GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ames View Post
    So in all seriousness, do we want to expand the jello venture to red vs blue, and do a charity challenge for the flavours? ...am I allowed to use the characters as spokeswomen for the respective flavours? Would that seem too 'Sam vs Helen'? Let's see ... we could set up a blind taste-test booth... or do two drop containers a la Neep's pants challenge of AT4--whichever coloured basket makes more money, someone'll eat a bowl of that flavour on stage? (Ideally Amanda or one of the GABIT team, of course...) Or a simple case of bragging rights for the fans of that colour over the other one... I'm kinda liking the blind taste test idea atm to see which would be the 'winner', with a donation entry to play, although that would require quite a bit more prep work/space/time... but would be interesting and potentially quite a bit of fun, so long as it wasn't directly before the photos (unless we like the idea of a bunch of blue/purple-tongued photos...hehehe...) Hmmmm....
    *wanders off, contemplating issues of jello-ness*
    I vote for jello wrestling. All you need is two bikini clad women, a large tarp for overlaying the Ren carpet and a kiddie pool full of the jello goodness.

Any volunteers?

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
      I vote for jello wrestling. All you need is two bikini clad women, a large tarp for overlaying the Ren carpet and a kiddie pool full of the jello goodness.

Any volunteers?
      I hear EH-T's been doing Zumba...
      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
        EH-T zumba dancing in a kiddie pool full of jello? Could be done!

Comment

Any volunteers?

So not going there, except to say 'ask Fron about blue bikinis sometime'...
          *smiles angelically*

Have I ever told you the story of the pre-cocktail party conversations at AT4?
          If not, let's just say it was an amusing case of two completely innocent and separate conversations inadvertently merging into a potentially dodgy one thanks to a mishear by someone standing on the verge of both... which led to the aforementioned blue bikinis.
          ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
          ames on facebook
          ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Ooh, you two are gonna be in *SO* much trouble... *grins, ducks, and walks quickly away before Eh-T's badge appears*

ames on facebook

Comment

Don't forget the bikini.

So this morning I poured hot coffee all over my crotch when I was on the highway and couldn't pull over. Not hot enough to burn, but it did hurt for a few seconds. No time to buy some new pants... luckily I have very dark skin tight jeans on and as soon as I got to work I put my lab coat on. So glad it's summer and my jeans are completely dry just a few hours later.
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Ooh, you two are gonna be in *SO* much trouble... *grins, ducks, and walks quickly away before Eh-T's badge appears*
                But it has so much potential! We could even auction off tickets for viewing if that makes EH-T feel better about it. You know how she feels about a good auction for S4K.

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                  Don't forget the bikini.

So this morning I poured hot coffee all over my crotch when I was on the highway and couldn't pull over. Not hot enough to burn, but it did hurt for a few seconds. No time to buy some new pants... luckily I have very dark skin tight jeans on and as soon as I got to work I put my lab coat on. So glad it's summer and my jeans are completely dry just a few hours later.
                  SOOOO not a good idea to drink and drive - whatever the liquid!!!!

Mumsey
                  (in full Mumsey mode)
                  For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post

Mumsey
                    (in full Mumsey mode)
                    Especially in a 22yo car with no cup holders or power steering. 0_o lesson learned.
                    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                      No nudging or hinting required We are on the case. The hoodies and shirts were very popular at AT5 and we would love to have other stuff for you to buy for S4K too. However we are a year out at this point so leave it with us and we will see what we can do!

Best Becks
                      you were using that crystal ball, weren't you. no sense denying it now.

Comment

I hear the AU/NZ blue is different again, but haven't tried it myself, sadly ...yes, you can totally take that as a hint should someone want to rectify that particular situation )
                        Yes...sorry ames...I'm in the process of recitfying that...just give me til the end of the month...I have 3 other projects on the go. But you have not been forgotten. *hugs*
                        Originally posted by JennS View Post
                        Hello All,
                        Firstly thank you for all the support so far! AT6 is going to be
                        fantastic!
                        Second , how's about something exciting to get your teeth into right
                        now!?
                        GABIT Events would like to invite you to join our new and exciting
                        project.
                        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ortS4K-1-1.png

Please feel free to pass this on to who ever you believe may wish to
                        join in. Remember this is all about Sanctuary For Kids and our support
                        in everything they do.
                        IF any of you have any questions at all....ANY no matter if you think
                        them silly please PLEASE feel free to send me an email at
                        JPScheffler [at] gmail.com or message me on here.
                        You guys really are amazing!
                        With Much Love.....
                        Jenn
                        THANK YOU JENN & GABIT!!
                        Looking forward to participating. xo
                        Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                        Mumsey
                        (in full Mumsey mode)
                        That's why it's handy to have at least one of the kids in the car...the youngest can hold it but the eldest can now drive so I can be the passenger!!
                        Speaking of the eldest, she turned 19 today! Next year at AT6, I will have a 20 year old kiddo...ouch!!!
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                          Wha????? I am sure I did no such thing. Sky, never mind moding comments made about the actors, do something about this!
                          hehe. I'm afraid I have photographic evidence, Aunty EH-T, which is hard to argue with. It'd be fun to see you try though. You could blame it on a temporary madness, I suppose... I've heard it's infectious.
                          sigpic

Comment

Good grief.

Your mother? Tell us about the things teenage Eh-T got up to that her mother didn't like. *pulls up a sofa and some popcorn*
                            Nothing to tell, my mother only ever said that to my brothers.

[QUOTE]

Sorry Eh-T, I have to second Pengyn on this one. I was there too -- I managed to sweet talk the bartender into giving you the last lemon bitter in the pub, as you needed help to stay bitter for the auction IIRC
                            I remember the lemon bitter but honestly have no recollection of what PengYn is talking about.

Yeah, what she said! ^^
                            ...I was talking to my mom about GABIT yesterday, specifically the auctions. I mentioned you (as the awesome lady who occassionally sends the Russian mint care packages, of course ) and your history with the auctions - the phrase 'poster child for pure Canadianism' may have come up
                            LOL! I like that.

Originally posted by JennS View Post
                            Hello All,

Firstly thank you for all the support so far! AT6 is going to be
                            fantastic!

Second , how's about something exciting to get your teeth into right
                            now!?

GABIT Events would like to invite you to join our new and exciting
                            project.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ortS4K-1-1.png

This new project will make up some of the video/media that will be shown
                            in and around AT6 which is GABIT Events' upcoming and 6th
                            'Amanda Tapping a Weekend With Her Fans' (www.gabitevents.co.uk)

The aim is to shine a light at the Event on all you fans and your
                            support of Sanctuary For Kids. Not how you do it. Just simply that it
                            is in your hearts. As the Event is called "Ripples" it is to showcase
                            all the fans who are the pebbles who make the ripples.

And you do NOT have to be an AT6 attendee to join in. Anyone can join in.

GABIT is looking for people to send in small video clips (no longer then
                            15 seconds long) OR a picture of yourself demonstrating the words...

'I SUPPORT SANCTUARY FOR KIDS'

Like wearing one of the S4K t-shirts/hoodies or wrist bands or a photo of you and your car with the S4K window sticker on etc etc. Get creative!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...oto4-1-1-1.jpg

The video/pictures will be made into a series of music videos to be
                            shown in the main hall before each talk. Also the pictures will pop up in
                            and around the event!

If how you want to show the 'I support Sanctuary For Kids'' is longer
                            than the 15 second mark panic not. Send it to me and I will see if I can
                            get it to work. Also do not use spoken word/audio as I will be
                            overlaying music over this so you will not be able to hear it.

So far there is no deadline. NOT YET! There is obviously still over a year until the actual event but I will say the sooner you can get it to
                            me the better as I will be able to make sure I can get it perfect!

Send anything you got to JPScheffler [at] gmail.com

I will be sending out regular 'HEY YOU GUYS' nudges every now and again on here and twitter (@JennScheffler) and probably anywhere else I am a part of.

Please feel free to pass this on to who ever you believe may wish to
                            join in. Remember this is all about Sanctuary For Kids and our support
                            in everything they do.

IF any of you have any questions at all....ANY no matter if you think
                            them silly please PLEASE feel free to send me an email at
                            JPScheffler [at] gmail.com or message me on here.

You guys really are amazing!

With Much Love.....

Jenn
                            Excellent. Now all I have to do is figure out how to do video on my camera, download it to the computer and send it to someone.

Heh. How about, 'You don't need to be pretty, you're unique!' Not that I'm bitter or anything. Moms say the darndest things.
                            But you are pretty ( as well as unique)

Any volunteers?
                            THAT'S QUITE ENOUGH OF THAT!

Yup. Just wait until I see them!

Don't forget the bikini.
                            You are not helping.

But it has so much potential! We could even auction off tickets for viewing if that makes EH-T feel better about it. You know how she feels about a good auction for S4K.
                            There are some things I won't do, not even for charity.

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                            hehe. I'm afraid I have photographic evidence, Aunty EH-T, which is hard to argue with. It'd be fun to see you try though. You could blame it on a temporary madness, I suppose... I've heard it's infectious.
                            Must have had a senior moment (an inappropriate senior moment apparently).

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

The question being: is the red cherry or strawberry?
                              Black cherry. Tis why I brought black cherry flavored shots to TSE.

Spoiler:
                              During my chat with AT, MW and DK, I asked about the jello. All three of them responded black cherry. Mainly due to the dark red color.
                              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                              Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                                Black cherry. Tis why I brought black cherry flavored shots to TSE.

Spoiler:
                                During my chat with AT, MW and DK, I asked about the jello. All three of them responded black cherry. Mainly due to the dark red color.
                                Oh so that was you!
                                I kept getting accused of being the culprit (but not sharing the shots at the ball...I tend to do non-alcoholic versions there)

Isn't the black cherry more of a deep purpley colour though? Hmmm ... definitely need to do some taste-testing *ahem* market research on this one!

ames on facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X