Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why can't i post?

Comment

i decided to just take a look at what air fares are to london for AT6. can't believe they have flights on american air for $86.00 one way. british air is $331. wish i knew for sure what dates i will be flying. i'd book now before they climb higher. i know when i have to be back, but not sure when i can leave. i better get busy and figure this out. it a lot less than i paid the last 2 times i jumped the puddle. has anyone been watching air fares?

Comment

Hey, y'all. Little question, how high can the auctions go for? My friend, Michelle and I plan to bid on stuff at the event, and we'd like to know how high bids can go.

Comment

depending on what is being auctioned, they have gone over a thousand. but there are things that go for less and there is also a silent auction where you can get things for less too. i actually bid $1800 for something at the auction at the sanctuary experience in vancouver, but as i remember almost everything went quite high at that auction.

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
            depending on what is being auctioned, they have gone over a thousand. but there are things that go for less and there is also a silent auction where you can get things for less too. i actually bid $1800 for something at the auction at the sanctuary experience in vancouver, but as i remember almost everything went quite high at that auction.
            Depending on what is up for bids, I've seen things go for under $50. I have seen a lot of large donations for things like phone calls from RDA.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
              i decided to just take a look at what air fares are to london for AT6. can't believe they have flights on american air for $86.00 one way. british air is $331. wish i knew for sure what dates i will be flying. i'd book now before they climb higher. i know when i have to be back, but not sure when i can leave. i better get busy and figure this out. it a lot less than i paid the last 2 times i jumped the puddle. has anyone been watching air fares?
              I've been watching the fares for a couple of months...have to buy my plane ticket in January/February...I'm looking at anywhere from $1800 upwards...if I'm lucky. But that's only if I don't fly into Heathrow as the taxes are a lot higher to fly into that airport. So I'm starting my journey in Germany. Last time I flew during off peak & it was a $2200 ticket to Dusseldorf then the flight from Amsterdam to London...I can't remember what it cost all up. I had fun though so it was worth the wait...and of course it hasn't detered me from saving again.
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I hope we get a hotel deal again like with AT4...I'd much prefer to stay at the Ren as I won't have far to fall...I mean walk at night.
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

*waves* Hey everyone,

Did everyone have a good Christmas? Time to pay for tickets soon isn't it? Squeeeee so exciting I can't wait!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                    *waves* Hey everyone,
                    Did everyone have a good Christmas? Time to pay for tickets soon isn't it? Squeeeee so exciting I can't wait!!
                    Julia(samcarterrules)
                    Had a great Christmas - you?
                    Time to pay tickets is fast approaching but I won't be putting up the countdown for that anymore as it would seem the date is no longer valid...look out for an email at the beginning of the year then we have 14 days to pay.
                    I actually took 3 days off to concide with the original date for payment so I could be home to pay it fast...oh well.
                    Still gonna take the kids to the movies on my three day leave. And weather permitting, we're going to the beach!
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                      Hey, y'all. Little question, how high can the auctions go for? My friend, Michelle and I plan to bid on stuff at the event, and we'd like to know how high bids can go.
                      As others have said, different items encourage different bids. Attendees have been very generous in the past and have even bid over £80 for an invisible nubbin! Just because they want to give to the charities. Some items have gone for £50 other more popular items like artwork painted by Amanda have gone for over a couple of thousand pounds. (You'll need to convert that back in your head to Canadian dollars) But there is the silent auction where you can bid for things which tend to be a lot less.

What you need to remember is that the auction is fun and entertaining and there to raise as much as we can for S4K and Hearing Dogs, and if the bids are too high to participate, it's still lots of fun to watch!

But please remember it is all in British pounds, so if the dollar/pound exchange rate is £1.00 = $1.50 you'll need to convert it in your head. Trin and her mum got carried away their first AT event and suddenly realised the item was more than they'd thought as they were thinking it was dollars instead of pounds!

Tracy
                      Gabit steward coordinator

Comment

FYI as not everyone is able to bid on some of the higher items, I will be offering at the cost of £1.00 per raffle ticket the chance for someone to win an original SG-1 Carter costume consisting of "Green BDU trousers and a black T-shirt" with auth.
                        More details to follow nearer the time, but have already got the OK from Rebecca Ford (Head of Charity) for this.

Bye for now.

Claire
                        x
                        sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

G4

Sorry to post here, but I looked on the Gabit site first and couldn't find an email link. Been conspiring with my Mom for a couple months now and we will have two donations for the charity auction. I guess I need the okay and what the process might be if approved. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Chelle, the email for donations for AT6 is [email protected] as per the link on the AT6 Gabit forum - Gabit Chat. Cheers

"Hello GABIT Attendees!

First of all may I say hello as the new head of charity for GABIT and how excited I am to continue in Sue's great footsteps of fundraising for two such worthy charities - Hearing Dogs for Deaf People and Sanctuary for Kids!

I am going to be collecting emails from now from anyone who wants to donate anything at all towards our fundraising efforts or has anything they want to run past me in terms of raising money for the charities and fundraising! Anything at all that falls into raising money or charity, please email me first and we can chat about it and go over it first! Smile
                            ([email protected])

We have many ways in which donated items are put to use for the charities, be that the main auction, the silent auction or tombola, anything is gratefully accepted and you all know best what sells and raises the most money for the charities!

If anyone has any Sanctuary or Stargate memorabilia, props, signed merchandise etc etc or anything like that that they want to donate to us for use in our various fundraising efforts please email me and let me know what it is! Smile

Thanks again for all your previous efforts in raising the staggering amount we raise every year! I hope to hear from you soon and any other questions, however small, just let me know!

Rebecca Ford (previously Hague)"
                            sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

Ah, didn't go into the Forum. Just the reg site and had a looksy. Thanks Claire.

Comment

I shall have to email Rebecca as to when they need the items...the sooner the better for me.

314 days til AT6 Ripples!

I bleached my S4K shirt today. Accidently of course but the weird thing was one spot stayed the original colour so I'm going to get some dye & fix it...that and my Sleepy Kitty shirt which went from grey to pink. Seriously, I feel like such a doofas, working in a laundry & I do this at home...honestly...I'm not using that bleach again...concentrated concentrate me thinks.
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X