No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i had the same thing happen. there was a 20£ bill in my passport holder. not a fortune, but enough for several starbucks.

Comment

Haha, awesome! I purposely always come home with foreign money, though. It's so pwetty.

I once thought of framing a few bills to hang on the wall, but reasoning stepped in thankfully so now I just reuse whatever I bring home afterward. Right now I have various currency in GBP as well as NZD. After AT5, I'll be adding Euros to my unofficial collection. Heh.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        Ah, but by Monday it will be a balmy -10C .

I was bundled up, I am nothing if not sensible . Still just wearing runners though, better for walking and as long as I keep moving and have a good pair of socks, my feet stay warm. Kind of forgot the other night that I was wearing a balaclava. Stopped into the 7-11 on the way home and gave the poor clerk a bit of a fright!

Beautiful sun dogs this morning because of the sun and the cold.
        You are sensible. Certainly don't want any digits to get frost bitten.

Sun dogs? Please splain
        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
        William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
        Anon

Comment

I know I have some pound coins somewhere around here... Also, my granddad just emptied the euros in his wallet into mine. Score!
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

i just checked my savings acct. balance and got great news. i brought all my coins in last week. they send it to the main bank to get cashed in and there was almost $400.00. i never use my coins. if my total is $4.01 i give them a five and always put my change in a jar. that will buy me a whole bunch of starbucks?? i might even splurge and get a mocha or frappucino!

Comment

Concert's over! Now I can start thinking about AT5. What do I need to bring and what do I need to leave home? Hmm... *wanders off*
              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                You are sensible. Certainly don't want any digits to get frost bitten.

Sun dogs? Please splain
                they are like circles, sometimes rainbows around the sun especially when it's cold.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                  Concert's over! Now I can start thinking about AT5. What do I need to bring and what do I need to leave home? Hmm... *wanders off*
                  How did it go???

*points at sig* Milou is a half year old today!! The happiest, prettiest little girl Some pictures of december in spoilers (I didn't even take any pics in january ... bad mom).

Spoiler:
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                    i just checked my savings acct. balance and got great news. i brought all my coins in last week. they send it to the main bank to get cashed in and there was almost $400.00. i never use my coins. if my total is $4.01 i give them a five and always put my change in a jar. that will buy me a whole bunch of starbucks?? i might even splurge and get a mocha or frappucino!
                    Oh yes! That Starbucks is gonna be dangerous.
                    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                      How did it go???

*points at sig* Milou is a half year old today!! The happiest, prettiest little girl Some pictures of december in spoilers (I didn't even take any pics in january ... bad mom).
                      CUTE! Oh, I'm so happy for you guys... getting to hang out with her every day
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

How did it go???

January isn't over yet. You still have time to take photos. Get clicking!

Comment

How did it go???

<snip>
                          It went fabulously well, thanks!

Milou is just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the pics.
                          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

you'll see a gorgous pic of one down on this page
                            http://ponygirlponderings.blogspot.c...d-sundogs.html

you see them a lot in the winter, when the atmosphere is full of ice crystals and the sun will reflect off those, making smaller 'fake suns' to the side of hte real one.

In that photo, the sun is also reflecting off the snow on the ground.

If i could find it i got a decent photo of one last winter
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              you'll see a gorgous pic of one down on this page
                              http://ponygirlponderings.blogspot.c...d-sundogs.html

you see them a lot in the winter, when the atmosphere is full of ice crystals and the sun will reflect off those, making smaller 'fake suns' to the side of hte real one.

In that photo, the sun is also reflecting off the snow on the ground.

If i could find it i got a decent photo of one last winter
                              Now I know what ya'll are talking about. Have seen them, but never knew they had a name. I've learned something new today.
                              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                              Anon

Comment

Getting everyone at work ready for me to not be there.
                                I think I've managed to figure out what luggage I'm bringing -- now to pack and then weigh each piece ... not looking forward to that part!
                                Still debating what footwear to bring, due to the curling wrinkle.
                                Still need to book train tickets and write out itinerary for the (hopefully) nice people at immigration. Oh, and pick up flight tickets. Yes, that would also be good!
                                Should probably do some homework in the very near future, so I have it done before I'm away...
                                Still also need to pick up travel containers for fluids ... and find the nifty travel document bag I bought months ago and put 'in a safe place' ...
                                Oh and to buy chocolate. That's a definite must!

Hmmm ... apparently my brain's doing a bit of a multi-task-FAIL atm, so maybe going back to writing lists would be an idea ... then again, I just came home (in -20C, although having read about Eh-T's journey to work above, I'm going to refrain from complaining!) from a 14 hour shift, so that might have some bearing on my scatteredness atm! Ehn, we'll go with it!
                                ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                                ames on facebook
                                ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Working...
                                X