No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can actually find Tim Horton's in Spar convenient stores in Ireland, so they have made it across the pond.

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
      We have Tim Horton's in Michigan. There's three that I know of in the city I live in. Two of them are about a mile from my house. (in opposite directions)

I found that the numerical prices are about the same in the UK and the US. ie: if it costs $5 in the US, the price is £5 in the UK. So, if you can train your brain to think in pounds, the trip doesn't seem so expensive. (at least not until you get home and look at your bills)
      Yeah, I heard there is one in Ohio too, but still way to far to drive to get a cup of coffee. Just need to ease south just a *bit* more.

Hah! You got that right with the prices. I'm always very analytical so I double the prices at least when I cross the pond and play in British pounds. Haven't had the experience with yet with the Euro, but I soon will. Not even sure how the conversion works out yet.

Anyone going to NZ now will have fun with their spending as the US dollar does very well. I bought a Angora scarf there one day because it was so chilly and when I saw the receipt I did hyperventilate for a minute till I did the conversion and realized I paid 1/4 less than what it actually said. Heh.

Originally posted by antoa View Post
      You can actually find Tim Horton's in Spar convenient stores in Ireland, so they have made it across the pond.
      Ah, yes. I remember this being mentioned before now. My mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
        A caramel macciatto (sp?) which is one of the speciality coffees at Starbucks is around £3.75 for a large one. Just had one last week. Personally I love Starbucks coffees (esp the above coffee) and lived off them at the Sheraton for TSE and MTM (ask Sophie who was continually getting them for me! LOL)

I've been down to the Renaissance and it is in the glass alcove as you enter the main front entrance to your right hand side. It's well placed and a nice enhancement for those who want it as a choice.

Julia
        G4
        Okay, that isn't as bad as I thought. A tall vanilla latte in NYC is like $4.20. This is why I have severely curtailed my Starbucks spending. If I go to get out of the house to write, I buy a tea ($1.50) and have a seat and do my work.
        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

also, the price for coffee seems higher when it's in a hotel than at a regular stbx store. or maybe it was the state i was inthe charged more. a venti plain coffee was(a year ago) $1.80 here in chicago and at the L.A. con it was around 2.50(in the hotel. i can't remember how much it was at the wall. of course everything was pricey at the wall. i still can't believe i paid $30 + tax for a buffet breakfast. i should have looked at the menu. and...one night i had such a taste for ice cream which i hardly ever have and pain $10 for 2 scoops at the hotel. i could have had 4 stbx for that amount.
          when i went to Iceland last year after the AT4 i survived on the instant stbx coffee. that poor unfortunate country has no stbx at all. but it was much better than any other instant coffee i've ever had.

Comment

Starbucks in the Ren, that sounds fantastic! I hope they do hot chocolate and latte’s!

Julia(samcarterrules)
            sigpic
            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Starbucks at the Ren - that means there is no excuse for anyone to be tired during any and all AT events - so party all night and drink up!! I hope they're open 24/7.
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

dream on......they probably open around 6am and close around 8pm. but what you could do is order a bunch or drinks before they close and put them in your room fridge and then find a microwave somewhere later when you need one. there has to be a microwave available somewhere in the ren.

Comment

Been offline because life has not been good. Air Canada is having a seat sale and I need to book in the next 10 days or so. Just wondering when everyone is arriving/leaving.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                    Been offline because life has not been good. Air Canada is having a seat sale and I need to book in the next 10 days or so. Just wondering when everyone is arriving/leaving.
                    Ooh. I need to check out the airfare sales soon too. It looks now like I'm coming in the weekend before the con and leaving the Wednesday after. Really looking forward to meeting everyone.
                    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

*pats* Sorry things are crappy. Cel and I are arriving on the 8th, leaving on the 16th.
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

So sorry life's been pounding you!! That suck's. Hope it's nothing really serious! ((((EH-T))))
                        I arrive on Feb 9th and leave Tuesday the 15th. Kinda short trip.
                        sigpic

otoole/Erin

Comment

Sorry to hear life has been tough.

As for AT5, I had been considering the 9th to the 16th, but it's looking like I won't be able to go at all.

Comment

sorry to hear that, but better days are coming. i'm flying in on the 5th, but will be doing train day trips till registration friday. did you like my post card? i thought it was very appropriate.

Comment

So sorry to hear that Hope things will turn around for you soon *hugs*
                              And to answer your question, I'll be arriving thursday and leaving monday.

Comment

Wishing you better days ahead...take care. *hugs*

P.S - I'll be arriving sometime around AT6. Not sure when I'll be leaving.
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X