No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh. Jet lag caught up with me just as everyone was getting ready for the AT4 ball. I took one look at my costume and couldn't handle it. Ended up wearing a random assortment of comfortable clothes, smudged makeup and frizzy hair. Sexy as. I never did come up with an abnormality.

ETA: readind my above description, maybe the abnormality checkers thought it best to avoid eye contact and just let me in
    Last edited by NZNeep; 09 July 2010, 04:15 AM.
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Yeah, jet lag does suck. My first AT event I tried to do in a whirlwind weekend (left on Thursday evening and arrived home on Monday) and I think I was jet-lagged from the first few hours on British soil. I'll NEVER try that again. Any trip overseas will be allocated at least a week for the fun and so I'll at least be half-way non-zombie like in appearance.

Sky, I can't get into view my profile. I keep getting a fatal error message. Any help?

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
        Sky, I can't get into view my profile. I keep getting a fatal error message. Any help?
        Neither can I...I can't access mine or anyone else's...what is wrong with GW...apart from the obvious.
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Yeah, I'll be busy with SE stuff too. But a table designated at the Abby ball for chocolate (as there will also be a spot for the jello) might work out better. Man, will we be on a sugar high then. No alcohol needed!
          Done.
          There will be three tables at the abnormals ball for Bluey goodness and Chocolate

Comment

Wow. If only all decisions were that quick and easy! Go Becky!!
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
              Anything At AT4 some people got in for having webbed toes. Seriously.
              Cheeky monkey!

Heh. Jet lag caught up with me just as everyone was getting ready for the AT4 ball. I took one look at my costume and couldn't handle it. Ended up wearing a random assortment of comfortable clothes, smudged makeup and frizzy hair. Sexy as. I never did come up with an abnormality.

ETA: readind my above description, maybe the abnormality checkers thought it best to avoid eye contact and just let me in
              Oh, I thought you came as an abnormal. My mistake.

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
              Done.
              There will be three tables at the abnormals ball for Bluey goodness and Chocolate
              One for jello, one for chocolate with nuts and one for chocolate without.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                and use it as energy to stay awake
                Oh man you're talking chocolate again!!! Drool....

I think the idea of having chocolate to stay awake is cool.....so let's see....a glass of rose wine to mellow things down at the end of a hard SE day...and chocolate to wake me up! Yes! Perfect!

A Plan! As you're on my guest services team hun, I think you should watch for me looking tired.....just saying......

Only popped in cos I heard the word "chocolate".....

Julia
                G4
                To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                  Done.
                  Does this mean I just got promoted to Mistress of the Chocolate as well??? Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
                  (Or, y'know, if someone else would care to volunteer, I'm totally okay with staying in my role as simply the bluejelloqueen, whichever works )

We'll need to separate anything with nuts for the sake of allergies -- so anyone new to this element of the event, please label your chocolate to indicate if there's any nuts or fruit, etc. (Yes, we've had issues with fruit allergies before as well, so best to be safe rather than sorry!)

BTW: I may have just hit a snag in the fridge logistics for the bluey goodness, so if anyone is staying at a hotel near (or in) the Sheraton, with fridges in their room that they'd like to donate space in for the highly worthy cause, pls let me know! (I haven't lost my fridge and/or mixing space, it just became a tad more difficult to schedule the picking up of said goodies due to my mate's work schedule.... )
                  Last edited by ames; 09 July 2010, 07:41 AM. Reason: Having technical difficulties...
                  ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                  ames on facebook
                  ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                    Does this mean I just got promoted to Mistress of the Chocolate as well??? Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
                    (Or, y'know, if someone else would care to volunteer, I'm totally okay with staying in my role as simply the bluejelloqueen, whichever works )

We'll need to separate anything with nuts for the sake of allergies -- so anyone new to this element of the event, please label your chocolate to indicate if there's any nuts or fruit, etc. (Yes, we've had issues with fruit allergies before as well, so best to be safe rather than sorry!)

BTW: I may have just hit a snag in the fridge logistics for the bluey goodness, so if anyone is staying at a hotel near (or in) the Sheraton, with fridges in their room that they'd like to donate space in for the highly worthy cause, pls let me know! (I haven't lost my fridge and/or mixing space, it just became a tad more difficult to schedule the picking up of said goodies due to my mate's work schedule.... )

By all means, you can take on the chocolate as far as I'm concerned. I plan on bouncing off the walls that night.

As to the finding a place to store the jello, I got an idea. Let me shoot off an email to you though so as to not bore anyone with the details. I have a feeling what I have in mind will work out pretty well, though the transport of said jello might need a few hands to help out.

Comment

Yeah, I'll be busy with SE stuff too. But a table designated at the Abby ball for chocolate (as there will also be a spot for the jello) might work out better. Man, will we be on a sugar high then. No alcohol needed!
                      Isn't the alcohol INSIDE the jello?
                      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                      Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                        Isn't the alcohol INSIDE the jello?
                        Heh, we may need FOUR tables then.

Btw, Thank you Becks!

Comment

And the clompy boots! Neep was being a percussion section all my herself while she danced

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                          Wow. If only all decisions were that quick and easy! Go Becky!!
                          Sweet
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                          My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            Cheeky monkey!
                            Hey, I didn't use names!

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            Oh, I thought you came as an abnormal. My mistake.

Cheeky monkey!

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                            And the clompy boots! Neep was being a percussion section all my herself while she danced

Sweet
                            Oh, those boots. If I could marry an item of footwear (not in a kinky way), it would be those boots. November and December in Europe meant I got to wear them 3 winters in a row!
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                              Oh man you're talking chocolate again!!! Drool....

I think the idea of having chocolate to stay awake is cool.....so let's see....a glass of rose wine to mellow things down at the end of a hard SE day...and chocolate to wake me up! Yes! Perfect!

A Plan! As you're on my guest services team hun, I think you should watch for me looking tired.....just saying......

Julia
                              G4
                              yes, we must keep you propped up

if we all start hitting the red bull, then you know we're in trouble

i prefer sugar and silliness to keep me going
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post

Julia
                                G4
                                That' sounds reasonable to me

Originally posted by ames View Post
                                BTW: I mayo'd like have just hit a snag in the fridge logistics for the bluey goodness, so if anyone is staying at a hotel near (or in) the Sheraton, with fridges in their room that they'd like to donate space in for the highly worthy cause, pls let me know! (I haven't lost my fridge and/or mixing space, it just became a tad more difficult to schedule the picking up of said goodies due to my mate's work schedule.... )
                                I'm staying at the Sheraton and if my room has a refridgerator I'm more than happy to donate its space. I checked the website and it says refridgerator in the room amenities, but I'm not certain whether that's a special request item or not. Let me know if you'd like me to ask for one
                                Last edited by SapphireJewelledQueen; 09 July 2010, 11:13 PM. Reason: failure to type due to lack of sugar

Lovebar made by natz099
                                My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Working...
                                X