GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    I'm beginning to wonder how they are going to pack all those guests into two days!
    Leave that to me......

Julia
    G4
    To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
      Leave that to me......

Julia
      G4
      Julia I have said it before, I've said it to several other people and I'm saying it again here, you're amazing!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Leave that to me......

Julia
        G4
        Happy to! Not a task I envy.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
          Con dancing!!!

(maybe not the most though ... lol ... but a lot ... hehe).
          YESSSSS!

Con dancing is my favourite! Actually dancing is my thing. You could lose me on a dancefloor, just so you know
          sigpic
          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Leave that to me......

Julia
            G4
            and her Rubik's cube!

Kay G4
            For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Actually, with some of the folk on this thread, you should be scared.
              Oh a lot of people have already tried to convince me of that.. Hm.. not really working yet :-p

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                Jonathon Young?

In hangman, those are two of the most common letters chosen! It could be anyone! Argh!
                i dunno. wasn't it late last july when his kids were killed? if the weekends are close, I'd guess he'd be more likely to want to spend time with his family instead of us.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Leave that to me......

Julia
                  G4
                  Julia is the master packer...or i guess I should say Mistress Packer
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hey, they can add another day on as far as I'm concerned.

Oops...did I just hear Mumsey fall off her chair.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                      YESSSSS!

Con dancing is my favourite! Actually dancing is my thing. You could lose me on a dancefloor, just so you know
                      Right well as my stick will be coming with I will leave all the dancing to you dear heart
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
                        Uargh! That is so mean! I'll be at the IIHF World Championship (again) today and my telecommunication company still doesn't deliver tweets to my mobile. I tried checking my mail at the arena last night and couldn't get an internet connection so I can't check twitter either. *blech*

Russia plays Kazakhstan, Belarus plays Slovakia and I have free tickets for both.
                        I get to see Ovechkin play!
                        Hopefully there will be lots of Russian fans there, they always rock the house.

*bumbling out of the thread to get some work done before hockey takes over*
                        Were you at the game where they set a record for attendance?
                        Is that a rhetorical question?

I am somewhat surprised that anyone outside my country has actually heard about it. Figures it's a Canadian!
                        Spoiler tags because I am not sure anyone wants to read about the game, especially those fans from the US:
                        Spoiler:
                        It was insane!
                        We had seats on the bottom of the stadium a couple of meters away from the rink. Before we got there people had decided to just leave their seats and get closer to the rink. Nobody told them to leave so they stayed for the whole game. Even without them it would have been difficult to see because our seats were standing on the floor and the boards are just about the same hight as a sitting person.
                        I was aware before we ever got there that the view would be bad but we figured we could just stand up. What we didn't figure was that we had to stand on our seats to actually see *anything*.
                        Here's a photo to give you an idea:
                        http://twitpic.com/1lv10m
                        None of that really matters as it was a once in a lifetime experience. The noise of the crowd was insane, the atmosphere was great and it's been a long time since we got to sing our national anthem at the World Championship.

Leave that to me......

Julia
                        G4
                        Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                        and her Rubik's cube!

Kay G4
                        I get a headache just thinking about the work that goes into that schedule.

Comment

Cool news with the latest additions...gonna be one heck of a busy weekend. Pack plenty of RockStars!
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                            Cool news with the latest additions...gonna be one heck of a busy weekend. Pack plenty of RockStars!
                            And this is going to be a problem?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              i dunno. wasn't it late last july when his kids were killed? if the weekends are close, I'd guess he'd be more likely to want to spend time with his family instead of us.
                              Ooh, wasn't aware of this fact. My apologies if it sounded a bit insensitive. My belated condolences to him and his family.

In the grand scheme of things, con's are very trivial as far as I'm concerned. Yeah it's a great place to meet people, make friends and have a brilliant time with everyone, but there are more important things in this great big universe. Life is dear and sadly, very short.

*puts soap box away*

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                                Hi Doikecarter,

I will go to AT5 by myself, too. I haven't met anyone yet, but I sure found lots of nice people on gateworld and the gabitforum!! Everyone is really nice and trying to answer aaaall the questions you might mave and trying to make you feel comfortable!!
                                So, you're not alone in this adventure. I'm so looking forward to AT5 and if the people are only half as nice in person as online, we'll be more than fine!!

The things we do to meet Amanda, huh?
                                Hi! I´m sooooo pleased I´m not the only newbie! I´ve registered and payed so it´s sort of "real". I´m really looking forward to go and Amanda and Mary McDonnell are the ones I´d do this for....I recently read about GABIT events and I thought "what if?" and it´s going to happen so....yes, the things we´d do to meet Amanda.

Comment

Working...
                                X