GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
    If you check out this link it mentions modems in the rooms.
    Thanks, Bev !
    (I owe you a drinkie for that.Good site,so I'm bookmarking it,lol !)
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
      Thanks, Bev !
      (I owe you a drinkie for that.Good site,so I'm bookmarking it,lol !)
      I'll hold you to that drink! The hotel looks very good.
      sigpic

Comment

The drinkie's guaranteed Bev,and oh,yes, the hotel looks good.
        I've just been reading the "Amenities" section on that site link ,and it's very well equipped...even down to having a fitness room /spa !

Comment

I wonder how we'll fit in a visit to the fitness room/spa between all the drinking, eating, drinking, going to the off-license, drinking.....oh, and seeing Amanda!
          sigpic

Comment

Easy answer: drink plenty coffee, tea and DC ,and postpone sleep !

I may have probs,though, as I'll have to work on the Monday.That means going home Sunday night,but I think I'll catch up on any sleep deficit over the course of the Mon/Tues.
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 01 August 2005, 07:24 PM.

Comment

88 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!

Comment

Yes..88 days left and a new Roll Call.
                Welcome to MajorSamFan !

Mal
                F.H.Bagpuss
                Seabee
                ChopinGal
                dipsofjazz
                1speed4Sam
                Coley
                ForeverSg1
                Kliggins
                Sue_the_Lurker
                Polosmoothie
                MajorSamFan
                GateGipsy & Baby Gipsy (Both still maybe? They are in vancouver this week)
                Rowan(maybe)

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                  Yes..88 days left and a new Roll Call.
                  Welcome to MajorSamFan !

Mal
                  F.H.Bagpuss
                  Seabee
                  ChopinGal
                  dipsofjazz
                  1speed4Sam
                  Coley
                  ForeverSg1
                  Kliggins
                  Sue_the_Lurker
                  Polosmoothie
                  MajorSamFan
                  GateGipsy & Baby Gipsy (Both still maybe? They are in vancouver this week)
                  Rowan(maybe)
                  thanx for updating the list. i did not have time this morning. ((((((FHB))))))

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                    But...but...but... *lip quivers* You mean I have to write another con report!!!
                    Yes!!! Hopefully on that looooong plane ride home, too.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                      I'll definitely be bringing my laptop computer. Dell Inspiron 700m, very lightweight and easy to carry around. It also has a wifi connection so if the hotel has a hookup we should be set for convention reports. I'm a lousy writer, but anyone who wishes to use it, it's at your disposal. You all just have to promise to take lots of pictures and tell me everything that happens at the cocktail party since it's already booked. *Pouts because she can't go*
                      I was planning to take my laptop as well, so between us we should be able to establish a proper little Mission Control.

And unfortunately neither Coley nor I are amongst the Chosen Few going to the cocktail party. However, it might just be worth talking to ChopinGal...

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSamFan
                        I'm sure you'll do fine. Just remember to breathe. I was having a little trouble with that, and started some relaxing breathing in the familiar meditation pose (middle fingers to thumbs). Next thing I know, I open my eyes and Amanda has kneeled down next to my chair and joined me!

I still think I might melt in a puddle of fangrrrrl goo if I meet RDA some day but Amanda's a dollface! Totally cool. Puts you right to ease.

And I think you will find that when you speak one-on-one, she really treats you as though you are the only person in the room with her. That just amazed me.
                        I'm not sure why I find this so amusing, but I start to chuckle everytime I think of Amanda doing this.

So I'm just curious, does anyone have any clue what exactly will be going on during Gabit? I've only been to one con and I didn't get to go for the entire weekend (only 1 day). I know it says it's a weekend with Amanda but is she actually going to be there hanging with the fans all three days? From what I have read most cons only have an actor for an hour or so.

Does anyone know of a schedule of events where I can check things out?
                        I've heard about a party on friday night( but that's full already) and something about a raffle... anyone else have any other information?

Kat

Comment

I'm not sure why I find this so amusing, but I start to chuckle everytime I think of Amanda doing this.

So I'm just curious, does anyone have any clue what exactly will be going on during Gabit? I've only been to one con and I didn't get to go for the entire weekend (only 1 day). I know it says it's a weekend with Amanda but is she actually going to be there hanging with the fans all three days? From what I have read most cons only have an actor for an hour or so.

I've heard about a party on friday night( but that's full already) and something about a raffle... anyone else have any other information?

Kat
                          I will probably be finding out more from one of the GABIT directors when she returns from holiday in Scotland. The original GABIT was scheduling a raffle for "Tea with Amanda" - four fans would win the lucky chance to spend about 20-30 minutes with AT at tea that Sunday. There will be the AT Charity event and auction and I believe the Hearing Aid dogs will actually make an appearance. The GABIT directors are planning evening events for *everyone* so that, if you aren't at the Friday cocktail party, you will still be able to relax and enjoy yourself at a disco or dance party or some such. Then there will be assigned times to appear for personal autograph and photo with Amanda ... everyone will have that done. Around that, I suppose there will be a display table of the auction goods, and maybe SG1 paraphernalia ... I think the GABIT directors have a lot of experience with coordinating or volunteering at other Gate cons and they may have a few surprises up their sleeves too! Sound like a fun bunch of people!

So, Kat ... yes, I think there will be daily activities to keep us all busy and happy!

I won't be bringing a laptop but am willing to jump in with a Samanda report in either 1speed's or Kat's room!

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                            I was planning to take my laptop as well, so between us we should be able to establish a proper little Mission Control.

And unfortunately neither Coley nor I are amongst the Chosen Few going to the cocktail party. However, it might just be worth talking to ChopinGal...
                            Yes, the Jester will be glad to report on the Friday cocktail party if she can use Royal Security Guard's laptop!

Translation for non-Samandans: ChopinGal will use 1speed's laptop to report on the event! Love the idea of a "Mission Control" center ... sounds like your room may be it!

Comment

Kat
                              The only thing I've seen is the main GABIT site, and there doesn't appear to be a schedule as such. FWIW, here's a link to the FAQ page:-

http://www.gabitevents.co.uk/faq.html

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                                The only thing I've seen is the main GABIT site, and there doesn't appear to be a schedule as such. FWIW, here's a link to the FAQ page:-

http://www.gabitevents.co.uk/faq.html
                                I think there may be more coming when the GABITs reconvene in UK. Currently, one is in Scotland and Lake District on holiday and two are flying back from Vancouver Gate con, maybe even John, the GABIT photograher has gone too.

Methinks they will be adding more to their website before the actual event.

Comment

Working...
                                X