GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
    Yay!! I'm very happy and proud to announce, that after a short but very intense labour our little girl Milou (pronounce: me-loo, kinda french) was born this morning at 8.22! 6 days overdue.

My water broke at 11.00pm, contractions hit at 1.30am, at 2.30 were only 2/3 minutes apart, at 8.11 I was fully dilated, at 8.22 she was born. 100% natural delivery

We ended up at the hospital at 5.00am, her heartbeat was a little low, but all was well. Very proud I did it all myself. She is SO cute! My heart is flooded with love!

*hugs to all*
    CONGRATS.....to both you and Milou....I am a very happy Auntie!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
      Yay!! I'm very happy and proud to announce, that after a short but very intense labour our little girl Milou (pronounce: me-loo, kinda french) was born this morning at 8.22! 6 days overdue.

My water broke at 11.00pm, contractions hit at 1.30am, at 2.30 were only 2/3 minutes apart, at 8.11 I was fully dilated, at 8.22 she was born. 100% natural delivery

We ended up at the hospital at 5.00am, her heartbeat was a little low, but all was well. Very proud I did it all myself. She is SO cute! My heart is flooded with love!

*hugs to all*
      WOO HOO! Welcome to the outside world Milou! Does she have a Gateworld account yet?
      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
      Anon

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS LIES & LIES' HUBBY ON THE SAFE ARRIVAL OF YOUR BEAUTIFUL NEW LITTLE BUNDLE OF PURE JOY & BLISS - MILOU!

I'm so very happy that you both now have a precious little angel of your own to love and cherish and have the joy to help and watch her grow up to be the amazing person I'm sure she will be. Sending you virtual hugs and kisses from me and my family to you and yours. Welcome to parenthood.

Milou - welcome to the world little one. May you love and cherish your mummy and daddy as much as they love and cherish you.

Righto - I'm off to do some baby shopping.
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Congratulations, Lies!!!! That's wonderful and I love the name (a friend had a kitty by that name years and years ago and I loved the name at the time thinking what a great name for a wee girl. Let's see some pictures when you get a chance!

Love, Donamac

Comment

I bought something for the baby to wear when she's a lot older...and something for the next few months...still wanting to collect a few more things before I send the parcel off. The kids and I were in the baby clothing section for way too long debating over what colours and what sizes and styles...in the end, I grabbed a size 2 dress and a couple of jumpsuits she can grow into.
            Came home to find our footy team won again...yay!!! Forgot all about the "life in a day" thing on YT...my life's a bit boring so not sure I will bother. Besides, I don't keep things in my pockets and my fears...well how does one say they fear death without the clip becoming morbid?
            It's cold, dark and the boys are watching 4x4 tv...excitement abounds - not! On the upside, I am free to read fanfcition until I have to start dinner.

Any more news yet from CC...pics please!!!!!!
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I bought tickets to GABIT's SE and MTM events late last year and unfortunately now with only a few weeks to go I have had a change in my job situation and will no longer be able to attend

While I'm upset I wont be able to go I also dont want the tickets to go to waste, so I'm wondering is there anybody out there who might like to purchase my tickets? I am willing to negotiate on a resonable prices for the tickets since it is so close to the events and will also make a deal for both tickets, though I am also willing to sell them seperately.

If you are interested or you know someone who might be could you please email me at [email protected]

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                That is my preferred color, especially since everyone goes for pink for a girl.
                I actually ended up with more white and yellow clothes than pink. So when Niki was a week old...her first shopping trip...I bought her her first pink dress and pink jumpsuits. And even when dressed in a pink frilly dress with a pretty pink lace headband on, I actually had someone ask me if it was a boy a girl...so I like pink for girls...most "normal" people get what gender it is. When they wear more neutral colours, it's hard to tell gender. Though having said that, one of the items I bought for Milou is blue. But she won't be able to wear it for quite a while so hopefully by then no one's gonna question if she's a boy or girl based on the colour of her dress...with the white bow. The only thing I did was when I had Niki, she couldn't wear blue jumpsuits or singlets or socks....blues dresses were acceptable once she got a biut older but as an infant, I stuck with whites and pinks...and a little bit of yellow. With Tom, I didn't use any of Niki's pink things on him...even if it was only a singlet or socks...I had all blue, green, white and reds for him.
                I never used purple/lavender or any psychedelic patterned clothes on either kids. I think I was more a traditionalist. I even used nighties, cardigans, bonnets, mittens and booties...and the old style bunny rugs. And both babies slept in a bassinette with the netting draped over the top.
                Hubby posed the idea of having another baby again recently...he gets clucky sometimes. I can't have any more children so the decision is made for us. I suggested we adopt a puppy...but we're a one dog family...for now!

Am still over the moon on little Milou's arrival. Can't wait to see her.
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

my sister only wanted gender neutral clothing, with the 'pass it down to another baby' attitude....until Cay got called a boy a few too many times. she was slow to get hair and looked like a little boy to the casual observer....all of a sudden, pink wasn't evil anymore

now cay is in full little girl mode, preferring dresses and 'princess shoes' to shorts
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                    WOO HOO! Welcome to the outside world Milou! Does she have a Gateworld account yet?
                    LOL! Give her time...at least until next week.

Originally posted by donamac View Post
                    Congratulations, Lies!!!! That's wonderful and I love the name (a friend had a kitty by that name years and years ago and I loved the name at the time thinking what a great name for a wee girl. Let's see some pictures when you get a chance!

Love, Donamac
                    Hey, nice to see you. You are going to SE, right?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

only 4 more days -- time to bring the suitcases in from the garage and remove all the saw dust and spider webs.

Comment

i have my bags 'pre packed'....as in i have a lot of the stuff in them and semi ready. I'll need to pack toiletries, etc once i'm back from KC this week.

passport, money, pics to be auto'd, all set out

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          i have my bags 'pre packed'....as in i have a lot of the stuff in them and semi ready. I'll need to pack toiletries, etc once i'm back from KC this week.

passport, money, pics to be auto'd, all set out
                          The only thing I have is the Canadian money...a passport of course (but I already had that), a bottle of SANCTUARY Wine (thanks to Wine_Buyer's info), and a bunch of dirty clothes which needs to be washed. I haven't had any time....but on Monday....no wait I have to run errands. Hmmm.....maybe Tuesday????
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                            The only thing I have is the Canadian money...a passport of course (but I already had that), a bottle of SANCTUARY Wine (thanks to Wine_Buyer's info), and a bunch of dirty clothes which needs to be washed. I haven't had any time....but on Monday....no wait I have to run errands. Hmmm.....maybe Tuesday????
                            We're seat neighbours at SE right? So as long as you pack deodorant and enough clean clothes to get you through to Monday, we'll be fine
                            The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
                            Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

Hey and if you're really lucky....I might even shower.
                              sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X