GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Thinks*
    If cycling down Bath Rd isn't an option,then other options must be considered !
    Pavement buggy,then ? Golf Kart ?
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      I've got my Gabit ticket and room all booked.
      We'll be there Thursday through Monday.

I can't believe I'm actually getting excited about getting on an airplane.
      That's great news - looking forward to meeting you!

Remember deep breaths and a few swigs of Jack Daniels (no puns please) and time will just fly - ahem!!! Seriously I hope the flight goes okay for you and a big bowl of blue jello to you for defying your fear!! Well done Kat! We'll be there at the other end for you!

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
        Are you sure about this?

Does the phrase "all the gear, no idea" mean anything to you? Well, that's me...
        Errr -are we still talking Bass playing here?

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
          That's great news - looking forward to meeting you!

Remember deep breaths and a few swigs of Jack Daniels (no puns please) and time will just fly - ahem!!! Seriously I hope the flight goes okay for you and a big bowl of blue jello to you for defying your fear!! Well done Kat! We'll be there at the other end for you!
          If I were lucky I would be like my husband and flying to the UK business class, then I could get all the Jack I wanted (Egads, my mind suddenly went into the gutter for a minute there after re-reading what I had just written).

*Shakes Jack out of her mind* *Cough* I've never been on an international flight. Is alcohol free? I can't believe I had actually considered buying a first class ticket. My husband laughed at me...hysterically. I'm very naive when it comes to flying as I don't do it often. He just left on a flight to Australia yesterday. I nearly died when the bill came in... $8800.00 for an airplane ticket. Thank god his company reimburses everything. Needless to say I'll be flying in the cheap seats. ROFL

I'll just take my laptop loaded to the brim with fic... maybe that will keep my mind off the flight.
          Last edited by ForeverSg1; 31 July 2005, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            If I were lucky I would be like my husband and flying to the UK business class, then I could get all the Jack I wanted (Egads, my mind suddenly went into the gutter for a minute there after re-reading what I had just written).

*Shakes Jack out of her mind* *Cough* I've never been on an international flight. Is alcohol free? I can't believe I had actually considered buying a first class ticket. My husband laughed at me...hysterically. I'm very naive when it comes to flying as I don't do it often. He just left on a flight to Australia yesterday. I nearly died when the bill came in... $8800.00 for an airplane ticket. Thank god his company reimburses everything. Needless to say I'll be flying in the cheap seats. ROFL

I'll just take my laptop loaded to the brim with fic... maybe that will keep my mind off the flight.
            I love flying. But dont worry you will be fine. Will you be flying into Heathrow? It's very easy to get to the hotel's. Were are you flying from??

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
              *Thinks*
              Walking?

Comment

LOL ! I suppose Kliggins could just take a stroll...but where's the fun in that ?

*Now pondering whether JD/Blue jelly might be a rather nice mixture to try out sometime*

Comment

*Thinks*
                  Not sure what a pavement buggy is unless it is a stroller, but golf cart sounds nice. Not quite as speedy as I am used to, but I could adapt.
                  sigpic

Comment

Pavement buggies in the UK,are usually motorised and used by the injured/disabled .The better vehicles have rainhoods/cover,indication lights,mirrors and some storage space .Baby buggies=strollers.(AKA "Prams".)
                    Golf Karts/Buggies are an upmarket version of the little vehicles I called Pavement buggies.Top speed approx 5-10 mph,I think.

Yep.Looks like you're walking,Kligs..I'm certain you and I'd manage a faster mph than that,lol !

Comment

Pavement buggies in the UK,are usually motorised and used by the injured/disabled .The better vehicles have rainhoods/cover,indication lights,mirrors and some storage space .Baby buggies=strollers.(AKA "Prams".)
                      Golf Karts/Buggies are an upmarket version of the little vehicles I called Pavement buggies.Top speed approx 5-10 mph,I think.

Yep.Looks like you're walking,Kligs..I'm certain you and I'd manage a faster mph than that,lol !
                      I will need to walk anyway, to work off those Mars Bars I plan on splurging on.

Thanks for the infor about pavement buggies.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
                        I love flying. But dont worry you will be fine. Will you be flying into Heathrow? It's very easy to get to the hotel's. Were are you flying from??
                        I'm not sure where exactly we'll be flying in yet. Whereever we can get a straight through flight at a decent rate I would assume. I wasn't sure if Heathrow was an International airport or not. We're coming the States. Dallas Texas to be exact. Though I have to admit I'm a transplant so no southern accent for me.

Comment

You're in a for a treat Kligs...thar be snackage available near the Renaissance Hotel !

I hope this link will be useful,especially for those like yourself,who'll be flying in for the Con.

http://www.londontoolkit.com/lhr/renaissance_lhr.htm

(Just ignore the booking blurb ! )

ETA :The Hoppa Bus/local bus between Heathrow/Renaissance seems a bit confusing,but it's probably simpler than it looks...
                          http://www.londontoolkit.com/lhr/hotel_hoppa_bus.htm
                          Last edited by Bagpuss; 31 July 2005, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Ok,it's August 1st.Time for a repost of the "Roll Call"..and time to do the Countdown.

Mal
                            F.H.Bagpuss
                            Seabee
                            ChopinGal
                            dipsofjazz
                            1speed4Sam
                            Coley
                            ForeverSg1
                            Kliggins
                            Sue_the_Lurker
                            Polosmoothie
                            GateGipsy & Baby Gipsy (Both still maybe? They are in vancouver this week)
                            Rowan(maybe)

Only 89 days to go !

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                              Errr -are we still talking Bass playing here?
                              I was - dare I ask what you're talking about?

Comment

You're in a for a treat Kligs...thar be snackage available near the Renaissance Hotel !

I hope this link will be useful,especially for those like yourself,who'll be flying in for the Con.

http://www.londontoolkit.com/lhr/renaissance_lhr.htm

(Just ignore the booking blurb ! )

ETA :The Hoppa Bus/local bus between Heathrow/Renaissance seems a bit confusing,but it's probably simpler than it looks...
                                http://www.londontoolkit.com/lhr/hotel_hoppa_bus.htm
                                Great info baggie

Comment

Working...
                                X