GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
    I only emailed the people who emailed me back letting me know they'd be participating. Yay for more bricks!
    Ah, I must have missed that in the initial email I was sent. Anyway, all done. Donation made.

Comment

MoB...if you need more to make another house or to complete one, let me know.
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I am pretty sure we are bit over one whole house! If everyone donated their promised number we are over thanks to some last minute donors who joined us this morning.
        We should know the final tally soon. Who knows, maybe we'll be on the way to building #2 and can get more people on board!
        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Yay!! Oh wow...that just made my heart dance. That's so cool. I love this fandom. Really...best people in the world!
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Yay! If there is a chance of getting a second house, I am willing to donate a couple more bricks

Comment

Y'all are awesome. I'm constantly amazed by the generosity of this fandom.
              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Awesome news on the house - of course, judging from what we see at the events and what I know of the people in this fandom in general, I'm not really surprised

Amanda inspires awesomeness

Good news: my book arrived in the post this am!
                Bad news: the postman folded it completely in half to push it through the mail slot instead of leaving it outside the door
                End news: I have a badly bent copy of a cute book. Sigh.
                *off to find two really sturdy things to put it between in hopes of getting out the worst of the bends*
                ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                ames on facebook
                ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                  Awesome news on the house - of course, judging from what we see at the events and what I know of the people in this fandom in general, I'm not really surprised

Amanda inspires awesomeness

Good news: my book arrived in the post this am!
                  Bad news: the postman folded it completely in half to push it through the mail slot instead of leaving it outside the door
                  End news: I have a badly bent copy of a cute book. Sigh.
                  *off to find two really sturdy things to put it between in hopes of getting out the worst of the bends*
                  Had a similar problem, mine was bent in 1/2 as well to sqeeze into a mailbox that was full. Although it didn't have a severe crease in it, it was not doing too well. After reading it, I placed it under something heavy over night and it looks really nice again. But like I said, it was curled and bent, but no crease in it!
                  sigpic

Comment

Dropping in to say hooray for the fangirls (and boys)! We had a little less than the amount I had expected based on the emails I had received, but now we are up to speed and have raised our first "Fangirl House"!! Congrats to everyone who contributed. What an awesome fandom. <3
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                      I play for charity when I play with my brass band. Since I'm a professional musician, I need to pay the bills, therefore when I play gigs with my jazz band, I need the money.
                      I've had to turn down a number of gigs this year because of a torn ligament in my left pinky making it difficult to play long gigs. But I am playing a short jazz gig next week and on the Symphonies Winter Pops Concert. School choir and band concert is soon as well. Christmas parade was last night for the band.

And to be on topic for the thread look forward to seeing those that will be at AT6 next Nov.
                      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Been looking at the Alberta Canada Comic Con that runs from April 27 to 29th. I hear Amanda Tapping is going to the event.
                        Last edited by llp; 04 December 2011, 02:00 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Dropping in to say hooray for the fangirls (and boys)! We had a little less than the amount I had expected based on the emails I had received, but now we are up to speed and have raised our first "Fangirl House"!! Congrats to everyone who contributed. What an awesome fandom. <3
                          Awesome.
                          So now what do we do?
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                            Awesome.
                            So now what do we do?
                            Nothing? Build another house?
                            sigpic

Comment

Nothing? Build another house?
                              First they need to update.....we haven't gotten credit yet for the house we built!
                              sigpic

Comment

I am pretty sure we are bit over one whole house! If everyone donated their promised number we are over thanks to some last minute donors who joined us this morning.
                                We should know the final tally soon. Who knows, maybe we'll be on the way to building #2 and can get more people on board!
                                That might be because some of us can't count!

Originally posted by llp View Post
                                Been looking at the Alberta Canada Comic Con that runs from April 27 to 29th. I hear Amanda Tapping is going to the event.
                                CJ was at it last year but I couldn't go (after missing him in Vancouver) because of other commitments. I don't know how that one works so I'm not sure if there would be a panel or just autographs so you might want to check that before you go. It is really cheap though, I think the cost is only $20.00.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X