GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kliggins
    Yippee!!!! London, here I come. Time off from work is officially approved.

Lets see, I don't play an instrument and you don't want to hear me sing, so I guess I will have to be the adoring cheering section or I guess I could provide the drinks.
    Bartenders are always needed! And they get better tips than the band!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...uorCabinet.jpg
      Thanks ChopinGal; consider the drinks on me!
      sigpic

Comment

Yippee!!!! London, here I come. Time off from work is officially approved.
        Woo-Hoo! So you have a full "Go" then....I'm all organised too.Instead of the kids going to Hubby's parents,and the neighbours feeding my cat,now,the plan's much better.
        My lovely Sister In Law and her Hubs are going to come and "House-Sit" instead.The Gabit w/e apparently coincides with my Bro-IL having a long w/e off from work.Very handy,and I'm deeply grateful to them both.
        Now all I have to do is make sure I get them some really nice pressies....
        Lets see, I don't play an instrument and you don't want to hear me sing, so I guess I will have to be the adoring cheering section or I guess I could provide the drinks.
        *Starts stockpiling peanuts ,pretzels etc,as a contribution to the "Bar"*
        True. My sister used to make more than double her bar wages in tips from grateful customers,as she knew all the proper cocktail drinks and how to make them,without having to perpetually look up the instructions.

As MAL hasn't been in yet,I'll do the countdown ,if I may.

91 days to Gabit !!
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
          I'm all organised too. My lovely Sister In Law and her Hubs are going to come and "House-Sit" instead.The Gabit w/e apparently coincides with my Bro-IL having a long w/e off from work.Very handy,and I'm deeply grateful to them both.
          Let me know if there is anything I can bring from California to help with presents. I will have plenty of room in my suitcase. I can't bring sunshine though, it does not travel well.
          sigpic

Comment

Woo-Hoo! So you have a full "Go" then....I'm all organised too.Instead of the kids going to Hubby's parents,and the neighbours feeding my cat,now,the plan's much better.
            My lovely Sister In Law and her Hubs are going to come and "House-Sit" instead.The Gabit w/e apparently coincides with my Bro-IL having a long w/e off from work.Very handy,and I'm deeply grateful to them both.

*Starts stockpiling peanuts ,pretzels etc,as a contribution to the "Bar"*

True. My sister used to make more than double her bar wages in tips from grateful customers,as she knew all the proper cocktail drinks and how to make them,without having to perpetually look up the instructions.

As MAL hasn't been in yet,I'll do the countdown ,if I may.

91 days to Gabit !!
            ::waves::

Comment

Let me know if there is anything I can bring from California to help with presents. I will have plenty of room in my suitcase. I can't bring sunshine though, it does not travel well.
              Our hot weather has gone AWOL. but i dont mind

Some dry weather in october would be nice. Though most of the time we wil be in the hotel.

::fingers crossed:: we dont have weather like WOLF SG5! That weekend was rough! Though of course we wont be on the irish sea coast.

Comment

Let me know if there is anything I can bring from California to help with presents. I will have plenty of room in my suitcase.
                Raisins.Loads & loadsa lovely So-Cal raisins ! Oops...not what you meant,obviously.
                I can't bring sunshine though, it does not travel well.
                I firmly believe that some people carry their own personal sunshine with them.You are one of those people,Kliggins,imo.

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
                ::waves::
                *waves back happily*
                I see you're feeling a little better today,MAL ...you found those handy little " " smilicons again !

PS : I hope the weather is dryish to fair for Gabit.Otherwise everyone'll get soaked if/when we need to venture outside !

Comment

I firmly believe that some people carry their own personal sunshine with them. You are one of those people, Kliggins, imo.

PS : I hope the weather is dryish to fair for Gabit.Otherwise everyone'll get soaked if/when we need to venture outside !
                  What a lovely thought! And who better to live that philosophy than Amanda! Sounds like Klig is in her camp too.

Outside?! We're going outside?

Comment

What a lovely thought! And who better to live that philosophy than Amanda! Sounds like Klig is in her camp too.

At the wolf cons in the heathrow thistle hotel you needed to go outside to get to the main hotel from the convention centre. Also last time we went outside to Macdonalds and the Sheridon for food. Mac's for cheap food. The Sheridon for a DECENT meal. (lets just say that the THISTLE was not top quality. LOL

I'm wondering if this hotel will have everythinh under the one roof.... I hope so. It might mean we wont need to leave the hotel (unless you want a walk).

I think i'll email Sue_the_lurker.... I know she was going to scout out the hotel this week.

Comment

I'm wondering if this hotel will have everythinh under the one roof.... I hope so. It might mean we wont need to leave the hotel (unless you want a walk).
                      Walk? I am from California; you mean that thing you do with your two legs. I am not sure I remember how.
                      sigpic

Comment

Walk? I am from California; you mean that thing you do with your two legs. I am not sure I remember how.
                        You put one foot in front of the other and then swing the other foot forwards Usually your feet point in the same direction.... unless you are like me. Then your left foot twists out.

If you have problems i'm sure we can find some rollarblades.

90 DAYS TO GO!!!!!

FHB: I'm not sure if ill have time to update the count down tommorw morning. Can you do it please??? ((((((((hugs)))))))))

Comment

What a lovely thought! And who better to live that philosophy than Amanda!
                          Thanks,CG. I try to have lovely thoughts all the time...then RL usually brings me down with a thud . I have tons of posts on the Sulky Thread to prove it !
                          As for Amanda,I think she's a very genuine and sunny-side-up person,and hasn't let success go to her head at all.
                          Maybe..maybe not."It's possible"......sorry,JM moment !

I think i'll email Sue_the_lurker.... I know she was going to scout out the hotel this week.
                          Good thinking ,MAL. I'm wondering about things like cashpoints,garages etc in the area.

Mwahahaha ! Why walk if you can cycle,like Coley and 1sfSam ?
                          I'm sure there'll be a cycle-hire shop nearby...

Comment

I dont think BATH ROAD is somewhere were i'd recomend cycling....

Comment

FHB: I'm not sure if ill have time to update the count down tommorw morning. Can you do it please??? ((((((((hugs)))))))))
                              Oooohh,.....you know me so well.I'll do (almost!) anything for huggles !
                              Of course I'll remember,MAL.

(((((((((((((MAL))))))))))))))
                              plus :
                              (((((((((((((everyone else))))))))))))

So,cycling won't be too good an idea.Ok,scratch that then.

Comment

Originally posted by Seren Lwch
                                You put one foot in front of the other and then swing the other foot forwards Usually your feet point in the same direction.... unless you are like me. Then your left foot twists out.

If you have problems i'm sure we can find some rollarblades.

Thanks Mal; I will start practicing.

You want me to walk and cycle? I will have to practice that too.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X