GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
    61 days til AT6 ticket payments are due!

365 days til AT6!!!

That's one year...or 12 months...or 52 weeks!!!!!

WOOHOO!!!!

YAY!!! *bounces*

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
    ^ YAY!!

As for haggis, I know I'm a Scot and I'm supposed to like it, but....ewwwwwww! But I'll have the neeps (turnips) and tatties (potatoes) that go with it!

Julia(samcarterrules)
    I feel the same way about sauerkraut Julia ... for years I'd get dragged to the annual Oktoberfeast dinner at church, and because most wurst don't agree with me either, I'd end up eating just the mashed potatoes for dinner

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
    I've never tried (nor smelled it!), though I sort of know what goes into the process of making it. Is it
    wrong to say it reminds me of meatloaf?

Does anyone else make jigglers with their jello? I used to love them as a kid cos it was the one time we actually were allowed to play with our food. I wonder if that might be an option for AT6? Hmm.. It sure as heck would cut down on the spoons and cups needed as the mixture could be poured into a sheet pan and cut into shapes later.
    That idea has been brought up before - the question is, where the heck would we store the trays to allow the jello to set? I only have the room fridges to work with at the Ren. Now if we to do another TSE at the Sheraton in Vangroovy, the staff there told me I could make and store the jello right on site in the kitchen fridge at the hotel itself, so it's more practical as an option to explore at that venue, IMO.
    ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
    ames on facebook
    ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      61 days til AT6 ticket payments are due!

365 days til AT6!!!

That's one year...or 12 months...or 52 weeks!!!!!

WOOHOO!!!!
      SO EXCITED, YAY!!

Originally posted by ames View Post
      I feel the same way about sauerkraut Julia ... for years I'd get dragged to the annual Oktoberfeast dinner at church, and because most wurst don't agree with me either, I'd end up eating just the mashed potatoes for dinner
      Mmm. Mashed potatoes. True story: My brother and I can (and will) eat an entire 5 pound bag of potatoes if they’re mashed. Screw the actual meal of roast/turkey. Just let us at those potatoes. During holiday dinners, the extended family is always amazed by how much mashed potatoes we shove onto our plates. Ha!
      Come play with me elsewhere, too!: Twitter | Tumblr | LJ | Goodreads

Comment

Originally posted by shinaynay View Post
        SO EXCITED, YAY!!

Mmm. Mashed potatoes. True story: My brother and I can (and will) eat an entire 5 pound bag of potatoes if they’re mashed. Screw the actual meal of roast/turkey. Just let us at those potatoes. During holiday dinners, the extended family is always amazed by how much mashed potatoes we shove onto our plates. Ha!
        Nice!
        So you love mashed taters, bluey goodness and hugs.
        Yup, we're gonna get on fabulously! LOL

ames on facebook

Comment

That idea has been brought up before - the question is, where the heck would we store the trays to allow the jello to set? I only have the room fridges to work with at the Ren. Now if we to do another TSE at the Sheraton in Vangroovy, the staff there told me I could make and store the jello right on site in the kitchen fridge at the hotel itself, so it's more practical as an option to explore at that venue, IMO.
          Have you asked at the Ren about using their fridges? They may allow you to use theirs. If not, we might be able to ask around to see who has a fridge in their room we might use. I know I usually get one so you may use it if needed.

Oh, and being German I totally grew up with sauerkraut. It's sorta grew on me. Must be why I love brussel sprouts as well. Nom.

Comment

sorry to break the news, but 2012 is a leap year, so AT6 is 366 days away.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

Let me explain, being "badged" is not a good thing
              It's not? *slow blink*

sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

To clarify, the overheating whilst in close proximity to Eh-T occurred at the pub, to which I was a witness. Participant as well, IIRC.
                The stuffing of Eh-T's room key down Pengyn's top occurred in the lobby.
                I was not personally present for the latter ... to which, apparently, Titta was a witness

Also, I still think being badged is NOT a good thing when I'm on the receiving end ... although I'm evidently in the minority in that regard
                Well, people often overheat in my presence. Can I help it if I am hot?

As for the key thing, mere hearsay and not admissible.

You do win points for understanding the concept of the badge.

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                ^ YAY!!

As for haggis, I know I'm a Scot and I'm supposed to like it, but....ewwwwwww! But I'll have the neeps (turnips) and tatties (potatoes) that go with it!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                Yum, neeps and tatties.

Originally posted by shinaynay View Post
                SO EXCITED, YAY!!

I love potatoes but 5 lbs?

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                Buzz kill. (wasn't that the phrase Tesla used?)

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                It's not? *slow blink*

I'll have Ames explain it to you.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                  I'm going by the countdown on my iphone & I also think I may be a day ahead...living in the future and all. But according to the iphone app, it was as of yesterday for me, 365 days til AT6...Im quite happy to live in that time frame.
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

i love brussles sprouts and saurkraut. I think the only veggie i really dont' like is cooked cauliflower and lima beans (and many other beans)

and yay, my S4K hoodie came today. It'll be great to wear this weekend
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Was at zumba class last night and for some reason that made me think of all of you.

Cheers for one year to AT6!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        i love brussles sprouts and saurkraut. I think the only veggie i really dont' like is cooked cauliflower and lima beans (and many other beans)

and yay, my S4K hoodie came today. It'll be great to wear this weekend
                        That was quick! Very impressed with the postal systems both sides of the pond.

Mumsey
                        For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

yes, I'm very impressed.

sigpic

Comment

The Annual Samanda Card Exchange

For the new folks, it's very simple. You send me your snail mail address. I'll collect them throughout the month of November and then roughly the end of November, each person that has sent in his/her mailing address will get a list of every other participant's addresses.

By taking part you agree to mail out to each person a greeting card for the holidays. They don't have to be fancy cards. Some in the past have homemade cards. Others have sent dollar store cards....it doesn't matter. This isn't a 'make hallmark rich' idea, it's a 'connect with your fellow samandan' thing.

One thing for folks to consider...us postage is 44 cents each, us to canada 75ish, us to the rest of the world roughly a dollar a card. We usually get between 10 and 20 participants, so you can make a rough estimate of the money. (just laying things out there for those that might be watching ye olde budget this holiday season)

So, for anyone that wishes to participate, just PM me your address and I'll keep them and mail out the list in a few weeks. The addresses will go only to those that agree for the card exchange.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                              Was at zumba class last night and for some reason that made me think of all of you.
                              We're stalking you from inside your brain. It's a skill we have.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                The Annual Samanda Card Exchange

For the new folks, it's very simple. You send me your snail mail address. I'll collect them throughout the month of November and then roughly the end of November, each person that has sent in his/her mailing address will get a list of every other participant's addresses.

By taking part you agree to mail out to each person a greeting card for the holidays. They don't have to be fancy cards. Some in the past have homemade cards. Others have sent dollar store cards....it doesn't matter. This isn't a 'make hallmark rich' idea, it's a 'connect with your fellow samandan' thing.

One thing for folks to consider...us postage is 44 cents each, us to canada 75ish, us to the rest of the world roughly a dollar a card. We usually get between 10 and 20 participants, so you can make a rough estimate of the money. (just laying things out there for those that might be watching ye olde budget this holiday season)

So, for anyone that wishes to participate, just PM me your address and I'll keep them and mail out the list in a few weeks. The addresses will go only to those that agree for the card exchange.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
                                Thanks Sky! *already has cute cards ready and waiting* LOL
                                In case any Cdns care to budget, postage to US is $1.03, and overseas is $1.75 ... I send a lot of postcards during the year

Originally posted by Trindajae View Post
                                We're stalking you from inside your brain. It's a skill we have.
                                Oh my - now there's a scary thought!

ames on facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X