GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
    Curious question, but by some miracle we hear from Syfy that they've renewed Sanctuary for a 5th season and filming must begin right away.

Would this put AT6 in jeopardy with AT too busy to spare a weekend away?

Just wondering.
    Since AT6 is in November, I don't think so. They would be in post production by then.
    sigpic

Comment

Well, that's if Sanctuary starts filming now, right?

We still haven't heard anything yet so who knows how long it might be before official word from Syfy comes.

Comment

What we do know is that even if they got the greenlight from SyFy, they would then need to get the funding in order, then find a place to film as they no longer have the Norco studio, and then get the gang back together - there may not be any new Sanctuary eps this fall but who knows what will happen for next year - that's what they're hoping for now.
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          One advantage of a landline.....it works even if the power is out. Lose the power to the cell towers and your cell phone is a paperweight. In the land of natural disasters, wind storms and tornadoes, landlines come in handy.

It's jsut like all these folks that live on their debit card and never have cash.....well a substantial power outage and the ATM's and credit machines don't work. Your card is worthless.

It's cool that people depend on the modern conveniences, but I think they're also taken for granted.
          The opposite was actually true after the Chch earthquake. Emergency services were asking people to use text messages where ever possible so the networks wouldn't be overloaded. Cell phone networks were still working where phone lines had been downed or severed.

As for the eftpos card, yup. That would be a problem for me.

In other news, my hoodie arrived! Thanks guys! So glad I got the small... Antoa, it is more fitted than the GABIT hoodies if that helps. It still has enough room for another thin warm layer under if needed. I love it. My mum loves her t-shirt, but is eyeing up my hoodie.
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
            The opposite was actually true after the Chch earthquake. Emergency services were asking people to use text messages where ever possible so the networks wouldn't be overloaded. Cell phone networks were still working where phone lines had been downed or severed.
            Yup. Depends on kind of crisis and the technology involved. Redundancy, redundancy, redundancy.

Keely, the GPS on your cell phone will get them within about 300 yards (275 meters) of your location here, don't really know about over there if they've fine-tuned it more than that. Really, really useful if you're outdoors or on stretches of highway between towns. Less useful if that 300 yards happens to include 4 tall office blocks. It doesn't have any sort of vertical indicator, so there's no way to know what floor a person is on or where in the building they are.

As for 112 working for all GSM phones everywhere worldwide, I'd be very skeptical of this. Half of the networks here are CDMA and most people have no idea what kind of network their phone carrier uses. Plus, it's a lot of faith to place in an individual phone company having programmed all of their computers correctly. Better to know the emergency number for anyplace you're traveling through. [/soapbox]

Back on topic, have we heard rumblings yet about when season 4 will be out on DVD?

Comment

Originally posted by Trindajae View Post
              Back on topic, have we heard rumblings yet about when season 4 will be out on DVD?
              Apparently the dvd's will be released in July.
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                What we do know is that even if they got the greenlight from SyFy, they would then need to get the funding in order, then find a place to film as they no longer have the Norco studio, and then get the gang back together - there may not be any new Sanctuary eps this fall but who knows what will happen for next year - that's what they're hoping for now.
                Heh, someone has inside info.

Thanks, booking my flight this morning (YUS!) and wouldn't want to go back to London unless I had a very good reason too. The vacation would still happen but there are plenty of other places in the world yet to see.

Comment

The fact that they no longer have the studio is kinda old news - the rest is both inside & outside info.
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    One advantage of a landline.....it works even if the power is out. Lose the power to the cell towers and your cell phone is a paperweight. In the land of natural disasters, wind storms and tornadoes, landlines come in handy.

It's jsut like all these folks that live on their debit card and never have cash.....well a substantial power outage and the ATM's and credit machines don't work. Your card is worthless.

It's cool that people depend on the modern conveniences, but I think they're also taken for granted.
                    There is always the car battery...until the car runs out of gas anyway.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                      Curious question, but by some miracle we hear from Syfy that they've renewed Sanctuary for a 5th season and filming must begin right away.

Would this put AT6 in jeopardy with AT too busy to spare a weekend away?

Just wondering.
                      AT3 was just before filming started on Sanctuary so no problem with AT sparing a weekend there. Started filming as soon as she got home.

They wouldn't film on the weekend and could always schedule scenes with others for the day(s) immediately prior to and after the weekend so I think it very unlikely she would have to reschedule the event. I think she has a bit of pull with the production and could pull it off.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post

As for the eftpos card, yup. That would be a problem for me.

In other news, my hoodie arrived! Thanks guys! So glad I got the small... Antoa, it is more fitted than the GABIT hoodies if that helps. It still has enough room for another thin warm layer under if needed. I love it. My mum loves her t-shirt, but is eyeing up my hoodie.
                      Tell Mom (in a very polite way of course) to get her own hoodie.

Originally posted by Trindajae View Post
                      Yup. Depends on kind of crisis and the technology involved. Redundancy, redundancy, redundancy.

Keely, the GPS on your cell phone will get them within about 300 yards (275 meters) of your location here, don't really know about over there if they've fine-tuned it more than that. Really, really useful if you're outdoors or on stretches of highway between towns. Less useful if that 300 yards happens to include 4 tall office blocks. It doesn't have any sort of vertical indicator, so there's no way to know what floor a person is on or where in the building they are.

As for 112 working for all GSM phones everywhere worldwide, I'd be very skeptical of this. Half of the networks here are CDMA and most people have no idea what kind of network their phone carrier uses. Plus, it's a lot of faith to place in an individual phone company having programmed all of their computers correctly. Better to know the emergency number for anyplace you're traveling through. [/soapbox]

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                      Apparently the dvd's will be released in July.
                      July 17 is the NA release date. Day after my birthday so I know what I'm doing with my birthday money.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Still trying to figure out my mobile phone...my brother's old work one, it suppose to have internet on it.., thank god for my Ipod..free wifi at McDonalds yeah!!
                        Have normal line at home...only just got rid off old fashioned dial-up-network, have had broadband for past few months now..man where was I, still in the caves.
                        sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by clairec007 View Post
                          Still trying to figure out my mobile phone...my brother's old work one, it suppose to have internet on it.., thank god for my Ipod..free wifi at McDonalds yeah!!
                          Have normal line at home...only just got rid off old fashioned dial-up-network, have had broadband for past few months now..man where was I, still in the caves.
                          But caves can be nice and cozy!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            July 17 is the NA release date. Day after my birthday so I know what I'm doing with my birthday money.
                            Ah - 7 days after hubby & I celebrate 19 years of wedded bliss...guess what we're getting for our anniversary.
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by clairec007 View Post
                              Hah! I know the feeling when I switched. I still get a bit nostalgic when I hear the old modem noises you'd get when logging in.

And free Wifi rocks. I have an unlimited data plan with my carrier but sometimes I'll use the Wifi at home and away more than the 4g because it's always available wherever I go, and usually a quicker connection.

Comment

For those interested in sending mail to Amanda, you can do so by sending it:

C/o Play Management
                                220 - 807 Powell Street,
                                Vancouver BC,
                                V6A1H7
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X