GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    If I were lucky I would be like my husband and flying to the UK business class, then I could get all the Jack I wanted (Egads, my mind suddenly went into the gutter for a minute there after re-reading what I had just written).

*Shakes Jack out of her mind* *Cough* I've never been on an international flight. Is alcohol free? I can't believe I had actually considered buying a first class ticket. My husband laughed at me...hysterically. I'm very naive when it comes to flying as I don't do it often. He just left on a flight to Australia yesterday. I nearly died when the bill came in... $8800.00 for an airplane ticket. Thank god his company reimburses everything. Needless to say I'll be flying in the cheap seats. ROFL

I'll just take my laptop loaded to the brim with fic... maybe that will keep my mind off the flight.
    British Airways always provides the best services and food and drink. The alcohol is complimentary (I believe that's still true)!

Kat, look forward to meeting you and hubby in London! Hail to the Queen ... but which one, huh?!

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
      You're in a for a treat Kligs...thar be snackage available near the Renaissance Hotel !

I hope this link will be useful,especially for those like yourself,who'll be flying in for the Con.

http://www.londontoolkit.com/lhr/renaissance_lhr.htm

(Just ignore the booking blurb ! )

ETA :The Hoppa Bus/local bus between Heathrow/Renaissance seems a bit confusing,but it's probably simpler than it looks...
      http://www.londontoolkit.com/lhr/hotel_hoppa_bus.htm
      This is great Baggie and definitely more information than I managed to find. *makes note of Food and Wine Store*
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
        This is great Baggie and definitely more information than I managed to find. *makes note of Food and Wine Store*
        Perhaps you can practise your new-found walking skills and keep me in food and drink for the weekend!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
          Great info baggie
          Thanks ! There's a pub too ,McD, and of course the Hotel restaurant.
          (No idea what kind of menu/costs.Nearer the Con,I'll e-mail the hotel for details)
          Originally posted by dipsofjazz
          Perhaps you can practise your new-found walking skills and keep me in food and drink for the weekend!
          LOL ! Mars bars,good food ,good company.Kligs and I can take it in turns to go on the shopping run.

Of course our main priority is Amanda, and we'll have to stay fairly sober to compile reports for GW pals.
          Bev ....you can mark my homework !
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

LOL! I'll bring my special red pen for the occasion, Baggie.
            sigpic

Comment

Where are you from in CA? I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. Will be flying out of SFO, hopefully non-stop but depends on what I can find airfare-wise. Are you going early/staying extra beyond the 3 days of the event?
              Jill
              Welcome to MY life!

Comment

LOL! I'll bring my special red pen for the occasion, Baggie.
                Yes,Miss ! I suppose you,being a modern teacher, would prefer liquid refreshment,rather than a highly polished apple ?

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  I'd just like to say how envious I am of you. I've never met Amanda and I'm just praying that I don't embarrass myself when I finally do.
                  I'm sure you'll do fine. Just remember to breathe. I was having a little trouble with that, and started some relaxing breathing in the familiar meditation pose (middle fingers to thumbs). Next thing I know, I open my eyes and Amanda has kneeled down next to my chair and joined me!

I still think I might melt in a puddle of fangrrrrl goo if I meet RDA some day but Amanda's a dollface! Totally cool. Puts you right to ease.

And I think you will find that when you speak one-on-one, she really treats you as though you are the only person in the room with her. That just amazed me.
                  Welcome to MY life!

Comment

Yes mam. I would be happy to obliqe in that task. Of course, you will be paying for us both?

Originally posted by FH BAGPUSS
                    Of course our main priority is Amanda, and we'll have to stay fairly sober to compile reports for GW pals.
                    Bev ....you can mark my homework !
                    But...but...but... *lip quivers* You mean I have to write another con report!!!
                    Last edited by Kliggins; 01 August 2005, 04:47 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Just answering some of the questions early on in the thread, now that I've read through everything.

Con experience:
                      I attended two Creation cons for SG-1 last summer, one of which Amanda attended (was scheduled for both). (I used to attend their Star Trek cons 10-15 years ago, so I was an old con pro.) I will attend my 3rd Creation SG-1 tour con later this week in New Jersey.

I recently attended Comic-Con in San Diego, so I saw Amanda there. That was my second time to see her, though this time there was no opportunity to speak to her one-on-one.

Why Gabit?
                      Like everyone else, it's because it's Amanda. I live in the same time zone as she, for crying out loud, and I have to fly halfway around the world to see her!

What would I ask?
                      I've had the opportunity to ask her a question in two Q&A sessions (Creation-Chicago 2004 and recently at Comic-Con). In Chicago I asked her what it's like to have 1,000 people sing "Happy Birthday" to you - and she turned as pink as her shirt, when we actually sang it! (It was the day after her birthday.) I also asked another question, but I don't remember off the top of my head at the moment. In San Diego I started to ask her how it feels to have 4,000 people sing Happy B--- but I stopped (she chuckled) and asked my real question, which was "How do you come up with all the different characterizations for the various incarnations of Sam - RepliCarter, Geek Sam, and the alternate reality Sams?" I also asked if she modeled them after geeky fans.

She talked about RepliCarter having a different set of the jaw which affected vocalization. She said Geek Sam was modeled more after "geeky Amanda" than any fans.

I've been giving a lot of thought as to what I'd like to ask her, and so far I haven't been able to decide. I'm making a list of possibilities, looking for a quality question that lives up to the statement she made that her fans have intelligent questions.

I'm looking forward to meeting so many other fans I don't know yet. I'm leaping the pond with several friends from the Chicago con, but I haven't met Kamil, Sandy and a lot of other European friends. I'm exited!
                      Jill
                      Welcome to MY life!

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSamFan
                        Where are you from in CA? I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. Will be flying out of SFO, hopefully non-stop but depends on what I can find airfare-wise. Are you going early/staying extra beyond the 3 days of the event?
                        Jill
                        I will assume you are asking me as I am the only big mouth from California that has declared herself.

I live in the Santa Barbara area. The commuter flight I am looking at, I think, takes me to San Francisco and from SFO to London. Right now, I am planning to fly out of US Wednesday the 26th, arrive London around 11:30 am the 27th and leave Monday the whatever day that is. I have not booked flights yet, so that is negotiable. Hotel is booked but could be changed if I wanted to add more days. Hotel is a little expensive for my wallet or else I would stay more days. I wanted to have at least half a day to do something in London and play before Gabit.
                        sigpic

Comment

But...but...but... *lip quivers* You mean I have to write another con report!!!
                          Oh,yes. If we all write what we can,and compare notes,we should be able to post some coherent reports, and if Bev gets loose with her red pen,we won't make too many bloopers.
                          Sudden thought : I wonder if I can persuade Hubby to take his laptop comp to the Con ?
                          (Best I check if we can connect to the net at the Hotel first... )

Comment

Oh,yes. If we all write what we can,and compare notes,we should be able to post some coherent reports, and if Bev gets loose with her red pen,we won't make too many bloopers.
                            Sudden thought : I wonder if I can persuade Hubby to take his laptop comp to the Con ?
                            I'll definitely be bringing my laptop computer. Dell Inspiron 700m, very lightweight and easy to carry around. It also has a wifi connection so if the hotel has a hookup we should be set for convention reports. I'm a lousy writer, but anyone who wishes to use it, it's at your disposal. You all just have to promise to take lots of pictures and tell me everything that happens at the cocktail party since it's already booked. *Pouts because she can't go*

Comment

If you check out this link it mentions modems in the rooms.
                              sigpic

Comment

That's a very generous offer to us all,Kat. (((((((((ForeverSg1))))))))

One snag: I don't have tickets to the Friday Cocktail Party as apparently they're long since sold out to the fans who bought them back in 2002/3.

I think Gipsy has a full ticket,but she's currently away on her hols,so she's incommunicado.

Maybe one of the other Gabiteers on/off our list has Tickets for the Cocktail Party ?

Comment

Working...
                                X