GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
    Ummmm... shouldn't that be titled Bev for the banjo-playing frog? I see Froggie even has orange hair... keeping in with the orange theme.....
    Hmmm...it does show a striking resemblance to me.
    sigpic

Comment

Now would you believe it if I told you *some* people think I'm quiet as a mouse? As innocent as an angel? As....uh... well... it's Sunday night.... I'm low on the analogies here....
      No more analogies available at the moment.Got some analgesics though?
      If you really are as quiet as a mouse,then ,well, you probably won't stay that way for long !
      LOL! Yes Mum. I hear you Mum! (((FHB)))
      Ha ! I used to say that to my Mother.Never worked on her either.
      ((((((((((((SS)))))))))))
      Actually I did pick up the application and a fact sheet at a local post office yesterday. Very nice gentleman was informing me of all the passport-related services they offered including *expedited delivery.* I thanked him, informing him, no rush yet. I still have 10 months to go....
      So,basically,you got the soft sell and added the form to the "pending" pile ?

These Post Office clerks are way too soft .*Tuts* Now if you'd gone into a British P.O. in my day,they'd have had your wrists clamped to the counter till you agreed to do the paperwork right now.

(Or put the "Closed" sign up,and switched the light off,so they could scuttle off for a cuppa as soon as they'd thrown the forms in your general direction ! )

Actually the coinage in the bag was very interesting... Bev managed to have all the coins stamped with Jack's image on them.... I daren't eat them they're so pretty.... Hmmm... maybe Bev has been hanging around K too much... this sounds like an evil scheme to get me all bedazzled so I forget what I'm supposed to be doing..... like getting my passport..... settling on an itenerary so I can get my airline tickets....
      Oh dear.First chocolate-covered Jack.Now it's Jack-covered chocolate.Wee Hussie,that Bev !

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
      Two words : Jimmy wig !
      *Wanders off at a sauntering pace...picking up speed around the corner*
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 15 January 2006, 03:55 PM.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Must be the sticky-up hair
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS

Oh dear.First chocolate-covered Jack.Now it's Jack-covered chocolate.Wee Hussie,that Bev !

Two words : Jimmy wig !
          *Wanders off at a sauntering pace...picking up speed around the corner*
          Actually, being a Gateworld Gutter Gal means that I'm one of many hussies here. (and proud of it!)
          sigpic

Comment

I knew that !

*Throws Bar Bites* to Bev*

*ETA : Spicy peanuts on sale at the Ren.Hotel.V.yummy !

Comment

Actually, being a Gateworld Gutter Gal means that I'm one of many hussies here. (and proud of it!)
              I'm a part time Gutter Gal. When I catch up on the thread. You guys scare me a bit. I used to think I was dirty minded......

....Oh this thread is just running away and I can't keep up. Starting to get the impression that people like it that way.
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

If you really are as quiet as a mouse,then ,well, you probably won't stay that way for long !
                Ah no. Those that think that of me, just don't know me.... Not that we've talked.... but you haven't found me to be.... *wordy* have you?
                So,basically,you got the soft sell and added the form to the "pending" pile ?
                He did his polite darnedness to demonstrate how customer service friendly he was... *shrugs* I just didn't need his services yet.... and I give him a lot of credit for the excellent job he tried to do considering the image the P.O. still has....
                LOL! Now see... I was trying to reserve my hussiness for the Thunk thread! I figured if I said what I said it wouldn't sound so bad!!! But your way sounds equally as bad! (Sure you haven't been lurking the Thunk threads my friend???)
                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Ah no. Those that think that of me, just don't know me.... Not that we've talked.... but you haven't found me to be.... *wordy* have you?
                  Nope !
                  He did his polite darnedness to demonstrate how customer service friendly he was... *shrugs* I just didn't need his services yet.... and I give him a lot of credit for the excellent job he tried to do considering the image the P.O. still has....
                  Whenever you're ready,I'm sure he'll be there,and raring to do the "Expedited Delivery",should you actually want it.

LOL! Now see... I was trying to reserve my hussiness for the Thunk thread! I figured if I said what I said it wouldn't sound so bad!!! But your way sounds equally as bad! (Sure you haven't been lurking the Thunk threads my friend???)
                  Actually I went in for a friendly le..lurk earlier tonight,and came across some "Hamster Whumping". For a moment I thought someone was trying to beat up on a defenceless happy little rodent,but then I clicked on the image and was relieved to find they were only discussing the pros/cons of the Man's Moustache in some pics.

No Boonies-talk...I already had that argument months ago here,and lost !

Comment

Um...no.....not at all....Zzzzzzzzzz.....
                    sigpic

Comment

And the world of GABIT gets more and more confusing.

Comment

Actually I went in for a friendly le..lurk earlier tonight,and came across some "Hamster Whumping". For a moment I thought someone was trying to beat up on a defenceless happy little rodent,but then I clicked on the image and was relieved to find they were only discussing the pros/cons of the Man's Moustache in some pics.
                        Good one!

Um...do you want the polite response or the truth?
                        sigpic

Comment

No Boonies-talk...I already had that argument months ago here,and lost !
                          Hmmmm... were you Pro- or Anti-Boonie, pray tell?
                          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                            Um...do you want the polite response or the truth?
                            Um...no.....not at all....Zzzzzzzzzz.....
                            *sighs*

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                              And the world of GABIT gets more and more confusing.
                              It'll get less confusing,as you (and the other newer Gabiteers) get used to the rest of us,and there'll be far more to discuss re AT2,rather than stuff about Gabit 1,as time passes and the info comes out .

In the meantime,it's fun to chat and get to know everyone. The thread only seems a bit chaotic as there are actually far more people going from GW ,or joining from other groups,than last time,and with the forum glitches and time differences,there's a deluge of postings for a while and then a lull .

(Take tonight as an example..I couldn't get into the forum/thread properly for days,so it probably looks like I'm too chatty,but that's because I'm happy to get in and catch up.Other days,I only put one or two posts,if that,lol !)

ETA : To fix my post to answer K and S ! !
                              Originally posted by Kliggins
                              http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v257/kligg/orphans/laugh2.gif Good one!
                              It was ?
                              Hmmmm... were you Pro- or Anti-Boonie, pray tell?
                              I admit it.I was Pro-Boonie.I like it. Like I said though : I lost,overwhelmingly, and Boonies seem to be a bad influence on K and several others !

*Sigh*
                              I know when I'm overtired,when I lose quotes and struggle with edits and spellings .

Time to go bed,I think.

Have fun everyone.
                              Last edited by Bagpuss; 15 January 2006, 05:01 PM.

Comment

It'll get less confusing,as you (and the other newer Gabiteers) get used to the rest of us,and there'll be far more to discuss re AT2,rather than stuff about Gabit 1,as time passes and the info comes out .

In the meantime,it's fun to chat and get to know everyone. The thread only seems a bit chaotic as there are actually far more people going from GW ,or joining from other groups,than last time,and with the forum glitches and time differences,there's a deluge of postings for a while and then a lull .

(Take tonight as an example..I couldn't get into the forum/thread properly for days,so it probably looks like I'm too chatty,but that's because I'm happy to get in and catch up.Other days,I only put one or two posts,if that,lol !)

ETA : To fix my post to answer K and S ! !

It was ?

I admit it.I was Pro-Boonie.I like it. Like I said though : I lost,overwhelmingly, and Boonies seem to be a bad influence on K and several others !

*Sigh*
                                I know when I'm overtired,when I lose quotes and struggle with edits and spellings .

Time to go bed,I think.

Have fun everyone.
                                Yeah, I hope that's it. I do feel a little lost with all the reminiscing, you see. I'm a little scared I'll get very left out at AT2, but I guess there's still *checks wall chart* 304 days to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X