GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    I don't have any arrangements for the cocktail party, so I would love to join a GW table...that is if anyone is willing to be sit with me. I'm really quite harmless...I promise.

I had so much fun at Gabit, I just can't wait until AT2!
    I can testify to that; Kat is quite harmless, has lovely table manners and is lots of fun. We were seated next to each other during the panels for Gabit 1.
    Last edited by Kliggins; 07 January 2006, 09:29 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nem2k
      im looking forward to meeting everyone as well, but i aint great at introducing myself to random strangers as its kinda scary

plus, you guys do seem a bit mental on here at times lol
      We are not mental, just high spirited. Everyone will be at Gabit to see Amanda and have a good time. If you see a friendly looking group, go up and introduce yourself; I think you will be surprised at how friendly people are. I know I was at the first event I attended.

Originally posted by Nem2k
      man you have to sort out the tables yourselves? aw I have no1 to sit with then cos im going on my own *sob*
      What happens Simon is that the G4 try to accomodate people who know each other by seating them at the same table if they can. It is very early yet; I am sure something will be worked out. There is plenty of time.
      Last edited by Kliggins; 07 January 2006, 09:29 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

312 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!

Comment

Catch-up time...

Originally posted by Feli
          It's the same for all country versions. I did get a sports question right though, I think it was something about Kevin Keegan, wasn't it?
          Think so . I'm with you and Gipsy on the sport questions.
          I can never guess right,so I end up losing usually because of the football/team shirts/cricket grounds .

The 20 year Genus edition is staying at home for Gabit !
          Originally posted by dipsofjazz
          Quiet??? Demure???? You????
          I think the verdict was that I may not be as quiet as I advertised...and demure has already gone into the bin.
          Originally posted by dipsofjazz
          The world will be a safer place if she does!
          Been hibernating for a few days already...
          (Hope you're ok now after that fall ?)
          Originally posted by Rune
          uh huh, forgive my minor scepticism here oh she of the screaming orange feather boa
          I'm very proud of the Boa,and it will be in the case come Nov !
          *Blows giant bubble* Hah ! Found an Anglo left over in my Gabit goodie bag !
          Fluffy,yet satisfying.....
          You know,I'm wondering exactly how the zattings haven't disintegrated poor Kliggs by now...I've lost count.
          She's going to get you......
          Originally posted by Kliggins
          That wasn't very nice, but then I would never expect that of you! That's three zats I owe you now; Baggie are you keeping track?
          Er no..I think you must have at least nine "lives" already though and about 5 seem to have been used.Possibly.
          Ach ! Maths was never my strongest subject.
          *Mumbles*..let's see: at 3 zats per "life"..and counting retaliations,divide by the number of times you or Rune scream for me to stop the other's evil streak and multiply by the number of Gabiteers giving me lip on the thread already..Hmmm.
          I think I may be about to run out of VR lives myself !
          I still owe you one from last year's Gabit; I never claimed it. Just ask Baggie, she knows.
          *Brain goes "Pop" *
          Actually I think you're right..but Rune doesn't have to take my word for it,lol !

Originally posted by Mousie
          I shall be attending again this year, but not to the Friday do. I didn't see you all last time but this time I will make more of an effort to find you all!
          Still got your GW badge from last time . Looking forward to meeting you !
          Originally posted by Tracy Jane
          Gabit seems a bit different to other cons. I mean, firstly it's all Sam fans. Do you do costume or not? Go wacko or normal? Huh? Huh?
          I don't think you had a decent answer yet to this ,so I'm dredging the memory banks,lol !
          Costume optional.I remember seeing some Sam/AT fans wearing green jackets,but most attendees dressed "smart casual".Except for the "Orange theme" Disco on the Saturday evening you don't need to rig up everything in orange !
          (Can ,if you wish though...)
          Originally posted by Tracy Jane
          I mean, if we're doing costume, I need notice so I can sew myself the Emancipation Dress.
          Sounds good.
          I'm not sure if there were fancy dress themes or contests at the Fri/Sunday Discos.Anyone else remember for sure ?
          oh man! what do I wear?? what do I wear??
          im surprisingly fussy about clothing
          For the Cocktail Party it was a dress-up in formal & smart thing.
          Got a dark suit you can beg,borrow/already own ? If stuck just hire one for the w/e then team it up with a plain white/other colour shirt and tie.Sorted ...but there's loads of time to mix/match the Con essentials.
          Whatever you pick,you'll have a fab time and look great,I'm sure.
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by flippy18
            [[hugs to all]]
            Back atcha. Good luck with work.This time of year,everything happens at once.
            Whatever they pay you isn't enough !

Originally posted by Coley
            Looking forward to meeting everyone at GABIT2 - some for the second time.
            *Waves* Ditto !

*Also waves to Kel,rderoch and anyone else I missed due to fiddling about trying to post today*

Originally posted by JuliaR
            I do come out and play as often as I can. You'd be amazed at how much time organising AT2 takes, even this far in advance! <g>
            Good luck wishes with all the organising, to you and the others.
            And in November I'd really like to say hello to you guys properly. Please introduce yourselves to me as you're waiting for Amanda at the auto table so I can say a proper hello. I might even get a chance to say hello on the Friday if you're at the Cocktail Party, so make sure you make yourselves known to me! I'm the one who is always a step behind Amanda with a watch or clock in one hand and the schedule in the other! LOL! :

Julia
            G4
            We met..but you were kinda run ragged,lol ! I didn't want to butt in ,or overstay my welcome at the Autograph table,so better luck saying hi to you this time around.
            Remember you told us all....<B.E.G.>

I can testify to that; Kat is quite harmless, has lovely table manners and is lots of fun. We were seated next to each other during the panels for Gabit 1.
            Seconding that ! *Waves to Kat*
            We are not mental, just high spirited. Everyone will be at Gabit to see Amanda and have a good time. If you see a friendly looking group, go up and introduce yourself; I think you will be surprised at how friendly people are. I know I was at the first event I attended.
            *Snorts at high spirited*
            Yes,you're correct.We were rather a friendly group..and despite it being my first Con ,nerves were at a minimum.Mostly !
            What happens Simon is that the G4 try to accomodate people who know each other by seating them at the same table if they can. It is very early yet; I am sure something will be worked out. There is plenty of time.
            Yes,that about sums it up as I remember it.
            I remember someone saying(Becks ?) that the tables were done in 9's so the last seat was available for Amanda to sit and chat with each party in turn.Pics taken by the photographer and then given to each table's members as a memento.
            Oh ! Gifts to be handed in to staff,and checked before being given to Amanda after the Party.
            (Saves time all round,so the guest can concentrate on chatting and mingling, and cuts any hassle unwrapping parcels,that may contain inappropriate gifts.(Smut,certain "toys"..that kind of thing.Same rule applies at other Con "Parties" elsewhere . )

Plenty time,so don't panic about things anyone ! If in doubt consult the Oracles..Julia and Becks !

ETA : *Waves to Mal* Glad you can get in again.Server probs hopefully are over for you.

Comment

"We met..but you were kinda run ragged,lol ! I didn't want to butt in ,or overstay my welcome at the Autograph table,so better luck saying hi to you this time around.
              Remember you told us all....<B.E.G.>"

LOL! Well while one person is talknig to Amanda I do get a minute to say hi to the person standing in front of me while I get their items to be signed into order and choose the right pen! So at that moment, say hi!

"I remember someone saying(Becks ?) that the tables were done in 9's so the last seat was available for Amanda to sit and chat with each party in turn.Pics taken by the photographer and then given to each table's members as a memento."

The tables are done in nines as you say with a tenth chair for Amanda so she is comfortable and sits down to chat. So if you GWs want to sit together, get yourselves into either a group of nine or if there are more, then two groups. We will ensure if you ask us that your tables will be next to each other so you must let us know. We like to plan well in advance with tables so if you know how many of you are going and can get yourselves into groups then we can make a note. You need to email either me or Becky.
              (our emails are on the Gabit Yahoo group for contact - under members).

"Oh ! Gifts to be handed in to staff,and checked before being given to Amanda after the Party."

We are only allowing gift giving at the autograph session this time around. Too many tables were giving gifts and letters at the cocktail party and it took time away from Amanda talking to everyone, so to be fair to all the attendees present we're only allowing it a the autograph session. Full gift policy information will be forthcoming at a later stage.

"(Saves time all round,so the guest can concentrate on chatting and mingling, and cuts any hassle unwrapping parcels,that may contain inappropriate gifts.(Smut,certain "toys"..that kind of thing.Same rule applies at other Con "Parties" elsewhere . )"

"Gifts and any other notes, card or correspondence will have to be handed in the day before Autos so you can have them back for the Sunday."

Plenty time,so don't panic about things anyone ! If in doubt consult the Oracles..Julia and Becks !

"LOL! Yep, you can always either email one of us or post here and one of us will answer."

Julia
              G4
              To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

LOL! Well while one person is talknig to Amanda I do get a minute to say hi to the person standing in front of me while I get their items to be signed into order and choose the right pen! So at that moment, say hi!
                Will do !
                The tables are done in nines as you say with a tenth chair for Amanda so she is comfortable and sits down to chat.
                I got it right ..and from memory too.
                Thanks for the advice to the CT Party People.I can't go,(school week) but I intend to raise He..er,amuse myself, hanging around the foyer area looking for any nice people from GW or other AT fans who might want to chill during the Friday evening.

(Nearly ended up partying with the crew of an airline last time.*Cough* )

We are only allowing gift giving at the autograph session this time around. Too many tables were giving gifts and letters at the cocktail party and it took time away from Amanda talking to everyone, so to be fair to all the attendees present we're only allowing it a the autograph session. Full gift policy information will be forthcoming at a later stage.
                Thanks,for clarifying that,Julia.Nice to know about changes early,as then everyone will know in advance and not get confuzzled !
                Gifts and any other notes, card or correspondence will have to be handed in the day before Autos so you can have them back for the Sunday.
                Makes sense. (imo. )

"LOL! Yep, you can always either email one of us or post here and one of us will answer."
                Practices the old "Mountie call" song..
                *Sings* (?)
                "When we call on you-oo-ee-oo-oo-oooo,
                You can dig us out the stew-oo-ee-oo-e-oooo "

Please excuse the daftness .I'm recovering from flu and still a bit dopy from Nytol.
                If I get rotten cabbages I may delete that little ditty.Scewy it may look ,but it is on topic !

*Runs away in case of low-flying Bevs or Kliggins*

Comment

I can vouch, for anyone who has doubts that certainly the GATEWORLD Crowd were very friendly at GABIT. I'm quite shy with people I don't know, and generally don't like crowds. I tended to stick by 1Speed, Chopingal and her daughter most of the time, but when I did emerge from my introvert status and talk to people everyone was so warm and friendly - and chatty!!

A big thanks to the GABIT4 for doing all this again. And of course to Amanda she was spectacular at GABIT1. Honest and giving with her answers at the Q&A Sessions - she has such comedic wit - it was like watching a great standup routine. She was a total sport at the auction. I hope they have more items this time so it can last longer!!

I never thought I would go to a fan thing like GABIT. GABIT1 was mainly to meet some of the SaGCT posters. Though I thought Amanda a star actor, at that stage the idea of going to a con just to see Amanda wasn't something I needed to do.

However the experience was fantastic. The event was so well run. Everyone in the audience respected Amanda's privacy regarding their questions. Amanda was entertainment personified and an all round good down to earth egg.

This time I am going not just to meet more of my fellow threaders, but to have another great blast listening to this amazing person - Amanda Tapping!!

Anyone sitting on the fence? Jump off and join in!!

Comment

you were?? What was it like? Tell! Tell!

and Im assuming ur not tracy, but one of the other 3 lucky ones
                    LOL no Simon, Kliggins and Bagpuss aren't me! So you remembered that I was one of the lucky ones

Just delurking like Kel to introduce myself, I'm Tracy I've lurked on these forums for years but as you can see by my post count very rarely post. I remember meeting a few of you at last year's GABIT as I am the attendee liaison and was generally found graffiti-ing the flip chart outside the photo/auto room to keep you guys up to date. (Although I was found at one stage wrapped up in bubblewrap for the Northie Tossing) My role is to help you guys with any problems, queries, questions, in fact anything that's bothering you at the event, if it's solvable and I can't personally do it, I'm sure I'll know someone who can

I see some of you have already started posting at the GABIT forums, so if you have any questions that you want answered in a hurry that's also a very good place to post as all the G4 and GABIT staff read and post there.

I look forward to seeing you guys again and meeting some of you for the first time

Tracy

Comment

Originally posted by t_2
                      LOL no Simon, Kliggins and Bagpuss aren't me! So you remembered that I was one of the lucky ones
                      haha how could I forget! I just remember all the commotion when Amanda realised she was gunna be having tea with you...and rightly so!
                      - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

haha how could I forget! I just remember all the commotion when Amanda realised she was gunna be having tea with you...and rightly so!
                        Yes, she did give me a lot of stick! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by t_2

Just delurking like Kel to introduce myself, I'm Tracy I've lurked on these forums for years but as you can see by my post count very rarely post. I remember meeting a few of you at last year's GABIT as I am the attendee liaison and was generally found graffiti-ing the flip chart outside the photo/auto room to keep you guys up to date. (Although I was found at one stage wrapped up in bubblewrap for the Northie Tossing) My role is to help you guys with any problems, queries, questions, in fact anything that's bothering you at the event, if it's solvable and I can't personally do it, I'm sure I'll know someone who can

I see some of you have already started posting at the GABIT forums, so if you have any questions that you want answered in a hurry that's also a very good place to post as all the G4 and GABIT staff read and post there.

I look forward to seeing you guys again and meeting some of you for the first time

Tracy
                          Tracy, hi!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                            I don't have any arrangements for the cocktail party, so I would love to join a GW table...that is if anyone is willing to be sit with me. I'm really quite harmless...I promise.

I had so much fun at Gabit, I just can't wait until AT2!
                            Yes, I remember your table manners!
                            sigpic

Comment

Wha...???

At least her table manners are a lot better than yours!(and she knows how to use a fork and knife!)
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS

Practices the old "Mountie call" song..
                                *Sings* (?)
                                "When we call on you-oo-ee-oo-oo-oooo,
                                You can dig us out the stew-oo-ee-oo-e-oooo "

Please excuse the daftness .I'm recovering from flu and still a bit dopy from Nytol.
                                If I get rotten cabbages I may delete that little ditty.Scewy it may look ,but it is on topic !

*Runs away in case of low-flying Bevs or Kliggins*
                                Holy Hannah! ....and Kligs wouldn't allow me to sing!!!! *throws rotten tomatoes at Baggie*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X