. I'm gong a week Friday and really looking forward to it!

Tracy

Comment

Originally posted by t_2 View Post
                      Thanks Deeds, that's all good to know. I'm gong a week Friday and really looking forward to it!

Tracy
                      I'm sure you know this Tracy but I should just warn others that you have to buy tickets in advance as they don't sell tickets at the studio. So anyone planning to go around AT6 should make arrangements well in advance.

Comment

As to buying plane tickets; I've been told that 45-60 days in advance and try to buy on Tuesday. The "deals" come out on Monday nights. Flying Tuesday and Thursdays are cheaper also. Don't really know what effect the Olympics will have. I just hope everyone will have gone somewhere else by October. Here's hoping

Comment

Deeds xx
                          Thanks for the info and the rave reviews! It's on our list so I'll pass your thoughts onto them.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                          Here is the information in case anyone else is interested:

The nearest railway station is Watford Junction; there are direct trains from both London Euston (20 minute journey) and Birmingham New Street (1 hour journey). A shuttle bus will run from Watford Junction to the Studio Tour, with a journey time of around 15 minutes. Plan to arrive at Watford Junction 45 minutes before the time stated on your ticket, and have your ticket or booking confirmation ready when boarding the shuttle bus.
                          Thank you! So, it looks like leaving for a scheduled timed slot might have to be at least two hours prior; hour for the journey, barring any delays of course, and being at least 45 min early at Watford. Plus the 15 min bus ride...

I'm sure you know this Tracy but I should just warn others that you have to buy tickets in advance as they don't sell tickets at the studio. So anyone planning to go around AT6 should make arrangements well in advance.
                          Yeah, saw that. Will pass this on as well so we make sure to purchase tickets ahead of time.

Comment

Yep, booked our tickets over a month ago as there were very few slots available around my daughter's birthday. And that's another tip, if it's still as popular, you will need to book your tickets a couple of months in advance to get the day and timeslot that you want

Comment

Yep, my son wanted to go the very first day...4 of his group tried online at the same time to get them... but they went within minutes of going on sale....he did get the 2nd day though...loved it too....

Have just scanned my "photo ops" in...hilarious!.....so glad we did it...although I expect me and the hubby were probably the oldest witch and wizard in town on a broom!!!..*snerk*...

Deeds xx
                              sigpic

Comment

The best days to fly depends a lot on with which airline you choose to fly.
                                AirCanada, for example, is cheaper on Mon/Tues/Wed.

On a personal note, I have good news and no news.
                                GN: on Friday we were told we were getting a retroactive 'stipend', which basically translates into a raise so long as I'm on this shift. (It only affects wkd shift, so when I'm told to return to my 'home' shift on afternoons, I'll no longer receive the extra stipend.)
                                NN: even though we were told we would have our vacation requests approved by Sunday, they actually MEANT Mon (b/c once again, HR forgot there's a wkd shift *rolls eyes*) so I won't know until Fri when I go in again. Although tbf, since I had to book as if I was wkd and theoretically I'll be back on aft shift by then, it's pretty useless for booking flights. A point I made when asked to put my request in, but who listens to me, right? *headdesk*

But hey - a raise (sort of)! That means I can shunt a bit more into the AT6 fund (which is good b/c due to extenuating circumstances, like the bank randomly raising my interest rate on my LOC by 3% grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and my car deciding it really didn't like its battery any more and could I please purchase a new one if I wanted it to, y'know, run ever again..., my funds aren't where they're supposed to be by now)!
                                ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                                ames on facebook
                                ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Working...
                                X