GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
    you know, it's not a good idea for you to swim in a fleece hoodie. when they get wet, they are very heavy and will restrict your movement in water.
    Oh, we can tell you've had your coffee fix today!!!

Mumsey
    For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
      I got the small fleece and absolutely swim in it. But it is lovely on those chilly days when the heat decides it doesn't want to come on.
      I went with the XS (for AT4) and it fits me perfect. I would usually go for a small but luckily I had previously gotten a zip up sweatshirt while in Ireland that was an XS and I figured the sizing would be the same. My Sanctuary hoodie is a Large and I now swim in it (bought it about 50 pounds ago) but I still love wearing it around the house in the winter when it gets 'chilly' (as chilly as it can get here in SoCal).

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
        Oh, we can tell you've had your coffee fix today!!!

Mumsey
        Most definately - if it were a solid cup of tea, she wouldn't be as snarky!
        sigpic

Comment

you know, it's not a good idea for you to swim in a fleece hoodie. when they get wet, they are very heavy and will restrict your movement in water.

Antoa I don't think there was an option for an extra small fleece at at5, or I totally missed it! I just think it's crazy that I should be an extra small in anything. I guess they are unisex sizes and therefore sized toward men?
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
            Most definately - if it were a solid cup of tea, she wouldn't be as snarky!
            would too! actually the starbucks keeps me from being snarkier(is that a word?)

Comment

Of course it's a word. See? Right here in Websters. "Snark, Snarky, Snarkier." Ignore the fact that the ink's wet and it's in my handwriting.

Oh, and Eh-T, I tried to answer the question you sent me... but your inbox is full and it won't take any more PMs. You can ask Laurie for a copy of the message I sent her if you're feeling too contrary to make inbox space.
              Last edited by Trindajae; 01 November 2011, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post

Antoa I don't think there was an option for an extra small fleece at at5, or I totally missed it! I just think it's crazy that I should be an extra small in anything. I guess they are unisex sizes and therefore sized toward men?
                Yep, definitely Unisex (i.e. men's) - the only way I'd ever be considered XS! Strange that there wasn't that option for AT5. I just double checked and mine from AT4 is definitely an XS.

What I think is crazy is size 00! I get that some girls are naturally thin, but why must we have such vaninity sizing to necessitate a size 00!

Anyway, I am done being random. I think the food poisoning is still messing with my brain.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                  Yep, definitely Unisex (i.e. men's) - the only way I'd ever be considered XS! Strange that there wasn't that option for AT5. I just double checked and mine from AT4 is definitely an XS.

What I think is crazy is size 00! I get that some girls are naturally thin, but why must we have such vaninity sizing to necessitate a size 00!

Anyway, I am done being random. I think the food poisoning is still messing with my brain.
                  *hugs for food poisoning* That's the worst!

As for sizes-- vanity sizing is getting out of control. I've been the same size for years, and suddenly I have to buy a whole size or two smaller. That means a 2 or smaller. What do the really thin girls do if this trend keeps moving-- at least in the US. I don't know if it's as bad elsewhere.
                  sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

The only Aussies I know in size 00 are babies aged 6-12 months.
                    Our sizes are much different over here. My AT4 jackets is an XL but I could have easily gone with L or even M but with the bigger size, I wrap it around and snuggle into it like a blankie. I took it camping with me recently and it was a blessing. Now I wear it to work but it is a wee bit on the big size...again, it's got planty of room to play in/with.

Hope you're feeling better soon antoa. *hugs*
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

LOL!

Originally posted by Trindajae View Post
                      Of course it's a word. See? Right here in Websters. "Snark, Snarky, Snarkier." Ignore the fact that the ink's wet and it's in my handwriting.

Oh, and Eh-T, I tried to answer the question you sent me... but your inbox is full and it won't take any more PMs. You can ask Laurie for a copy of the message I sent her if you're feeling too contrary to make inbox space.
                      My cup runneth over...space now available.

Food poisoning??? Hope you are better now (((hugs)))

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

My cup runneth over.
                        I love this saying.

You don't hear it much these days.

Comment

Food poisoning??? Hope you are better now (((hugs)))
                          Yep I am better, thanks. It was a mild case - just dizzy nauseous. My tummy is still a bit iffy, but I am not dizzy anymore. I suspect it was from one of the desserts that we had at work to celebrate Halloween since another guy went home with the same symptoms (though he seemed worse off than I was). I am glad I limited myself to just 2 bites of most of them. Not sure which one was the culprit.

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                            I love this saying.

You don't hear it much these days.

As most here know I am a "glass half-full" kind of gal. I appreciate how blessed I am with wonderful family and friends and that I have many opportunities
                            that are not available to so many around the world, especially females. I think "my cup runneth over" describes many aspects of my life.

Yep I am better, thanks. It was a mild case - just dizzy nauseous. My tummy is still a bit iffy, but I am not dizzy anymore. I suspect it was from one of the desserts that we had at work to celebrate Halloween since another guy went home with the same symptoms (though he seemed worse off than I was). I am glad I limited myself to just 2 bites of most of them. Not sure which one was the culprit.
                            Glad you are feeling better.

On an on topic note (for a change) I recently received a notice from an air line about a seat sale. I did try to check dates for November 2012 but it is so far away the seat sale didn't apply! From the glass half-full view, however, we will soon be less than a year away.

Comment

As most here know I am a "glass half-full" kind of gal.
                              I've always been too literal, I suppose. I've always been of the "there is water in the glass" camp.

Old joke:
                              Optimist: The glass is half full.
                              Pessimist: The glass is half empty.
                              Engineer: The container is 50% too large.

On an on topic note (for a change) I recently received a notice from an air line about a seat sale.
                              Which airline? I need to buy tickets for next February as part of my university inspection tour.

Comment

Originally posted by Trindajae View Post
                                I've always been too literal, I suppose. I've always been of the "there is water in the glass" camp.

Old joke:
                                Optimist: The glass is half full.
                                Pessimist: The glass is half empty.
                                Engineer: The container is 50% too large.

Which airline? I need to buy tickets for next February as part of my university inspection tour.
                                Air Canada. You have to be signed up to get their e-mail notices. Not sure if those outside the country can sign up but go to their website to see. It is a good/bad thing. While it does notify you of seat sales, sometimes it just reminds you that you are too busy to go on holiday.

Comment

Working...
                                X