No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a bell closet is usually close to the front desk. it's where the bell boys store stuff, such as peoples luggage. it can be locked up there and only hotel staff has a key

obviously i've never been to this hotel so i have no idea if that's a possibility or not, but it could be an option
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

the hotel does have luggage storage for guests who check out on Sunday morning.

The Digital pictures machine was out of order when we arrived on wednesday and they were not able to get it fixed.

I didn't use the business centre but I know a lot of people did quite sucessfully.

The Hotel room rate we have negitiated includes VAT ( sales tax at 17.5%) and Breakfast from the brassarie. if you take breakfast in your room then a room serice charge applies.
      Singles are 70 pounds and doubles/ twins 80.

I personally re-commend the steak sandwich from the bar. It's a "half baggette" size and quite substantail, so, get an extra protion of fries and share the sandwich with a friend!!!

The room booking code isn't avialble yet we need to get it all set up first ( we also test these things ourselves before we let you guys loose on them so that we can be sure things run smoothely) so pateince kiddies!

Anyway I was just thinking what on earth are all these new smilelys then I looked and wow... someone has had WAY too much time on thier hands

but they are cool

Becks
      G4

Comment

Yeah aren't they great!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nem2k
          lol are you going to the cocktail party? because im in need of a room mate as well
          No, unfortunately I was too late to snag a ticket for the cocktail party. Why, is your room mate not allowed to go to the party?
          In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
          so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
          Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
          Hic Comitas Regit
          Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
          Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

On the subject of Cocktail party tickets...

we have not yet allocated all the available tickets.

We set thesystem up to sell a number of tickets and held some back in case the system failed and over sold. they system didn't fail and when it reached it's pre-set limit it said the party was sold out.

The way it worked was as you filled out the reg form and hit submit, it took you "tickets" off the "tickets left" numbers BEFORE it took you to world pay.

Now several people had problems with the reg form, or if you went back to correct a spelling error or something we ended up getting two forms and the tickets sold got taken off the total left twice.

There were also a couple of problems with people's credit cards, once they got to world pay, and then they re-registered again...

So bottom line is we DO have some cocktail party tickets left but we need to let the dust settle before we start re-allocating them to those that had bought weekend tickets after the system changed to sold out. Lida was one of the first people to see the "sold out" sign once it tripped over so we knew we could safely re-allocate those, but the rest we want to make sure we have our ducks in a row before we contact people.

The G4 are playing holiday tag at the moment so we've delayed a final decision about re-allocations until the end of January when we are all back.

Becks
            G4

Comment

Happy New Year Gabitees!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rune
                *bounces about *I don't have anything relevant to add except *SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!!*

oh, and when can I zat Kliggs again please Baggie?

*throws HobNobs at Kliggs in the meantime*
                *Folds arms and tries to look stern*
                (Hard to do when I'm around you lot of reprobates,believe me..)
                Now actually..but only once, (each!) and only 'cos you asked first !
                Originally posted by Kliggins
                You want to zat me again? Sheesh, wasn't once enough?
                Once is never enough...whether for VR "Zattings" ,Hobnobs,or Gabit Events !

Could you find someone else to be good at with? I know Bev would love to volunteer.
                Poor Bev...volunteered (in her absence too)for a zat-fight at the GW Tearoom .
                You and Rune are going to be as hilarious as previously ,I think !
                I,on the other hand, will be the quiet,demure one in the corner.........
                Originally posted by AmberMoon
                Thanks Baggie! I'm just so excited I can't stand it. I feel like Bev's hyper smilie guy! Thanks for the link to the hotel too.
                (((((((((((((AmberMoon)))))))))))) I know how you feel,as we were all a bit hyped up for the first event.
                (What am I saying...we've got hundreds of days to go and the excitement levels are dangerous already,lol !)
                Glad the link helped.Plenty more info available,just ask ,and someone will help out!

Originally posted by Skydiver
                a bell closet is usually close to the front desk. it's where the bell boys store stuff, such as peoples luggage. it can be locked up there and only hotel staff has a key
                Thanks ,Skydiver. Usually I know the US/Canadian equivalents to Brit-speak,through my US-based relatives,friends,and GWrs ,but that term wasn't one I'd come across before.

Becks : Thanks for the info about the luggage,CT Party,etc and the Steak Sandwich is on my "must try " list,providing the menu doesn't change.

*Slurps* Enough for two ? We'll see ...
                Regards to you all at the Gabitry and beyond,as always.*Sends hugs*

Kliggins : Pretty Lighty-Lights .Wow !!

Happy New Year and best wishes, Gabiteers !
                Plus lurkers !

Finally ,on behalf of Mal,today's countdown :
                319 days till AT2.
                Last edited by Bagpuss; 01 January 2006, 05:15 AM.
                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                  You and Rune are going to be as hilarious as previously ,I think !
                  I,on the other hand, will be the quiet,demure one in the corner.........
                  Quiet, demure one in the corner.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ah,phooey ! I tried to be demure !
                    ("Quiet " kinda got lost.I think it was chucked away ,once I met you ladies,and all the other lovely people at G1 !)

Comment

Baggie demure! *snort*
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                        Baggie demure! *snort*
                        LOL, my thoughts exactly!

Comment

so, how may of gw's mods are going to be at gabit?????

gips and I, feli are you coming? Mads, ship?

i doubt that darren and david can swing it, they always do vancouver anyway (cooler goodies for them) and i have no idea about tame, kiwi or mt

but could we be having a mini gw mod convention as well???
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Baggie demure! *snort*
                            Originally posted by Feli
                            I knew it!
                            sigpic

Comment

Baggie demure! *snort*
                              Originally posted by Feli
                              I knew it!
                              Infamy,Infamy....they've all got it Infamy !
                              *Lobs a Snickers bar to GG,a copy of Titanic to Feli and a honking great boot at Kliggsy-Wiggsy*
                              (Not really ,I like you all !)
                              Righto..scrapping "demure" from my middle names list.
                              How about "dozy yet sociable " ?
                              (With a side order of "easily confused" .)
                              Originally posted by Skydiver
                              so, how may of gw's mods are going to be at gabit?????

gips and I, feli are you coming? Mads, ship?

i doubt that darren and david can swing it, they always do vancouver anyway (cooler goodies for them) and i have no idea about tame, kiwi or mt

but could we be having a mini gw mod convention as well???
                              A mini Mod-Gathering would be terrific,while you get the chance,wouldn't it ?
                              I remember references way back,about you lot dancing around in the circle,waving your little hammers around,whilst dodging the ray-gun.Not that you'd get much time for that, in between the panels,and other fun of the Con.

318 days to go .
                              ie,tons of time..and I'm going to run away now.Visitors cometh,and I need to do some kid-wrangling.

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                                Infamy,Infamy....they've all got it Infamy !
                                *Lobs a Snickers bar to GG,a copy of Titanic to Feli and a honking great boot at Kliggsy-Wiggsy*
                                (Not really ,I like you all !)
                                Righto..scrapping "demure" from my middle names list.
                                How about "dozy yet sociable " ?
                                (With a side order of "easily confused" .)
                                Nice boot! Could you at least throw the other one so I have a matched set?

Originally posted by F.H.Bagpuss
                                A mini Mod-Gathering would be terrific,while you get the chance,wouldn't it ?
                                I remember references way back,about you lot dancing around in the circle,waving your little hammers around,whilst dodging the ray-gun.Not that you'd get much time for that, in between the panels,and other fun of the Con.
                                Waving little hammers around. *note to self, more memory cards*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X