GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Runs in to thread waving*

Hi Guys, how's everyone? I miss you guys, rl keeps away alot but roll on AT6!! Congrats to everyone who got a CP ticket.
    And what's this about Aunty EH-T doing Zumba dancing....

*Waves at Tittamiire* I see you lurking lol.
    Welcome to all the newbies too, can't wait to meet you all next year! GABIT is the best event ever!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
    sigpic
    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      Little clarification here:

We don't ban all comments from cons. What we're having an issue with are fans/attendees taking comments made by the actors, cast, crew and then using those words as 'weapons' in whatever personal battles those fans may be waging. Do not take the actor's words and interpret them to then use them to 'prove' you are right or that someone else is wrong. Don't make those actors, cast, crew, unwitting participants in your personal issues. Do not use their words to declare others' opinions as 'wrong'.

Don't use words from those folks to cut down, disparage, dismiss, mock, belittle, attack others. Don't drag these 'innocent bystanders' into your personal battles.

This is our issue. We watched this happen during the ship wars, the Daniel wars, the season 9 wars and we have no patience for it. I watched fans take writer's or actor's comments and use them against 'the other side' to prove that someone else's opinion was wrong.

To use the current blue jello topic as an example. If AT said she really doesn't like it, fine. But if a fan were to launch their own 'anti blue jello' campaign and nominate AT as a spokesperson and start telling people 'hey, Amanda Tapping says the stuff is junk and bad for you, stop eating'...you've crossed the line. Wage your own 'wars', speak only for yourself, and don't drag others into them by using their words to suit your cause.

Respect each other, respect each others' opinions, even if you don't like them. On the flip side of that, when you express your own opinion, have some respect for your fellow forum members and don't say things in a manner that is sure to upset or anger.
      Makes perfect sense to not ban all comments from cons. But...
      Spoiler:
      What about, if say for example, if what this person said about AT being happy about the kiss was true. She was stating what she heard at a con Q & A and putting it out there as fact; not trying to be argumentative or start a personal war. Just stating what was said, cos she does have that right. Would this person be guilty of starting some kind of "war of words" because someone took offense to that comment and went off the handle for many pages on a thread about it? Why should she be forced to remove said comment and get a verbal public warning?

Sorry, I know we're a pretty good lot, but I love clarification. Having a tidbit of info from a con and having to decide how inflammatory it might be before posting seems like we're censoring our comments now.

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post
      Ah, Monsoon related - that makes sense.

Personally waiting for that particular record to change Lol

I think the coffe/tea Gabit thing makes sense - it's a VERY small group and private. Likewise a one-on-one convo is.

I figured a blanket policy would be a bit insane given anyone could just post a link to a youtube clip of an actor saying whatever though!

Is it bad to have a bit of nostalgia about the ship wars - some of that was hilarious. Crazy people amuse me - I know it's wrong, and yet still I laugh Lol

Have fun in the Windy place (hospital stuff aside obv.)
      The 'Windy place' was great last night. I've seen enough of the insides of hospitals from work to not be thrilled going into another, but moral support was needed for her Gran. Was beautiful afterward and we found a killer sushi place which made up for all the sitting earlier.

Originally posted by Trindajae View Post
      Hear that, everybody? Ames says we should start a blue jello war. Food fight!!!
      *perks up* Did I hear someone say food fight??!

Originally posted by ames View Post
      Triiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin, behave!!!

*channels Eh-T's infamous badge*
      Aww, no fun.

Who needs paint balls? It can be red vs blue jello wars
      Heh, you're saying you don't like blue?

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
      *Runs in to thread waving*

Hi Guys, how's everyone? I miss you guys, rl keeps away alot but roll on AT6!! Congrats to everyone who got a CP ticket.
      And what's this about Aunty EH-T doing Zumba dancing....

*Waves at Tittamiire* I see you lurking lol.
      Welcome to all the newbies too, can't wait to meet you all next year! GABIT is the best event ever!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
      Excited much Julia?
      Last edited by Celandine; 06 November 2011, 04:21 AM. Reason: Editting out personal Username for privacy sake

Comment

Originally posted by Trindajae View Post
        Hear that, everybody? Ames says we should start a blue jello war. Food fight!!!
        Who needs paint balls? It can be red vs blue jello wars
        Okay, I'm fairly certain in the past I've been directly on the receiving end of a 'conversation' with members of the G4 regarding jello-based food fights in the lobby of the Ren and their direct impact on our continued welcome there for GABIT Events ... so we'd definitely have to take it outside

That being said, at AT5 I asked AT about jello favourites in the Magnus household. (ie who likes which flavour best...) Theoretically, we could do a tasting survey with the fans as well ... and if we wanted to keep it to just Amanda, Sam Carter favours blue while Helen Magnus is all about red, so... totally doable! Red vs Blue throw down (erm, figuratively speaking only! I think if I cause a jello-tossing at the ball, even inadvertently, I'm gonna have my jello-providing privilages taken away)!
        *ponders*

We could, theoretically, have a charity throwdown - which flavour/colour gets the most money donated?
        I would definitely need more help making the jello for the weekend though!
        But I can see the advertising hook ... may the plotting begin! *bounces*
        ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
        ames on facebook
        ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
          Okay, I'm fairly certain in the past I've been directly on the receiving end of a 'conversation' with members of the G4 regarding jello-based food fights in the lobby of the Ren and their direct impact on our continued welcome there for GABIT Events ... so we'd definitely have to take it outside

That being said, at AT5 I asked AT about jello favourites in the Magnus household. (ie who likes which flavour best...) Theoretically, we could do a tasting survey with the fans as well ... and if we wanted to keep it to just Amanda, Sam Carter favours blue while Helen Magnus is all about red, so... totally doable! Red vs Blue throw down (erm, figuratively speaking only! I think if I cause a jello-tossing at the ball, even inadvertently, I'm gonna have my jello-providing privilages taken away)!
          *ponders*

We could, theoretically, have a charity throwdown - which flavour/colour gets the most money donated?
          I would definitely need more help making the jello for the weekend though!
          But I can see the advertising hook ... may the plotting begin! *bounces*
          Ohboyoboyoboy! What a monster we have made here!

Mumsey
          (looking for suitable protective clothing....)
          For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
            Shi! So cool (and slightly weird) to see you here! Welcome to the Gabit thread - I know you will make some amazing friends on here before the con. You are more than welcome to hang out with me and any other goons not going to the CP on Friday night. I know antoa and myself will be looking for somewhere to drown our sorrows - probably in the bottom of some over-priced cheese-burger. Although... didn't we get 2 meals for £12 at the Three Magpies last time? All I remember is being stuck in a corner with EH-T and getting very hot flushes... because of the ventilation... not because of EH-T... although there was that one time she stuck her keycard down my top... slightly inappropriate, I think... Where was I? Oh, yes, welcome!!

/formerly MIA PengYn
            Oh my gosh, heyyy lady! This is very cool (and yes, slightly weird). Ahaha, we apparently live in a very small internet world. Who knew?

I'll probably take you up on that hanging out with you and other goons offer, drowning our sorrows in cheeseburgers and whatever else one drowns out their sorrows with. WOO, BRING IT.
            Come play with me elsewhere, too!: Twitter | Tumblr | LJ | Goodreads

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
              Here is the latest from S4K:
              *cut for length*

We will begin selling t-shirts, hoodies and iPad covers on our website at the end of January. We have a gorgeous design, and the items are in production as we speak. Many people have been asking for such items and we are thrilled that it will soon be happening.

*cut for length*

Peace to all,

Amanda, Damian and Jill
              Thanks Eh-T for posting!

Yay, it's finally official! For those wondering, these new t-shirts and hoodies will be different from those left from AT5. They will have the S4K logo and website on them, plus additional artwork. Apparently the design is gorgeous.

So I suggest if you still wanna get one of the original hoodies, do as Mumsey says and go order one. Personally I think it would be kinda nice having one of them really large ones now as winter is coming.

As for having S4K merchandise at AT6. I'm sure if we gently hint and nudge the fine folk of GABIT and S4K, I'm sure something will come of it.

Take care you all, I hope to drop by the thread more often!

*leaves the thread with and odd image of a zumba dancing lawyer in my head*

Comment

Originally posted by 2Shy View Post
                Thanks Eh-T for posting!

Yay, it's finally official! For those wondering, these new t-shirts and hoodies will be different from those left from AT5. They will have the S4K logo and website on them, plus additional artwork. Apparently the design is gorgeous.

So I suggest if you still wanna get one of the original hoodies, do as Mumsey says and go order one. Personally I think it would be kinda nice having one of them really large ones now as winter is coming.

As for having S4K merchandise at AT6. I'm sure if we gently hint and nudge the fine folk of GABIT and S4K, I'm sure something will come of it.

Take care you all, I hope to drop by the thread more often!

*leaves the thread with and odd image of a zumba dancing lawyer in my head*
                No nudging or hinting required We are on the case. The hoodies and shirts were very popular at AT5 and we would love to have other stuff for you to buy for S4K too. However we are a year out at this point so leave it with us and we will see what we can do!

Best Becks

Comment

The question being: is the red cherry or strawberry?
                  sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                    The question being: is the red cherry or strawberry?
                    Strawberry or raspberry I hope. Love to eat cherries but hate cherry 'flavoured' stuff.

Mumsey
                    (What am I saying???!!)
                    For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                      Strawberry or raspberry I hope. Love to eat cherries but hate cherry 'flavoured' stuff.

Mumsey
                      (What am I saying???!!)
                      I'm with you. But, lol. Yes. Fake cherry flavor not so nice.
                      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                        No nudging or hinting required We are on the case. The hoodies and shirts were very popular at AT5 and we would love to have other stuff for you to buy for S4K too. However we are a year out at this point so leave it with us and we will see what we can do!

Best Becks
                        Excellent! Thanks for the reply Becks.

*grabs hold of samcarterrules and gives her a squishy hug as I see her lurking the thread*

Comment

Red jello can be many different flavors if I'm not mistaken; black cherry, raspberry, cranberry, cherry, mixed Fruit, strawberry and watermelon.

Personally, I'm in a lime kick and love anything flavored like it be it jello, pudding or yogurt. Nom.

Awesome about the new S4K merchandise stuff, too! I thought I heard the rumor.

Can't wait to see it and hopefully get a chance to buy at AT6 and continue to support such a fab charity.

ETA: *gags* Just googled jello flavors to confirm and found there is a haggis-flavored jello. Scroll to the bottom.
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jell-O#Gelatin

Comment

I like the idea of the iPad case. (Hope it's iPad2) would be tres cool for mine
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I like the idea of the iPad case. (Hope it's iPad2) would be tres cool for mine
                              I have not yet been converted to the Ipad or even Iphones yet but may have to use one at work.... I am hoping that means they will provide me with one to take home, not just use in class. I mean if I can't take it home how will I do my lesson prep!

Becks

Comment

makes perfect sense

I love mine. Not a replacement for a computer, but nice to have an instant on/instant off device. Mine was a partial gift (a I'll pay half kind of thing) and I love it. I even have some baby flashcards on it for the littlest Niece.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X