GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
    still have to find out if the busses around cardif are accessible. more research. it's gonna take me till november to figure all this out.
    Here's a few to help get you started.

http://www.cardiffbus.com

Cardiff City Centre Accessibility At A Glance (PDF)

http://www.city-sightseeing.com/tour-Cardiff

Comment

thanks Trin, i found one site that sounds pretty "traveline-cymru.org.uk" plan to check that out soon. they apparently know all the stuff about getting to all the sites outside of cardiff that i want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
        Maybe you shouldn't look directly at the sun. The dots would probably go away.
        Gee thanks. You are always so full of......advice.

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post
        Nice,

I don't know how many blocks are needed to finish it - Julia said the other day on Twitter but it's probs moved by now.

Jill mentioned building a house in honour of RDAs birthday on FaceBook, no clue about that one though
        Interesting. It would be great to get the RDA fans on board.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

[deleted line]
          We now have a full table.
          Last edited by Trindajae; 26 January 2012, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trindajae View Post
            [deleted line]
            Very nice, thank you Trin. I appreciate the effort you put out!
            sigpic

Comment

[deleted line]
              Bring on the food!

Comment

286 days, 14 hours,20 min till they bring on the food for the cocktail party-not that i'm counting. i just happened to find an app on my iphone and couldn't let it go to waste.

Comment

[deleted line]
                  ok, where is the list?

Comment

never mind.....They should have that notification thing in big red letters or something. maybe flashing lights and banners waving. i never notice it.

Comment

286 days, 14 hours,20 min till they bring on the food for the cocktail party-not that i'm counting. i just happened to find an app on my iphone and couldn't let it go to waste.
                      Hmmm....gonna be very hungry by then.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                        Hmmm....gonna be very hungry by then.
                        It's probably a good idea to eat a couple of times in the slightly more than 8 months before dinner.

On a slightly off-topic note, I'm going to be in London again in two weeks. I still haven't heard one way or the other if I've been accepted to the university I applied to, so I don't really have an itinerary. (If I get accepted, I'll be spending some quality time in Portsmouth to start getting acquainted with the geography.) I've done some of the major touristing in London and I'd like to get away from the city a bit. Anybody who has started their AT6 touristing research have any suggestions for day trips from London? Especially any recommendations for tour companies.

Oh, and anyone who is a day-trip away from London who wants to meet up for lunch, that's as much fun as touristing any day.

Comment

one of my many day trips was to Dover. you can see the white cliffs and on top of those white cliffs is Dover castle(which is a pretty neat castle) and there is also a light house on the castle grounds that was built by the Romans in the year 1AD. when it's clear you can see the coast of France from there. it will be cold, but it was a good day trip. it's about 2 hours by train.

Comment

one of my many day trips was to Dover. you can see the white cliffs and on top of those white cliffs is Dover castle(which is a pretty neat castle) and there is also a light house on the castle grounds that was built by the Romans in the year 1AD. when it's clear you can see the coast of France from there. it will be cold, but it was a good day trip. it's about 2 hours by train.
                            You should also look for the entrance to the bunker that was built under the castle into the face of the cliff. There's a walkway that was used by observers, looking across the harbour towards France. I belive that Churchill once visited there. Inside they have the rooms set up as they were during the war with radio equipment etc.

Mumsey
                            For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

I took the train down to Canterbury Cathedral. Make sure and buy a return ticket at the same time wherever you decide to go; it's cheaper

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                                You should also look for the entrance to the bunker that was built under the castle into the face of the cliff. There's a walkway that was used by observers, looking across the harbour towards France. I belive that Churchill once visited there. Inside they have the rooms set up as they were during the war with radio equipment etc.

Mumsey
                                they actually have a tour thru the tunnels. i didn't enjoy it much because i had to wait about 20 minutes outside waiting for it to start and was totally frozen by then. the tunnels weren't much warmer, but at least out of the wind and misting.

Comment

Working...
                                X