GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    BTW, I'm official now. Got the confirmation that Gabit has received my payment. As someone else (Cel? llp?) said it was 6GBP short. There must have been a fee at the other end. I'm going to get a reputation. My SE and MTM payments were a wee bit short too (GST issues). Seems I'm always a dollar short but at least I'm not a day late.
    Originally posted by elephantgirl View Post
    Got confirmation as well and it looks like I'm 5 GBP short as well. Weird how that goes, I'm grateful that I can pay that at registration and I don't have to try another transfer. Which would probably be another 5 GBP short, LOL. *is happy*
    LOL! I did my transfer on Tuesday after I got back from a trip and even though at midday my local bank looked up the exchange rate as of that time, the rates must've changed in the time it took to go through the "middle" bank and into the GABIT account, because what was deposited was 12 pounds short according the confirmation e-mail I received this evening!

Thankfully they know we're good for it! So Mumsey and Julia, d'ya prefer coinage or bills???

I'm looking forward to AT5 since it's my birthday weekend, but methinks I might need to start doing an anti-snow dance now, since that same weekend this year we were having a blizzard and ended up with 2 feet of snow and our airports were shut down for a bit!
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Yayyy, got my payment sorted and it's all been confirmed. *dances*

Thank goodness for the awesomeness that is GABIT
      sigpic
      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
        LOL! I did my transfer on Tuesday after I got back from a trip and even though at midday my local bank looked up the exchange rate as of that time, the rates must've changed in the time it took to go through the "middle" bank and into the GABIT account, because what was deposited was 12 pounds short according the confirmation e-mail I received this evening!

Thankfully they know we're good for it! So Mumsey and Julia, d'ya prefer coinage or bills???

I'm looking forward to AT5 since it's my birthday weekend, but methinks I might need to start doing an anti-snow dance now, since that same weekend this year we were having a blizzard and ended up with 2 feet of snow and our airports were shut down for a bit!
        Hey, it looks like we share a similar birthday...when is yours. Mine is the Monday after so I get a precelebration. But you always need to celebrate for a few days before in preparation.

And I don't care if it snows the week before or the week after, but please not the week of AT5. It could cause a lot of hassles including for AT. Please, not allowed in kindness to ShimmeringStar and my birthdays!
        sigpic

Comment

This is entirely OT but for any Startrek fan -- I just watched an interview with Patrick Stewart and it was terrific!

http://www.pbs.org/kcet/tavissmiley/...vid=1476910440

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post

When you come a long way you always want to do some touring in London and the question is do you tour before or after AT5. I think, to take any potential weather issues out of the mix, I will plan to come early and tour before. That way, if there is snow and the airport is closed I have extra time to get there.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
              Hey, it looks like we share a similar birthday...when is yours. Mine is the Monday after so I get a precelebration. But you always need to celebrate for a few days before in preparation.

And I don't care if it snows the week before or the week after, but please not the week of AT5. It could cause a lot of hassles including for AT. Please, not allowed in kindness to ShimmeringStar and my birthdays!
              February is a very classy month for being born. My birthday is the Thursday after AT5

Originally posted by donamac View Post
              This is entirely OT but for any Startrek fan -- I just watched an interview with Patrick Stewart and it was terrific!

http://www.pbs.org/kcet/tavissmiley/...vid=1476910440
              Ooh awesomesauce! thank you.

People touring before and after AT4 was fantastic I had a great time with some very cool visitors adding Sheffield to their tours It must be because of the national park next door
              sigpic
              Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
              My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                February is a very classy month for being born. My birthday is the Thursday after AT5

Ooh awesomesauce! thank you.

People touring before and after AT4 was fantastic I had a great time with some very cool visitors adding Sheffield to their tours It must be because of the national park next door
                Or just because you are there.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

my birthday is a couple of days before AT5...but i'll be celebrating at home

however, becky's IS in Feb adn she'll be there
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                    When you come a long way you always want to do some touring in London and the question is do you tour before or after AT5. I think, to take any potential weather issues out of the mix, I will plan to come early and tour before. That way, if there is snow and the airport is closed I have extra time to get there.
                    Now that is a good idea. I thought I would tour around a little as well. I usually come in the day before and leave the day after, but not this time. Coming early is good thinking.
                    Thanks.
                    sigpic

Comment

Is anyone looking for a room mate? I come with good roomie references from previous cons I'm going to both MTM & TSE and need to share accommodation costs with someone.

I've hardly had a chance to get on GW or think about this trip 'cause I've been tied up with a bunch of things and now I'm starting to get a bit worried about not being able to find a room mate...

I'm happy to sleep on the floor if someone wants to break down their room costs further

PS - is there a thread for TSE? I thought there was but I can't find it

Comment

Originally posted by Tal View Post
                        Here you go: http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/6...st-2010/page25

Comment

Thank you Fresh_Horse

Comment

Is anyone looking for a room mate? I come with good roomie references from previous cons I'm going to both MTM & TSE and need to share accommodation costs with someone.

I've hardly had a chance to get on GW or think about this trip 'cause I've been tied up with a bunch of things and now I'm starting to get a bit worried about not being able to find a room mate...

I'm happy to sleep on the floor if someone wants to break down their room costs further

There is a thread for TSE. It is over in the Santuary section with general scifi.
                            sigpic

Comment

There is a thread for TSE. It is over in the Santuary section with general scifi.
                              sigpic

Comment

You might also like to check out the Gabit chat site. If you don't find a specific thread for those looking for roomies, you could start one yourself there and see who might reply. Good luck!

Gabit Forums

Comment

Working...
                                X