Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
    just a quick flight to chicago and you can see CJ + BB. august
    LOL! Only problem is that I have booked a trip to Italy for September. Have to be here to work sometime. How else can I continue to contribute to S4K, Hearing Dogs, etc?

Originally posted by antoa View Post
    And it just wasn't the same without me, right Not nearly as awesome!

And thanks for the hugs. I am exhausted. Fighting with the doctors office to get my referral to an orthopedist through ASAP (the doc was waiting for my new insurance information - too bad the receptionist that I gave it to on Monday morning didn't pass it on *sigh*)
    Definitely not as awesome! And no one using the words "awesome" and "dude". thought of you , PengYn and SJSL when I went to "our" Tim Horton's for breakfast though.

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
    And they just added Dan and Alex.
    And I love them, they were the best thing about the Vancouver con. But I have to work sometime.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

[QUOTE=EH-T;12609137]LOL! Only problem is that I have booked a trip to Italy for September. Have to be here to work sometime. How else can I continue to contribute to S4K, Hearing Dogs, etc?

oh come on! you can think of a better excuse than that. just leave fri night. and then return sunday night. go to work mon. you'll be a little tired, but you won't miss any work. duh!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        LOL! Only problem is that I have booked a trip to Italy for September. Have to be here to work sometime.

where?
        sigpic
        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

And I love them, they were the best thing about the Vancouver con. But I have to work sometime.
          I met Alex Zahara & Dan Payne at Gatecon back in 2008. I was blown out of the water by how approachable and friendly they were. Seemed like every time I went outside, they were in the courtyard playing hacky sack with people or sitting around and chatting.

Comment

hi trin, haven't heard much from you lately. how is the new kitty fitting in?

Comment

Originally posted by Trindajae View Post
              I met Alex Zahara & Dan Payne at Gatecon back in 2008. I was blown out of the water by how approachable and friendly they were. Seemed like every time I went outside, they were in the courtyard playing hacky sack with people or sitting around and chatting.
              Yup! It was amazing! I have lots of candid pics with the guests outside by the fountain and in the hotel bar just hanging out with the fans.

Comment

[QUOTE=lame moose (mocha);12609315]
                LOL! Only problem is that I have booked a trip to Italy for September. Have to be here to work sometime. How else can I continue to contribute to S4K, Hearing Dogs, etc?

oh come on! you can think of a better excuse than that. just leave fri night. and then return sunday night. go to work mon. you'll be a little tired, but you won't miss any work. duh!
                You are incorrectly assuming I don't work weekends.

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                where?
                For sure Rome, Florence and Venice. Not sure beyond that.

Originally posted by Trindajae View Post
                Met them in Vancouver in April. Very kind and dedicated guys. AZ was there even when he wasn't scheduled. Dan was there despite the fact he was hurt and filming a movie at night. They were raising money for the BC Children's Hospital. We had some lovely discussions, including about politics.

Comment

I had tentatively planned on heading over to Vancouver for a quick visit in August or Sept, but having crunched some numbers I realise I can probably get two inks for the price of my trip ... and inks last a lot longer! LOL ... so ... do I do the trip, or do I stay home and get inked again instead? Alternatively, do I do a more 'sensible' approach and just keep saving the money for future emergencies/paying down debts more quickly?

I asked my sis, and her response was "GO, visit with your friends! Don't you usually go for longer though? Oh, it's NOT for a con? In that case, STAY, get inked! I mean, if it was a con...then again, you wouldn't be debating this if it was one of those GABITty things, would you? So yeah, totally stay and get the tat instead." (Yes, those were actually her words, although there were pauses and hand gestures involved in the live version )

Later I asked my mom, and her response was "Where are you going? Oh, Vancouver? Well I can't go with you then, so stay and get the tattoo. Actually for the price of the flight, especially at that time of year, you might as well get two. Possibly three. Then again, I think if you have any funds to spare you should be thinking of saving up for a new car ... wait - this isn't one of those GABIT trips, right? No, it couldn't be - you don't bother asking for an opinion if that's involved. But won't you have another one of those coming up soon that you'll need to be saving for instead?" I explained I had a separate savings account specifically for the GABIT trips, at which point she did her 'roll-the-eyes-while-sighing' thingy, and informed me that if I decided to go for the tattoo(s) instead of visiting a city (that I've already seen *twice*, as that apparently makes it somehow a less desireable destination), she'd come with me to keep me company, and we went on to discuss design ideas.

So, seeing as I'm asking my family for advice, and y'all are part of my wonderful GABIT family, any thoughts? The tattoos aren't spur-of-the-moment as I've been planning most of them for quite a while, and they are all hideable in case I return to the traditional teaching field, so no worries on those counts ... and yes, I do already have an ink, so know what I'm getting into there

PS: I love the fact that both my mom and my sis separately reasoned that this must not be a GABIT trip I'm contemplating, because those I make work out no matter what! LOL
                  ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                  ames on facebook
                  ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

I am not a fan of tattoos (some day you will be 50 and very sorry) so you will never get advice from me saying get one. Besides, I would take the opportunity to see a friend over personal indulgence any day. However, I am old and wise and would say if you have debt, pay that off first. In the long run you will have way more money for trips by saving interest.

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                      I had tentatively planned on heading over to Vancouver for a quick visit in August or Sept, but having crunched some numbers I realise I can probably get two inks for the price of my trip ... and inks last a lot longer! LOL ... so ... do I do the trip, or do I stay home and get inked again instead? Alternatively, do I do a more 'sensible' approach and just keep saving the money for future emergencies/paying down debts more quickly?

I asked my sis, and her response was "GO, visit with your friends! Don't you usually go for longer though? Oh, it's NOT for a con? In that case, STAY, get inked! I mean, if it was a con...then again, you wouldn't be debating this if it was one of those GABITty things, would you? So yeah, totally stay and get the tat instead." (Yes, those were actually her words, although there were pauses and hand gestures involved in the live version )

Later I asked my mom, and her response was "Where are you going? Oh, Vancouver? Well I can't go with you then, so stay and get the tattoo. Actually for the price of the flight, especially at that time of year, you might as well get two. Possibly three. Then again, I think if you have any funds to spare you should be thinking of saving up for a new car ... wait - this isn't one of those GABIT trips, right? No, it couldn't be - you don't bother asking for an opinion if that's involved. But won't you have another one of those coming up soon that you'll need to be saving for instead?" I explained I had a separate savings account specifically for the GABIT trips, at which point she did her 'roll-the-eyes-while-sighing' thingy, and informed me that if I decided to go for the tattoo(s) instead of visiting a city (that I've already seen *twice*, as that apparently makes it somehow a less desireable destination), she'd come with me to keep me company, and we went on to discuss design ideas.

So, seeing as I'm asking my family for advice, and y'all are part of my wonderful GABIT family, any thoughts? The tattoos aren't spur-of-the-moment as I've been planning most of them for quite a while, and they are all hideable in case I return to the traditional teaching field, so no worries on those counts ... and yes, I do already have an ink, so know what I'm getting into there

PS: I love the fact that both my mom and my sis separately reasoned that this must not be a GABIT trip I'm contemplating, because those I make work out no matter what! LOL
                      I see you have your Mom and sister trained well where GABIT is concerned

Myself, I'd go for the car. They are going to have to pry a steering wheel out of my cold, dead hands when I die. I couldn't live without a car!

But that is just me.

Comment

I am not a fan of tattoos (some day you will be 50 and very sorry) so you will never get advice from me saying get one. Besides, I would take the opportunity to see a friend over personal indulgence any day. However, I am old and wise and would say if you have debt, pay that off first. In the long run you will have way more money for trips by saving interest.
                        This is very true, and very sensible advice ... I think the problem I have is that it'll be so long before I *don't* have a debt being paid off in the background, being free seems so far away... and putting it off a couple of months on the end so I can do something now is very, very tempting. Then again, that is part of the reason I'm still in debt at this point - I chose to put it in the background for longer so I could do other things (like moving to England) instead of putting it in the foreground. On the other hand, if I hadn't done it the way I did, I wouldn't have met all y'all wonderful ppl, so def not a bad decision in that respect.

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                        I see you have your Mom and sister trained well where GABIT is concerned

Myself, I'd go for the car. They are going to have to pry a steering wheel out of my cold, dead hands when I die. I couldn't live without a car!

But that is just me.
                        Oh, I have a functioning car - and while she's a '98, she's also a Carolla who used to be owned by my Grandmother (helllooooooooooo low mileage!), so I'll likely have a good few years before I've managed to drive her into the ground (which was the eventual fate of my last two Carollas ) I think my mom might be angling to get me into a newer car so I can pass mine onto my sister.

Thanks ladies
                        ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                        ames on facebook
                        ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post

Hmmm, as you already know, tattoos are not my forte but if I were to get one I would get a ladybug...as for you however...have you got anything blue yet??
                          I think anything that is respectful and tasteful would be fine...how about the Sanctuary logo but without the word Sanctuary...the pattern is really neat.
                          Good luck with deciding what to get. xo
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Eh-T, you should see my latest tattoo. I got fangs tattooed on my eyeballs and they are awesome.

Ames- debt!
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

The tea lady at work offered my some chocolate biscuits and something snapped. After nomming them I dug out the chocolate I had stashed in my bag and even as I'm eating it I'm eyeing up the chocolate in the vending machine. Dude.

I think Whitakers have got it right with their 47% chocolate. Perfect. I also love their 72%, but it's very rich.
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                                I think Whitakers have got it right with their 47% chocolate. Perfect. I also love their 72%, but it's very rich.
                                Best chocolate I had from Whitakers is the molasses chew...haven't had one in years but OMG they is yummy!

So looks like we Aussies and Kiwi's GABIT...Got Amanda Back in Town...October!!! Yay!!
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X